Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-  (Read 14001 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Battle of the Gods VI OOC Thread -preparation-
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 10:36:56 am »

we are on irc://irc.newnet.net#botg

it's not empty pandarsenic, you must be macking a mistake
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 10:48:19 am »

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
   --------------------------------
00|⌂▲▲▲⌂●●●●●█████●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |≈▲^▲⌂⌂⌂●●●●●●●●≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♣♣.♣♣.....≈≈≈≈
  |⌂⌂⌂⌂⌂.≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣.♣⌂⌂⌂.....≈≈
  |≈.≈..≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂^⌂⌂.....≈
05|≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈..♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...┌≈
  |≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈──────○▲▲⌂⌂..┌┘≈
  |≈≈≈≈...≈≈≈.≈≈≈≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌┘.≈
  |≈≈┐..⌂⌂⌂≈|..≈≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲○───┘...
  |♣.|.⌂⌂▲⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂.....♣
10|♣|⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣|...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂....♣♣
  |♣♣○⌂▲○───┘...≈...♣♣⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |♣♣⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣.....≈..♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
  |.⌂⌂▲⌂.♣.....≈≈≈┐.♣♣♣♣⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣..≈≈≈≈└─────○▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣♣
15|⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...♣♣
  |⌂▲^▲⌂♣♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈.......⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.┌──
  |⌂▲▲▲⌂♣♣♣♣≈≈≈≈≈≈......⌂⌂^▲⌂○──┘..
  |≈⌂▲▲⌂♣♣♣⌠┌≈≈≈≈≈≈≈.....⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂....
  |≈⌂▲⌂⌂♣♣⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠┌──○▲▲⌂⌂♣♣♣♣♣
20|⌂⌂▲⌂⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌠≈≈≈⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠|⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂⌂.♣♣♣♣
  |▲▲○─┐┌─┐⌠|⌠└─┬─────┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂..♣♣♣♣
  |⌂⌂⌂~└┘~└─┘~~.|⌠⌠⌠⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂.....♣♣
  |~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~..
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲○⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌──≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~|~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠|⌂⌂▲▲▲⌂⌂♠~♠~~
  |⌂⌂⌂~|~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈♠└──○▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈≈
30|○───┘~~~~~~~♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠♠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂≈≈≈≈

I marked Danalof's entrance point. I might change my mind, depending on if someone claims that piece of land (and exactly what race claims it).

I prepared the writeup for my character, but I'm gona wait for people to actually post their races' writeups, especially Akroma since it is relevant to my character.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 11:43:18 am »

OKay, got my race and empire names and backstory up:

Race name: The Nocturin.

Race description:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Empire name: The Imperium of Life.

Empire Description:
Artifacts: Temest Nex: The Codex of infinite wisdom: The only remaining relic of the nameless god. It contains all the knowledge of infinity, but is near impossible to decipher. It's the source of their industrial-era technology level.

The Flame of Forever: A flame that spring up from the location where Shadin left the world. If it were to go out, certain doom would result. It needs no fuel and freezes water, as it is deathly cold. It now rests inside the inner sanctum of the temple of the Dark Light

The Orb of Undeath: Allows the wielder to command the entire undead forces of the Imperium at once. Used by the Dead Commandant.

Relationship with other races:

Tenryuubito: Hated by them, due to their flying in the face of their beliefs, and their relationship with death. The hate is mostly one way, as although they despise their slavery, that is about the only thing intrinsic to their culture that they hate.

Shehalash: Not a lot is known about them, but the church despises them for what attributes the priests can sense about them. The few of them who come this far south generally don't return.

The Sandriders: They have a very good relationship with the people of the sand, due to the similarity of the beliefs and habitats of most people. They have priests in the church, which serve as the mobile arm of the church.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2009, 05:32:40 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 12:00:01 pm »

0    0    1    1    2     2    3
   0    5    0    5    0     5    0
  |~~~~~~~~~S≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠┌─○▲▲⌂⌂.~~.~
25|~~~~~~S~~≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈─┬┘⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂~~~~~
  |~~~~┌─S≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈|⌂⌂▲^▲⌂⌂~~~~~

Added my cities.

