Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5121547 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: There Could Be An Update RIGHT NOW
« Reply #7905 on: September 08, 2010, 05:38:37 pm »

What the heck is the song that's used in the animation? I'd have swore to god that it was one from the Alternia Album, but it doesn't match anything there after checking. I'm thinking it's a new song, and I want to know the name.
Crystalmanthequins I think. Not from Alternia.

Crystalanthamums isn't it, and I don't think there's a "Crystalmanthequins".

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7906 on: September 08, 2010, 05:40:38 pm »

#38 on Volume 5.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

White Kitteh

• Bay Watcher
  • Black Puppeh? (also stabs)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7907 on: September 08, 2010, 05:43:43 pm »

bam, Locationism.

and ninjaism.
HUNGRY PROGRAMMER NEEDS BANDWIDTH. FOOD UNIMPORTANT.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7908 on: September 08, 2010, 05:44:06 pm »

What an innocuous song to be given an animation all it's own.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7909 on: September 08, 2010, 05:46:54 pm »

You'll notice it's the exact same floppy-footed walk animation we saw with Jack back when.
It was shot in a similar perspective, but they are completely different walks. Jacks walks was jerky and mechanical, when I first saw it I thought Jack was doing some sort of 'so crazy his movements are just jerky spasms' thing. Terezi had a walk that flowed like something made of flesh would walk. It was relatively natural and flowing. I want to know if either Hussie made that or got somebody to animate bits like that, because I could really get used to that.

Yeah, I was wrong.  It's the same style and perspective, but it was made by a contributing artist instead of Hussie.  Speaking of callbacks though, the swirly-red-circle image of the sun in Terezi's eyes was the same as the sun in Dave's glasses, back in one of the animations or frames I can't find right now.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7910 on: September 08, 2010, 05:49:58 pm »

... Holy shit, I guess Aradia really did mind getting killed.
Nah, she didn't mind anything while she was dead... but her robot body seems to have fixed her emotions.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #7911 on: September 08, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »

Cool animation, but it's definitely not the final one. This might even be just a piece of the final one or something.

Also, does anybody know who made this image?

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7912 on: September 08, 2010, 06:01:33 pm »

I kind've want a wallpaper version of that one with Terezi looking at the sun.

These were in the art index thread I linked, and oh my god they are so beautiful.

Spoiler: AWESOME (click to show/hide)

Yeah, I was wrong.  It's the same style and perspective, but it was made by a contributing artist instead of Hussie.  Speaking of callbacks though, the swirly-red-circle image of the sun in Terezi's eyes was the same as the sun in Dave's glasses, back in one of the animations or frames I can't find right now.

I think that was "Dave: Ascend to the highest point of the building", or something like that. Also included a really clumsy walk animation, and the first teaser psycheout appearance of Jade. Man, the animation has REALLY improved since then. Maybe because Andrew's gotten all those people to help him.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #7913 on: September 08, 2010, 06:04:24 pm »

Speaking of callbacks though, the swirly-red-circle image of the sun in Terezi's eyes was the same as the sun in Dave's glasses, back in one of the animations or frames I can't find right now.

It shows up in plenty of animations, and frequently any time Dave goes outside or looks outside his apartment. All this, of course, before he entered the medium.

Here's the page I think you're talking about.
But the swirly sun makes another appearance here, as well as the other two Dave and Bro fight scenes.

There are probably a lot more. It shows up in Descend too, I know, or at least the swirly cloud pattern does.

I think that was "Dave: Ascend to the highest point of the building", or something like that. Also included a really clumsy walk animation, and the first teaser psycheout appearance of Jade. Man, the animation has REALLY improved since then. Maybe because Andrew's gotten all those people to help him.

Ah, right. Can't forget that page. Man, this thing is everywhere.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7914 on: September 08, 2010, 06:08:08 pm »

Am I the only one who didn't think this was the Act finale flash? I told Org that I thought there was still more stuff to cover before ending the Act, and lo and behold, Andrew Hussie agreed!

What the heck is the song that's used in the animation? I'd have swore to god that it was one from the Alternia Album, but it doesn't match anything there after checking. I'm thinking it's a new song, and I want to know the name.
Always check the sound credits page first. I recognized the song used but couldn't think of the name, so I looked it up myself.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7915 on: September 08, 2010, 06:10:10 pm »

This is probably act 5's "Ascend". Act 5's "Descend" will be like a trollgasm of awesomeness.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

eclipsetail

• Bay Watcher
  • [HIGH_FIVES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7916 on: September 08, 2010, 06:21:01 pm »

Oh man what.

Started reading this.
Just finished act four, and am reading all the "Hours in the future." and stuff.

I will continue being confused. Or maybe I'll look through the wiki.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #7917 on: September 08, 2010, 06:26:07 pm »

It's a mind screw. Of course you're confugglizationized.

At least (unfortunately?) this thing wasn't 6 minutes of KarkatxTerezi

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #7918 on: September 08, 2010, 06:27:07 pm »

Am I the only one who didn't think this was the Act finale flash? I told Org that I thought there was still more stuff to cover before ending the Act, and lo and behold, Andrew Hussie agreed!

Replace 'act' with 'troll part of act' and you got me. Hussie's stated already that we'll be seeing more kids before the act's over, though I was fully expecting the trollflash to tidy up the troll's spotlight.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7919 on: September 08, 2010, 06:31:13 pm »

Well, it certainly concluded the "Present" part of the troll act, I believe, having shown all members of either team in action. Also, hey, lookitdat, we have a quantifiable measure of how powerful Sollux's eyebeams are! They're basically as strong as a top-tier weapon.

At least (unfortunately?) this thing wasn't 6 minutes of KarkatxTerezi

That would have been hilarious, but thankfully no.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (
Pages: 1 ... 526 527 [528] 529 530 ... 3524