Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any reveal.exe kind of utility that works with 40d13?  (Read 1113 times)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
Any reveal.exe kind of utility that works with 40d13?
« on: July 13, 2009, 02:49:20 pm »

I embarked on new map recently, freezing biome, that supposedly has a underground river AND magmapipe, but reveal and 3d dwarf don't work with it :<

Any solutions availiable apart from exploratory mining?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

LOSNR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Any reveal.exe kind of utility that works with 40d13?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 03:29:28 pm »

40d13 and 40d are the same as far as saves are concerned, so you can copy the save over to 40d, use tools in it, and then transfer the save back to 40d13.

Im_Sparks

• Bay Watcher
  • Half man. Half machine. All messiah.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:54:47 pm »

40d13 and 40d are the same as far as saves are concerned, so you can copy the save over to 40d, use tools in it, and then transfer the save back to 40d13.
Pwned.

Use tweak or something similar. I don't personally use revealers, because it reveals everything, and when you unreveal everything, the sand's still there.

STILL. THERE. Have you stared at red fucking sand for more that 10 mins? It hurts.
Well treat me like the disease like the rats and the fleas, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Well treat me like the sea oh so salty and mean, A-ha-ha! A-ha-ha!
Let's shake hands if you want but soon both hands are gone, A-ha-ha!
Cut me down like a tree like the lumber or weeds, well discard who you please like the leaves off a tree. Drag me out of the sea and then teach me to breath. Give me forced health till I wish death on myself. Ah! Ha! Ha!
March on! March on! March on! March on! MARCH ON!

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:26:12 am »

I think reveal2 should work on any recent version, since it searches the process for the offsets when it runs. Its linked on the wiki utilities page.

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2009, 09:30:31 am »

Somethign else:

Build a trade depot and hit D, then view the lower z levels  ;D  Do it before you have any underground designations.

Finding the magma pipe is easy that way... finding the river, however, is another thing.

Of course, you can always do some exploratory mining, maybe on a copied savegame, if you have to.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2009, 12:48:56 am »

Pwned.

Use tweak or something similar. I don't personally use revealers, because it reveals everything, and when you unreveal everything, the sand's still there.

STILL. THERE. Have you stared at red fucking sand for more that 10 mins? It hurts.

Uh... so reveal it, take notes, quit without saving and reload.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2009, 01:14:03 pm »

Pwned.

Uh... so reveal it, take notes, quit without saving and reload.

This is what I do if I'm ever weak enough to reveal.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2009, 03:44:40 pm »

yeah, i avoid embarking in locations with red sand or clay, for that very reason.  also, it confuses with magma or bloodstains.

of course, when theres a brick industry, i may change my tune.

Sevrun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2009, 10:04:11 am »

I have a hard time seeing dwarves resorting to plain ole brick...  but maybe as an export... (ponders)
Demon of Darkness