Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

chocolate

pudding
pops

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 3524

Author Topic: MSPA Homestuck  (Read 5116647 times)

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile
Re: MSPA: My Troll Ship Is Better Than Your Troll Ship
« Reply #5130 on: August 09, 2010, 07:41:30 pm »

I'm just wondering how Jade's getting into the medium. I can't remember when John recovered his server copy of Sburb, so I'm unsure.

I don't think he has yet. He sent a request for it via minitablet, and PM? sent it using that breeze postal system thing, but I don't think he has actually gotten it yet. He will have to go back to LOWAS to get it, though.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5131 on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:46 pm »

The server copy was in the green box within John's Dad's car, and said box is now in the possession of Dream John. I think, this plot is like working my way through a 4D maze. How he'll get that to real John remains to be seen.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5132 on: August 09, 2010, 07:42:59 pm »

I'm just wondering how Jade's getting into the medium. I can't remember when John recovered his server copy of Sburb, so I'm unsure.

She already has a server copy.  It's the juice-stained copy Dave had, that got stolen by the Diamonds Droog stand-in and left in the time capsule in the meteor with the genetic-thingy Becquerel was made in, that also happened to be the Temple.  (Amazing that a sentence like that could actually make sense.)

EDIT: Oh waitaminute, John.  Uh, yeah.  Well, he's rocketing around the cosmos (or Skaia's surface or something) so I suspect Skaia computer related shenanigans.  Maybe he'll wind up with some other 413+million year old CD.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 07:44:34 pm by Aqizzar »
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5133 on: August 09, 2010, 07:45:07 pm »

Oh. Right.

I wonder if her laptop thing was destroyed when the tower blew up. Because either that meteor is a few seconds away from squishing her (again) or it's very far away and is much bigger than expected.
Solar Rangers: Suggestion Game in SPAAAAACE
RPG Interest Check Thread
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5134 on: August 09, 2010, 07:50:03 pm »

I'm assuming the Rift happens about the point where Jack initiates the reckoning. "The Rift" is probably the point where the game gets broken, diverging from the standard way it's supposed to be played?

Something like that.

It's affecting the trolls, too, hence their trolling campaign, evidently to get the kids to not royally screw up everything.

We don't really know what it is, though, aside from a few tidbits the trolls give. But it sure sounds ominous, doesn't it?

I recently went on an archive binge as well. I am now an expert on this comic.

The Rift is the meteor belt between the Medium and Derse. It's where the meteors for the Reckoning come from.

No no no, that's the Veil. You wouldn't know the Medium from the Incisphere if it kicked you in the face. And I know you edited your post but I still want to make this joke.

Tavros can't see Jade's future past The Rift, not past her dreambot exploding.

Whatever The Rift is.

Isn't that when Skaia goes Hell bent for leather after 24 hours and hurls the entire Veil into Earth to protect itself?  Maybe they can't see past that because the fuckhuge meteor looming over Jade's place means there won't be an Earth around for them to look at?

No no no, that's the Reckoning. The Rift is something else entirely that we have not yet seen. But I guess it tears all of Paradoxspace a new one, hence it also affecting the trolls.

Oh. Right.

I wonder if her laptop thing was destroyed when the tower blew up. Because either that meteor is a few seconds away from squishing her (again) or it's very far away and is much bigger than expected.

Yeah, it's enormous. Took me a while to realize that Becquerel is staring at it past Jade's tower at the end of Descend.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5135 on: August 09, 2010, 07:54:28 pm »

You know, even if the larger meteors are stopped, Earth is currently screwed anyway. The number of impacts that are shown to have happened would demolish any area of civilization with access to video games, and turn the atmosphere into a giant ash storm. Humans will go extinct regardless of the kid's actions. Well, unless time travel gets involved again.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #5136 on: August 09, 2010, 07:55:48 pm »

Actually I believe it was assumed that the earth was doomed way earlier than this.

Which makes it kind of pointless, considering that even if they win, its kinda like "Well, ah. Whoo." While they have no where to go or live.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5137 on: August 09, 2010, 07:56:27 pm »

Sburb is based on stable time loops, so probably not, unless Rose breaks the game to absurd levels.

Remember, the exiles are all 413 years in Earth's future. The entire planet is a desert waste land.
i had the elves bring me two tigermen, although i forgot to let them out of the cage and they died : ( i was sad : (

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5138 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:18 pm »

The old picture from the Lab Rose found (I think?) showed all the meteor landing sites over time.  Hussie's (or Skaia's I guess) conception of size and meteor physics is spotty to say the least.  But that meteor Bro sliced in half in Descend was supposed to make a "crater" or impact or whatever about the size of Texas.  The impact circle for the one headed for Jade was about the size of the Moon.  If there's any math to be done, you can do it in your head, but that's a huge asteroid (moving at a speed any astronomer would call ludicrously slow, but there you have it).
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5139 on: August 09, 2010, 07:57:50 pm »

Wait a second. How would the exiles have gotten out of the medium? What did I miss this time?
No Gods, No Masters.

Retro

• Bay Watcher
  • o7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5140 on: August 09, 2010, 07:59:40 pm »

Wait a second. How would the exiles have gotten out of the medium? What did I miss this time?

AR went through a portal with the Frog Temple, the White Queen went through another on her ship. I don't remember if we've seen how WV and PM got to Earth yet but it's probably pretty similar.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5141 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:00 pm »

They were teleported out by Skaia during the Reckoning as far as I remember, all of them landing in far-future earth.

The old picture from the Lab Rose found (I think?) showed all the meteor landing sites over time.  Hussie's (or Skaia's I guess) conception of size and meteor physics is spotty to say the least.  But that meteor Bro sliced in half in Descend was supposed to make a "crater" or impact or whatever about the size of Texas.  The impact circle for the one headed for Jade was about the size of the Moon.  If there's any math to be done, you can do it in your head, but that's a huge asteroid (moving at a speed any astronomer would call ludicrously slow, but there you have it).

Clearly, they all move at the speed of plot.

Either way, Bro's MeteorSlice was just meant to give Dave's egg enough time to hatch, I suppose. Bro, of course, survived either because he was sucked into the medium with Dave, or more likely, because he's Bro.

tehstefan

• Bay Watcher
  • R.I.P Bro. You were too good for this place
    • View Profile
« Reply #5142 on: August 09, 2010, 08:00:59 pm »

Yeah we don't know how WV and PM got there.

EDIT: And yeah. Its definitely because he's bro. I mean look at grandpa. He got into the medium just fine after all.
I suspect you've never tried doing many illegal things yet in your game. The second the CCS knows you're "active", they'll come down on you like the hammer of God.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5143 on: August 09, 2010, 08:03:43 pm »

Well, Bro had to have gotten into the Land of Heat and Clockwork at some point, seeing as he fights Jack there at an unspecified time.
No Gods, No Masters.

Josephus

• Bay Watcher
  • The Immortal Historian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5144 on: August 09, 2010, 08:06:35 pm »

I'm pretty sure the fight occurs when Jack is in the middle of killing the fuck out of existence. He gets balked by Bro at the Beat Mesa. Wait... then goes back for White Queen's ring? Okay, Descend is definitely achronological at some points, but it seems that all of the events are happening in sequence.
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 [343] 344 345 ... 3524