Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5124682 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: Trolls, Taste the Double Rainbow
« Reply #6705 on: August 26, 2010, 12:18:42 am »

Well, if you knew that everyone else knew that killing you would end the universe, wouldn't you show off a bit? Granted, walking into the middle of a firefight and stabbing Spades in the eye is a bit much, but Snowman is evil. I imagine that she left him alive in the vault because she wanted him to starve to death. Given how long WV lasted without a bite to eat, that might be a very long time, although the Midnight Crew may be some other speices. So I would have to say she acts the way she does out of psycopathic cruelty.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6706 on: August 26, 2010, 12:25:38 am »

What I'm curious about is why Snowman doesn't just kill Spades later. He doesn't really have any special powers, so I'm surprised she always seems to merely harm him and then leave.

That might be part of the Kinky Roleplay Shit they supposedly have going on. Maybe she's trying to see how far she can push him.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6707 on: August 26, 2010, 12:31:26 am »

Citizens of Derse are not Trolls, so I'm not seeing Kinky Roleplay Shit taking effect here. I'm thinking that she can't kill him. We don't know why Mr. Scratch made her what she is, or what he has told her to and not to do.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: August 26, 2010, 12:51:12 am »

Citizens of Derse are not Trolls, so I'm not seeing Kinky Roleplay Shit taking effect here. I'm thinking that she can't kill him. We don't know why Mr. Scratch made her what she is, or what he has told her to and not to do.

True, they aren't trolls, but there is a trope for it, though admittedly it is based on rather subjective audience perceptions.

What's odd is that in the current Spades timeline, only he and Snowman are alive. Maybe he has some level of universal permanence as well?
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: August 26, 2010, 02:03:39 am »

Jack Noir and the Black Queen are totally kismeses. Andrew said so himself, in one of the romance exposition dumps. You might have missed it if you didn't read them. He also said humans were stupid for not noticing it themselves. Although that's not really a love/hate relationship as much as a romantic hate/hate relationship.

Also, I like Terezi's style. No one else has thought of responding to their exile yet.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: August 26, 2010, 02:05:16 am »

Actually, I think the exposition dump labeled Jack Noir and the Black Queen as kismesis from a troll's point of view. I don't think romance of any sort or variety exists in Derse or Prospit cultures.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6711 on: August 26, 2010, 02:07:32 am »

I dunno.... I'm pretty sure psychic attacks count as a response.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: August 26, 2010, 02:58:43 am »

Actually, I think the exposition dump labeled Jack Noir and the Black Queen as kismesis from a troll's point of view. I don't think romance of any sort or variety exists in Derse or Prospit cultures.
Quote from: Romance exposition dump
For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.
1) Humans can't understand the relationship between SS and BQ
2) Trolls instantly recognize it as kismesissitude
3) Trolls think humans are pretty stupid for not getting it
4) Trolls are right, humans are stupid

Now, the narrator voice does not actually state that they are kismeses, but it is VERY STRONGLY IMPLIED.

I dunno.... I'm pretty sure psychic attacks count as a response.
Ah, but Sollux didn't actually consciously respond to the exile! He thought he was just chatting with another whisper of the imminently deceased. And by "chatting with" I mean "blasting". Just like John had the narrator voice relay his responses, but wasn't consciously aware that it was happening.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: August 26, 2010, 03:01:08 am »

What part of "There is a trope for this" are we not getting here? The only different part is that this is required for their reproduction.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: August 26, 2010, 03:14:18 am »

What part of "There is a trope for this" are we not getting here? The only different part is that this is required for their reproduction.
That was said by Andrew's troll narrator voice, not me. :P
What I said was that the Foe Yay is there, as confirmed by Word Of God.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: August 26, 2010, 03:40:50 am »

Not even close. Kismesissitude only applies as some form of romantic relationship to trolls. To every other species it's just being bitter rivals because it's not part of their biology. There is no tie one could make from anything from the Word of God to imply Foe Yay. That's just your inner shipper talking.

And yeah, it's rather easy to see them as bitter rivals. What kind of idiot troll would be so stupid as to think this is difficult to see? #4 on that list is looking quite dubious.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6716 on: August 26, 2010, 08:03:54 am »

Not even close. Kismesissitude only applies as some form of romantic relationship to trolls. To every other species it's just being bitter rivals because it's not part of their biology. There is no tie one could make from anything from the Word of God to imply Foe Yay. That's just your inner shipper talking.

And yeah, it's rather easy to see them as bitter rivals. What kind of idiot troll would be so stupid as to think this is difficult to see? #4 on that list is looking quite dubious.
ANDREW said that. I was just quoting him. Here, let me quote him again:

Quote from: Romance exposition dump
For instance, human players would never be able to adequately diagnose the relationship between the queen and her archagent. But troll players could immediately place it as a dead ringer for kismesissitude. They would think we were all pretty stupid for not getting it. And they would be right.
See? I emphasized it this time. Andrew said that, in his (troll) narrator voice, along with the other things I listed. I seem to remember you were complaining about it when it first came around. :P And I still think this paragraph strongly implies that the relationship between SS and BQ is one of kismesissitude. Unless of course Andrew is doing some kind of unreliable narrator stunt here, describing their romance from the troll point of view rather than his omniscient narrator point of view.

So, unless the author is lying, Snowman spades Slick. 8)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: August 26, 2010, 08:09:13 am »

He is describing it from the troll point of view, that's why he has that get-up on.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: August 26, 2010, 08:11:15 am »

Just because the trolls would see it as a Kismesissitude doesn't mean it is, in the manner in which Trolls are accustomed. They are not the same species and unless Andrew says otherwise, only Trolls work that way, so it's just intense, mutual loathing without attraction being involved in any way. It'd be like if we came across a race in which two different members of the race exhibited all the characteristics of being in love, but didn't consummate their relationship ever, because to them that's not what those feelings are for and the concept of love involving attraction is alien to them. We'd think they were in love, but they wouldn't be in our love, they'd just be acting in various ways that coincide with our concept of love. Just because Spades and the Queen hate each other with a passion, it doesn't mean it's a Kismesis. It just means they hate each other, without sex or reproduction being involved.

I do like the pun though, that was a damn good pun. Spades Slick, hah.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:17:09 am by Jackrabbit »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6719 on: August 26, 2010, 08:14:52 am »

I have such a massive hate-on it's not even funny.
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 3524