Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116217 times)

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: My Troll Ship Is Better Than Your Troll Ship
« Reply #5190 on: August 10, 2010, 05:25:34 am »

Actually, all of this stuff was pretty much spelled out on the MSPA wiki on the 'Troll Relationships' page, but it was mostly just speculation until now.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5191 on: August 10, 2010, 05:40:17 am »

Actually, all of this stuff was pretty much spelled out on the MSPA wiki on the 'Troll Relationships' page, but it was mostly just speculation until now.

That's what I mean.  It was informed speculation, based on dissembling and Hussie's occasional illuminations in his forum.  I think throwing a plain English reference card into the comic proper takes some of the essential wackiness out of the story.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Soadreqm

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm okay with this. I'm okay with a lot of things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5192 on: August 10, 2010, 07:37:29 am »

Eh, that's what this whole act has been. First a concept is referred to in passing, and then played with for a bit while everyone tries to guess what's going on, and then we get a shovelful of exposition because Andrew wants to be done with the troll arc sooner rather than later. If he didn't explain the romance out of the way, he'd have to keep coming back to it. Like the lususes dying. Or the double Moebius reacharound connection order.

jsnlxndrlv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5193 on: August 10, 2010, 07:40:30 am »

Yeah, it's fun to play story-sleuth and try to piece together the world-logic of the concepts he keeps inventing, but things would spiral out of control pretty quickly if he didn't periodically stop and specify exactly how a given thing works. Considering the number of mutually exclusive fan theories that pop up on forums like this one, the existence of concrete explanations that ensure everybody's on the same page is a godsend.

Also, this guy Lee-Ham on another forum apparently considered the possibility of the 13th Zodiac and uracil replacing thymine in RNA transcription of DNA, and made something, well...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 07:52:28 am by jsnlxndrlv »

Ninteen45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5194 on: August 10, 2010, 10:15:05 am »

Every time I see Vriska I'm thinking about Misery:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OlolbLXvw
Max characters: 500; characters remaining: 395
Images in your signature must be no higher than 80 pixels.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5195 on: August 10, 2010, 10:12:55 pm »

They updated. I guess this brings stuff more into focus.
I guess the conciliatory, then, is simply less vibrant feelings?
Also often called Boowells.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5196 on: August 10, 2010, 10:32:27 pm »

I don't give a shit about any of this relationship background history stuff. Wow, the trolls have four words for types of relationships because Hussie decided to tie the heart representing love to the heart representing a card suit together. Hooray. Humans have about a million different ways to describe relationships too. I don't want to learn or have to keep track of any of these words. I didn't care the first time "moirallegiance" was brought up and the more detail Hussie tries to go into about it, the more frustrated I'm getting. I really don't like it when he tries to take certain concepts way more seriously than they should in the story's parameters.

Aggravated fan over here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5197 on: August 10, 2010, 10:34:54 pm »

Alright, I think I get it.

Flushed: Trolls pity each other enough to start a romantic relationship to ensure their gene line survives.
Caliginous: Trolls try to be helpful to each other out of mutual pity, but no more than that.
Ashen: Trolls hate each other so hard that it becomes obsession, and romance.
Pale: Trolls truly hate each other, yet act in a benifical manner due to being vitriolic friends or out of survival instinct.

Here's what I think. The trolls are trying to hinder the kids because of an undisclosed cross-game problem. I think that it has less to due with Sburb, and more to due with a fatal breakdown of the troll reproduction cycle because of human relationships becoming very attractive to the trolls. Their very attempts to hinder the kids will cause their problem in the first place. That might be why they still contact them, and have been. The kid's mutual friendships are addictive to behold, even if they don't see it happening. Like if mind honey was lazor cocaine, friendships would be ultra-heroin.

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 10:36:42 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5198 on: August 10, 2010, 10:38:53 pm »

@Retro:
>skip page(s)

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5199 on: August 10, 2010, 10:40:59 pm »

Alright, I think I get it.

Here's what I think. The trolls are trying to hinder the kids because of an undisclosed cross-game problem. I think that it has less to due with Sburb, and more to due with a fatal breakdown of the troll reproduction cycle because of human relationships becoming very attractive to the trolls. Their very attempts to hinder the kids will cause their problem in the first place. That might be why they still contact them, and have been. The kid's mutual friendships are addictive to behold, even if they don't see it happening. Like if mind honey was lazor cocaine, friendships would be ultra-heroin.

Well, I suppose that makes sense. Karkat certainly beats himself up enough that I wouldn't be surprised if he somewhat enjoyed watching John's horrifying antics.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5200 on: August 10, 2010, 10:42:00 pm »

@Retro:
>skip page(s)

You know none of us are capable of that D:

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5201 on: August 10, 2010, 10:45:45 pm »

This stuff was way more interesting when it wasn't explicitly explained.

And it's taking time away from stuff that would be interesting. Like introducing another troll. Hell, I'd even take Kanaya crying for another four panels over this.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5202 on: August 10, 2010, 10:46:46 pm »

I've built up an immunity to exposition over the years, this is pretty tame by my standards.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #5203 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:24 pm »

I've built up an immunity to exposition over the years, this is pretty tame by my standards.

same here

try metal gear solid's verbal diarrhea

THAT is alot of exposition

or so i hear
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Outcast Orange

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETIMES_SQUID]
    • View Profile
    • The Outcast Orange
« Reply #5204 on: August 10, 2010, 11:34:48 pm »

Try watching the bits of Naruto where they go into way too much detail with the emo background stories of the bad guys for upwards of an entire episode.

It makes you do bad things to the more destructible things around you.
[7:53:55 PM] Armok, why did you demand that I don't eat you?
[7:54:34 PM] [Armok]: woooooo

Burried Houses - Platform Explorer Demo H - Cloud Scream
Pages: 1 ... 345 346 [347] 348 349 ... 3524