Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Savescum your way to specific Artifacts  (Read 585 times)

Wraithsight

• Bay Watcher
  • [Magma-powered]
    • View Profile
Savescum your way to specific Artifacts
« on: July 14, 2009, 09:26:40 pm »

So during the early life of my current fortress my weaponsmith gets hit by a mood and runs off. I keep an eye on him to make sure he gets everything he needs, and once he starts I save. Couple minutes later he produces an Aluminum spear. 2 minutes later my entire town loses power (some drunken farm running his tractor into a power pole probably, and yes that has happened before). So anyway next day, power is on again and I get back to my fortress. Load up the save but this time my weaponsmith produces and Aluminum battle axe.

So Iv done some testing with this, and for Fey and Secretive moods at least, (haven't got any others yet) exactly what Artifact is produced is determined upon completion of the of the mood. So by saving before a mood is done, but after actual construction is started, and by force quitting the game, you can change an artifact if you don't like what you got.

No idea if that is common knowledge or not but I felt I should mention it.
Or, wiping out Orc forts. It's harder than it sounds. And it sounds pretty hard.

Lightning4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Savescum your way to specific Artifacts
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:49:02 pm »

Yeah. I was doing some kind of dangerous project back in ye olden version, and savescumming frequently. A mood was occuring at the same time. It too was a weapon mood. I think I finally landed on spear.