Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Stone Buildings question  (Read 381 times)

Redgaia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Stone Buildings question
« on: July 27, 2009, 07:52:05 am »

I've seen people talking about building with orthoclase and microcline, but for some reason, stones listed on the "other stones" list of DF wiki don't appear on the build menu when I choose materials. Is there some piece of coding that I need to enable to use these otherwise pointless materials for building?
All I do, I do for !!SCIENCE!!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: Stone Buildings question
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2009, 08:05:31 am »

If you're using the Mayday tileset, that includes the Economic Stone mod which marks pretty much every single rock type as economic - to change this, go to Z - Stones and unmark the ones you want to use.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 09:49:18 am »

Likewise, if you're NOT using the Mayday graphic set (and don't want to), you would have to get your hands on the Economic Stone mod.  Otherwise you won't be able to mark all stones except the ones you want to use as Economic, or the ones you want to avoid using as Economic.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 10:02:39 am »

That's not necessary, you always get to choose a stone when you make a building. For crafted goods, I just put a stockpile of the desired stone right next to the workshop. Alternatively, you could temporarily forbid other stones from the stocks menu.
Akur Akir Akam!

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 10:42:13 am »

Alternatively, you could temporarily forbid other stones from the stocks menu.

That only tends to work if you don't have a whole lot of stone lying around - if you've spent any significant amount of time mining, you'll end up with tens of thousands of rocks (I've got over 50K), and even highlighting the Stone section in Z-Stocks will cause DF to freeze for several minutes while it counts them all up.
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.