Plus: Changes during the godless age: Big rips that drain away magic that is not my own, due to the fact that mine works on belief and will. Periodically unleashes dark beings

God description: An exceptionally thin skeletal being who wears a blue cloak and carries a battleaxe who's origins are lost in time. Do not touch the axe. His history is documented elsewhere. He is a nice fellow, who genuinely cares about his people and his philosophy. He is the last remaining worshiper of the Nameless god, and the only one who remembers his name. His goal is to reverse many of the more horrific changes in his lands, and to bring the world into an age of peace.

Cities: Inipal Jax. The Great diamond: Central city: A great beacon of hope rising up from the desert, build on top on an underground ocean. It's population is uncountable, and it's location on a massive mesa guarantee's it's safety.

Tormius Rex: KingHaven: river city: At the head of the great river Tormus, this city is one of the great trade havens of the world, with one of the planet's largest criminal underbellies.

Dustarin Dren: Dream Fortress: An oasis in this desert where the rarest plants on earth are grown and kept. The place is covered in a perpetual haze of pleasant multicolored mist, whose side effects include a mild sedative, causing a state of mild delirium in those who stay outside too long, giving rise to it's name.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 12:31:38 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2009, 01:03:41 pm »

A hunched figure appears on the western horizon. Moving at a slow but steady pace, and occasionally stopping to examine something-or-other on the ground or in the sky, or simply to stare into nothingness, the person does not seem much more than a common wanderer, just another traveler.

But as true as most of this might be, there is still far more to this entity than merely what the eye can see.

Danalof, the Wandering Sage

A seemingly simple old man, hunched over and with a long, white beard, Danalof travels the world, seeking a place to rest during his old years and forget his tiring responsibilities. He is actually very, very old, none knowing exactly how old, but was already very old when he had first reached this land, back before the Godless Age, which was over a millenia ago. He had first come here from the east, traveling always west, away from the troubles of his life in old lands. He had met the Hitengu here, and lived amongst them for many years, until once again he had gotten tired and bored of his responsibilities towards them, and had moved west again.

But now, the moon has stopped shining, and the world seems to reawake from its godless slumber. And Danalof, seeking answers to these mysteries, has returned from his western travels, to a land that has changed alot from what he remembered.

Followed by his trusty companions, Iuris the small fire elemental, and Satori the divine moon cat, a gift from the Hitengu's godess, Danalof hopes to find the Hitengu again, and return to the Elven city of Echogroth, were he had founded the Crystal Moon Academy of Arcane Arts. But he has sensed that something has gone terribly wrong, through his powers of Divination. Nevertheless, he makes his way towards it, unphased by possible dangers.

Danalof is a powerful mage, having had millenia to study arcane knowledge from all corners of the world. But more than a combat mage, he is a legendary artificer, unparalelled in the creation of magical artifacts. But old age takes its toll on everyone, even powerful wizards, and Danalof is old indeed. His magic has singnificantly slowed his aging process, but his age still means that without his magic, Danalof would most likely barely be able to stand, let alone walk and explore and fight as he has been doing for so long.

Danalof is legendarily proficient in the magics of binding and transmutation, both used in the creation of artifacts. He is a master of illusion, light, and displacement magic, all of which he uses quite regularly in combat and in more pacifistic maneuvers. He is also highly proficient in fire, air, life, and time magic. As for the remaining forms of magic, including water, earth, death, darkness, etc, he is capable of using them, but not overly better than a regular mage of such specializations would.

He is always glad to meet kind races and prefers to bypass more aggressive ones without fighting them when possible. His most pressing goal would be to find out what exactly happened to the Hitengu and his Academy, as his divination, powerful as it might be, does not allow him to know all the answers he wants from great distance. Thus, he would first move east. What would happen when he finds out about the lunarians, and meets his old friend Uchiwakameru, no one can predict...
<@Akroma> eh

mission0

• Bay Watcher
  • He is on a mission!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2009, 02:18:07 pm »

I think I'll do a hero this time around.

|~~~~~~~~~~~~≈≈≈≈≈≈⌠⌠⌂⌂▲▲⌂⌂...~.*

Sign = * (or whatever is not taken)

Menil had been traveling for years, and finally he had come upon the lands of legends. The magic bringing him to this plane of existence had been difficult, in more than one way. He had left his human village behind and a past life. His own mother had thrown him out thinking him a demon. His cloak pulled low to hide his face and staff in hand he trudged on in search of some life, someone who would not look upon his face and cry Demon or Evil Spirit.

