Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 63059 times)

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: July 24, 2009, 10:28:34 pm »

Well, except for Sir Josh's death, but he will be missed.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #211 on: July 24, 2009, 10:43:48 pm »

thanks cheeetar... I never get the flavour right...
Josh = dopp kill
Janus = cultist kill

I say that we need to find the remaining dopp and remove that everynight kill from the game...
then we will have only 3 scum against the whole town....

We should also know if someone was protected (not the protector but the protectee) so we can see if there's an alien exterminator.

Cant Janus dissapearence be linked to an alien scientist?

yeah, yeah... to bad for josh... he can now play with the medium as he liked...  :D
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 24, 2009, 11:20:58 pm »

Some first thoughts, I'll type more tomorrow.

Janus' disapperance cannot be linked to an alien scientist because he roleflipped. You only roleflip when you are killed, not abducted. I'll ask for a Mod Ruling just to make sure though.

The claw marks does indicate that Janus might have been killed by a Doppelganger (possibly due to mind control), but the fact that we concluded Josh was killed by Doppelgangers indicate that Janus was killed by a Doppelganger too.

If there are 4 Doppelgangers and 4 Cultists at the start of the game, this means that there are now only 2 Doppelgangers left. However, there are still 4 Cultists, which is still a little bit worrisome to me (especially since I don't win if Cultists win). I don't think it's in the Town's best interest to exterminate the Doppelganger Faction yet, since they could still act as a balance against the Cultists.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 24, 2009, 11:23:12 pm »

There's 1 dopp.  3 cultist.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 24, 2009, 11:26:54 pm »

Oh my god, Toony, I just realized that.

The town cannot, must not attack the last Doppelganger. That Doppelganger is against the town, but he is also against the Cult, and if that Doppelganger dies, we loses a Night Kill. I'm going to treat the Doppelganger as a Serial Killer, he's against everyone else, but his main enemy at present is the other Scum Group.

The only way the last Doppelganger can win if he attacks and kills the Cult, and not the Town. If that Doppelganger realizes this fact, prehaps we may begin to see some dead Cultists.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 24, 2009, 11:31:19 pm »

Unforunately, that dopp may choose to go out in a blaze of glory. I'd do that if I were dopp.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 24, 2009, 11:33:22 pm »

Servant corps... you're totally wrong...

the chance that the remaining dopp has of killing a cult player is very small 3/19 = 15 %...

you'd rather get a town player killed 85 % of the time?

It's MUCH better to lynch the final dopp and totally eliminate that kill...

besides... with 2 dopp flips... we may have a lot of info going on about who and how interacted with Org (I have some notes already) and who with Janus.

We have good prospects for finding the last dopp.  So it's stupid to propose to find only cultists... Wich know nothing about yet... If a cultist is revealed... of course, we are lynching him.  But our best interests are getting that final dopp.

Isn't your survivor condition influencing you towards the dopps?  cultists cant win with you...

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 24, 2009, 11:34:40 pm »

Alexhans, that post makes me think that you might be a cultist.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 24, 2009, 11:35:27 pm »

The only way the last Doppelganger can win if he attacks and kills the Cult, and not the Town. If that Doppelganger realizes this fact, prehaps we may begin to see some dead Cultists.

You say that as if the remaining dopp knows who the cultists are. As far as i know, the remaining dopp will have as much trouble finding the cultists as the town will. Town has already made a great start to the game and I expect that we will have this one in the bag if we keep lucking out like we are.

Now we need to analyze how JanusTwoface treated Org, and single out the other person who acted in a similar way.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 24, 2009, 11:44:13 pm »

Alexhans, that post makes me think that you might be a cultist.
This post makes me think you're lame (I had written a more insulting word but decided to keep this friendly) ... Didn't I give REASONS for what I said?

If I was a cultist... listen to this... I'd LOVE for that dopp to survive and help eliminating the town...  It would be THE strategy.

Get it?

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 24, 2009, 11:45:08 pm »

Hmm, It appears that cheeetar defended the dopp Org. This leads me to believe that he is the last dopp. FoS Cheeetar, Though I will not yet vote as he is an experienced player and defending a dopp team mate just before he is lynched is a newby move.

I would also say that SniHjen is suspicious as a dopp for trying to avoid the Org lynch as much as possible, though he did vote for janus just before the night so that lowers my suspicion of him. He may have been bussing though.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: July 24, 2009, 11:53:47 pm »

I'm an experienced player? Also, I defended Org because I thought it was a dopp bandwagon on someone who wasn't there to defend himself.
I've played some mafia.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 24, 2009, 11:55:51 pm »

Only two kills? I suppose the Aliens have been poking around. This might explain why some people are so sure how many cultists and doppelgangers are left.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 24, 2009, 11:57:51 pm »

No, we were told at the start that there were 3 dopps and 3 cultists. 2 of the dopps are now dead.
There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 24, 2009, 11:58:11 pm »

Gotcha.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 47