Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 136

Author Topic: Things that made you angry today thread.  (Read 97226 times)

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you angry today thread.
« Reply #360 on: August 23, 2009, 11:06:04 pm »

I'm currently playing Cave Story, and I'm near the end. It's a 4 person boss run with no chance to heal.

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 23, 2009, 11:07:52 pm »

I'm currently playing Cave Story, and I'm near the end. It's a 4 person boss run with no chance to heal.

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

I GOT STUCK THERE TOO AND SAID SCREW IT.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 23, 2009, 11:13:35 pm »

AAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHH

There is a chance to heal.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But onto my rage:

DAMMIT MY COLLEGE DROPPED ALL MY CLASSES A WEEK BEFORE IT STARTS! THERE ARE NO FREE CLASSES! WHAT THE HELL?! A FEW DAYS AGO IT WAS FINE! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU DO?!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 23, 2009, 11:15:14 pm »

:(

You're going to be stuck with underwater basket weaving......or worse.............art.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 23, 2009, 11:18:16 pm »

... I'm likely to take quite a few art classes.

And these classes were going to be things like Biology, advanced math and such. And I need 12 credits to get financial aid. So either the college fixes it, or I'll need to find something else to do for the Fall.

Thankfully I only have to wait for the Spring and not a whole damn year.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 23, 2009, 11:23:16 pm »

Do you know what caused it?

Vester

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:AWE-INSPIRING:bloonk]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 23, 2009, 11:24:10 pm »

... I'm likely to take quite a few art classes.

And these classes were going to be things like Biology, advanced math and such. And I need 12 credits to get financial aid. So either the college fixes it, or I'll need to find something else to do for the Fall.

Thankfully I only have to wait for the Spring and not a whole damn year.

What.

How could they drop Biology?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 23, 2009, 11:26:54 pm »

They dropped all my classes. Somehow. And they were all required classes too.

It's a week before anything needs to be paid and my only concern here is there won't be any space left in any classes in any possible good schedule. Unless I go on the weekend.

No college is takin' my weekends. Also, the college is two bus stops away(45min-1hr) so scheduling is a little tight for me.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 23, 2009, 11:28:41 pm »

They dropped all my classes. Somehow. And they were all required classes too.

It's a week before anything needs to be paid and my only concern here is there won't be any space left in any classes in any possible good schedule. Unless I go on the weekend.

No college is takin' my weekends. Also, the college is two bus stops away(45min-1hr) so scheduling is a little tight for me.

I was gonna whine about how my right shoe was digging into my ankle, but your problem is immensely worse. Did all the profs pull out or something?
"Land of song," said the warrior bard, "though all the world betray thee - one sword at least thy rights shall guard; one faithful harp shall praise thee."

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 23, 2009, 11:34:33 pm »

I think it was just a problem with the online registration system. And I checked. My previously registered classes are full.

And this is community college, if it makes a difference.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 23, 2009, 11:35:06 pm »

Same here.  It's just not worth it.

Vester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 23, 2009, 11:36:03 pm »

I think it was just a problem with the online registration system. And I checked. My previously registered classes are full.

And this is community college, if it makes a difference.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't make a difference. :D

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 23, 2009, 11:38:37 pm »

Looking at the differences in forums and registration between me and my sister(Who is going to UMD), there appeared to be a rather sizable difference.

Mayhaps not in this case so much, but still.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 24, 2009, 12:05:57 am »

Going along with Duke's college woes:

My school has been making me jump through hoops before they will accept my Financial Aid application. The government has approved me for it already, and I turned in everything that they initially asked for, but each time I went to the office with paperwork, they sent me off with something else to fill out, sign, and bring in the next day. After doing this to me for about 2 weeks, I turned in the last of the paperwork only to have the Financial Aid office tell me that I was ineligible for Aid unless I filed an appeal. I was told that it was a routine thing, mostly to make sure no students were milking the system, and I'd be fine since it was the first time I'd sought any Financial Aid for school. I was also told that I would be informed via phone or email when it was done being processed.

After not hearing word from the office for about a week, I checked my Financial Aid status on the school's website; without bothering to inform me, they denied the appeal on the basis that my grades in the last semester were too poor... the irony of this is that I am seeking Financial Aid because I had to work Full Time just in order to afford school last semester, which severely impacted my grades.

I've been planning my year around having the grant money that I have already been approved for there, as well as being able to do a Work Study for income during the year. I was hoping to finish up my last semester at Community College, and finally move on to University to get on with my Biology Degree... but at this point, it doesn't even look like I'm going to be able to afford school at all.

Needless to say, I am friggin' pissed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 24, 2009, 12:09:02 am »

Oh don't worry, if you were born out of America all your Financial Aid is covered for scho--oh wait.  I forgot.   :-\

I'm going to have the same problem soon...
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 136