The wind blew a gust of sand into his face also throwing back his hood. Instead of the face of a human the face of a dog shown in the light. Other abnormalities could be seen if someone looked. Instead of footprints in the sand pawprints can be seen before the twisting sands buried them again. The hand holding his staff was covered in fur and hand only three fingers.

Menil pulled his hood back over his head and then looked back to a small dog that trudged on behind him. It looked similar to a small beagle and if one looked close enough the collar could be seen flickering with magic. As the avatar noticed Menil looking it jumped forward happily through the sand. He reached down and patted the beagle on the head.

Looking up from the avatar Menil could see the sun setting. On the other horizon however the moon was coming up. It was strange, ever since Menil had entered these realms the moon had turned black. It was unnerving. Light-less nights were numerous and more often than not sleepless. Looking back at the now dropping sun the deserts nightmares could be heard awakening to the new darkness. Menil pulled the cloak back over his head and lit the head of his staff... It looked to be another sleepless night

Menil is not a great magic user nor is he a great sword user, for he is still but a budding adventurer. Either way he could only be called proficient. His transformation into this dog person has left him somewhat hindered in the ways of magic. He still has many trinkets covering his staff that can help him out. These are limited however. He also has a simple short sword hanging under his cloak.

With a bit of guile and some luck I think Menil can survive and possibly thrive.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:57:18 pm by mission0 »
Oh wait, "insane" doesn't work on this forum.
Crap, can't think of an alternative.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2009, 07:44:17 pm »

I'll add a little bit on cities later.

EDIT: And History.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 08:06:14 am by Emperor_Jonathan »

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 03:27:17 am »

I'll have just one mighty hero, with the possibility of a band of warriors later.
My symbol: Q for any cities he captures, q for him and his party

My God:
Ranagonesul, a bastardy god of luck and trickery. He passed out on his bed an hour ago, so he isn't currently aware of the game, or even doing anything at all. He is the sort of person that, if he were an adventurer in a party, would push the bloke in leather armor into the pit full of extremely sharp iron spikes as a joke.

your race hero:
Basalem, a tall, muscular, brown haired, average looking human or human equivalent. Excellent swordsman, good with axes, unbelievably good shot. Absolutely no magic ability but is also completely immune to illusions and direct magic. Has a strange bow and a sword made of a strange material.

your history:
Basalem's origin is unknown to any but himself and Ranagonesul, however there are many legends about him. A mysterious warrior, armed with a sword that can punch through even the best armor with ease. Seemingly able to exploit the tiniest chink and slightest weakness. Fearless. Slayer of many beasts. Untouchable in battle.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 04:12:18 am by Archangel »
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 03:46:22 am »

Completely immune to magic? That's too much. Seriously. That's like me saying 'Danalof is completely immune to any weapon'.

Also, what do you define as 'magic'? What if someone started an avalanche using magic that fell ontop of you. Would you be immune to it, although its not a magical avalanche but was just created by magic
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 03:48:48 am by Poltifar »
<@Akroma> eh

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 04:09:31 am »

Yeah, I'll change the wording. I mean direct attack, and he isn't affected by illusions.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 04:16:47 am »

Yes, that's much more fair. He's be immune to illusion, mind-affecting-magic, and direct attacks (a mage throwing a fireball directly at him, an elemental punching him), but if a mage carries a stone with his magic and drops it on him, or starts a forest fire and he's trapped in it, he's affected as normal.

Also, a magic weapon against him would affect him only as a normal weapon of its kind would.

Remember, though, that also beneficial magic wont affect him. He cant be healed magically, he cant benefit from good buffs (speed-ups, etc...).
<@Akroma> eh

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 06:18:17 am »

being immune or highly resilient against magic is fine, as long as it doesn't end in god modding

for now, all I see is a very short, very bland description, and a statement that magic does not harm him for whatever reason.

I am not all that happy with this.

you better don't rely on those immunities in a pinch
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 06:29:04 am »

a very short, very bland description
At least it isn't a long one, but I'll add more to it later.
My full sig

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 06:48:29 am »

I claim this region. Will write up race in about a day.

Unless you were wanting the place to be empty when you arrived, mission?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 07:57:03 am »

still 3 very large unclaimed territories

in the upper right corner, and between the red and the teal territories

grab em people, the more the better
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10