Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48

Author Topic: Beginners Mafia - Game over!  (Read 71945 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Beginners Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #240 on: August 05, 2009, 11:14:34 am »

I highly doubt dakarian is scum now.  No scum would post so much after being called out for lurking.  I also agree with him, mostly because he's basically talking for me.  What he has said about eduren is what I think is true.  eduren should flip up scum.  I'm pretty sure.  My vote stays, even if it's a nonsensical OMGUS.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: August 05, 2009, 11:32:06 am »

The Whiteboard
Jim Groovester: webadict
Org: Jim Groovester
ToonyMan: Free Beer, eduren
dakarian: BloodBeard, Vector
eduren: ToonyMan, dakarian

Quick reminder: Day 1 ends ~10am Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: August 05, 2009, 11:52:09 am »

Toonyman,

Currently there is a three way tie between you, eduren, and dakarian. Both of the people who are currently on dakarian have the fact that he was lurking as their reason for voting for him. When they get on, they will no doubt shift their votes elsewhere, probably resolving the tie. If you are town as you claim to be, this is your chance to acquit yourself. It is in your best interest to explain your previous actions. I think everyone here knows that what you did was extremely suspicious. I personally think you are trying to hide something, and that what you are trying to hide is the fact that you are scum. If you can give us a good reason for what you are doing, you will seem much less suspicious.

Please answer with something other than just "I'm not scum!!!  :-[ :-[ :-["

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: August 05, 2009, 11:55:05 am »

If I was scum I wouldn't draw attention to myself like a stupid idiot.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: August 05, 2009, 11:59:17 am »

If I was scum I wouldn't draw attention to myself like a stupid idiot.

So you are saying that you intentionally drew suspicion on yourself in order to convince everyone that you are not scum?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: August 05, 2009, 12:01:26 pm »

No, so I can get the scum to try to bandwagon me.  I think it worked sortof well.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: August 05, 2009, 12:07:54 pm »

No, so I can get the scum to try to bandwagon me.  I think it worked sortof well.

So then what were you trying to hide? Was it just the fact that you were acting as bait?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: August 05, 2009, 12:10:38 pm »

I never thought I was hiding anything.  I started the game rather silly like, but in turn I was able to get my suspicions straight.

Free Beer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: August 05, 2009, 12:32:35 pm »

I never thought I was hiding anything.  I started the game rather silly like, but in turn I was able to get my suspicions straight.

Alright, I feel much better about you now that you have explained your motivations. Unvote. However, be advised that Mafia is a team game - you confused pretty much everyone except you, and that was not very helpful to everyone else. While you may have your suspicions straight now, we don't.

BloodBeard, you've been fairly indecisive of late. What's going through your mind?

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: August 05, 2009, 01:02:26 pm »

I don't have time to read through everything and respond right now, but I did get skim through dakarian's big post and I unvote. I'll be back

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: August 05, 2009, 02:59:27 pm »

Read through everything since yesterday and i'm satisfied with dakarian's responses to not suspect him, yet.

Freebeer: I've voiced my concerns for Toony but i've always held that eduren is my prime suspect. Jim however is starting to draw my attention by posting multiple times about a eduren-toonyman-webadict row, which would be true in eduren and toonyman but i'm not sure why webadict is included there.

He seems overly suspicous about webadict without any of what i'd consider reasonable evidence. If webadict wasn't scum then he would most likely be a target for the scum considering his experience.

My concerns for Toony have been lightening as of late and I don't think he should be lynched. My primary concern before was that he was acting too strange for the town to get any information but he seems better now.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: August 05, 2009, 03:04:46 pm »

Unvote, post-wall-of-text.  Thinking...
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

BloodBeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: August 05, 2009, 03:51:07 pm »

Org: Name one person you think is scum and one person you think is town, explanations for both please.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: August 05, 2009, 03:52:38 pm »

Alright, time to answer questions.

However, while I think eduren may be scum, I'm leading more for Jim Groovester, as I'll point out why:
I'm satisfied by what you've posted, dakarian. There's still the possibility you're some super duper awesome mafioso who knows exactly how to conceal his deceit, but that seems a bit absurd.
He thinks mafiosos are super duper awesome. More importantly though, there isn't really a webadict/eduren/ToonyMan affair, but he's making it seem like there is.

When I said super duper awesome, I was referring to skill level. A more appropriate way to put would have been 'incredibly skillful' or 'masterfully deceitful' or what have you. I wasn't saying that I think mafiosos are 'cool' or 'wicked awesome'.

My reasoning
So, first eduren is taking cues from me, but then again I'm only 50/50 mafia? Doesn't make much sense to me, unless you're going with the piggyback argument that eduren is following whoever he can. That'd make more sense.

Yeah, that's essentially what I was getting at. eduren is piggybacking on other people's arguments. The timing of his criticisms of ToonyMan and yours yesterday made me think that the two of you may have been working together, and it generally seemed like the two of you were ToonyMan's most fervent accusers, which is why I referred to the tussle yesterday between the three of you as the webadict/eduren/ToonyMan affair. However, I'm now getting the impression that eduren was acting independently, and you were just doing an excellent job of highlighting suspicious behavior.

You know what Jim? How about this: If you think I am scum, try voting for me, and giving reasons. If you think anyone is partners with me, I will recommend voting for me, as wouldn't I be the most logical choice? I would be more experienced, would I not? Until that point actually happens, I will vote Jim Groovester. You're trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

Ehh, I'm not ready to do that yet. Besides, the more you talk the less suspicious I get, and the more Org doesn't talk the more suspicious I get of him. He's yet to answer anything, aside from posting suspicious comments yesterday and generally being defiant and uncooperative.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: August 05, 2009, 03:54:47 pm »

Lurkers.  I'm currently satisfied with dakarian's logic-blocks, as he has (in my mind, at least) undone his lurking.  I find it difficult to believe that Org has absolutely zero time to do anything but defend himself, however.  At the moment, I'd mark him as the member who has contributed the least to the town's efforts.  Eduren seems quite scummy, but at least we know something about him.  Even data on his incompetence is better than no data whatsoever.

So, Org for now, with the hope of pressuring him into some analytical contributions.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 48