Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Timekillers  (Read 4417 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Timekillers
« Reply #30 on: July 10, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »

And the game itself is retarded, I just keep seeing people on the side of road chopping down trees and burning them just for tree burning exp.

I mean really? There a EXP for burning trees? REALLY?

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 10, 2009, 07:58:32 pm »

"two more oak logs and i can burn magic logs!!! :D:D:D"

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 10, 2009, 08:05:29 pm »

Maplestory was some good fun for a little bit, at least 'till level 40. A classic example of a very good idea and some bad design decisions.

Flyff is very similar, in the sense that there were some good ideas in there and some designers decided some skills/features/enemies/experience curves were a good idea.

The Cortex Command forums are a good place to find some interesting new mods for the game and see the hilariously amazing things some people have made.

Danm, I'll need to be back here.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 10, 2009, 08:28:05 pm »

No! Its not funny, its madness! These people are insane! Why the hell is there EXP for making camp fires? You need to burn down a whole entire forest just to figure out how to make a fire with oak wood?! What the hell were they high?! Did they run out of meaningful things to grind exp on so they decided that you need to grind on TREES? Trees for gods sake! And for what? so I can burn some different type of wood?

WHY? WHY THE HELL DO I WANT TO BURN DIFFERENT TYPES OF WOOD? ARE THERE WOOD BURNING CONTESTS!? WOOD BURNING GUILDS!?!?! WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? WHO DOES THIS?!

AASFASFDASDGFDAGFAGAFHRASEHJD

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 10, 2009, 08:30:45 pm »

"yaaaay! magic logs! now i only need to pay 5$ a month to get them so i can burn dead wood!!!!"

Ohaeri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 10, 2009, 08:37:09 pm »

No! Its not funny, its madness! These people are insane! Why the hell is there EXP for making camp fires? You need to burn down a whole entire forest just to figure out how to make a fire with oak wood?! What the hell were they high?! Did they run out of meaningful things to grind exp on so they decided that you need to grind on TREES? Trees for gods sake! And for what? so I can burn some different type of wood?

WHY? WHY THE HELL DO I WANT TO BURN DIFFERENT TYPES OF WOOD? ARE THERE WOOD BURNING CONTESTS!? WOOD BURNING GUILDS!?!?! WHAT THE HELL WERE THEY THINKING? WHO DOES THIS?!

Wait what, aahhh it hurts my brain :(

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 10, 2009, 09:10:32 pm »

Becuase they wanted an skill based system instead of conventional leveling. Probably. Probably, again. No, they added construction, summoning, and hunting in later updates when wood burning existed. Woodcutting is also a skill, so you're grinding on logs, not trees. So you can burn different wood. :D Yes.

Because. cos that makes u pro!!! Probably. No. Wood is some damn good burnin'. People who play it.

Trees respawn in about a minute, anyway.
Also, if you cut and burn enough trees, you might be attacked by an ent. :D

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 10, 2009, 10:03:45 pm »

Becuase they wanted an skill based system instead of conventional leveling. Probably. Probably, again. No, they added construction, summoning, and hunting in later updates when wood burning existed. Woodcutting is also a skill, so you're grinding on logs, not trees. So you can burn different wood. :D Yes.

Because. cos that makes u pro!!! Probably. No. Wood is some damn good burnin'. People who play it.

I have no idea what you just said.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 10, 2009, 10:06:58 pm »

I would like to say, I have had immense fun using the site destroyer on VN. I like to imagine Toady does that whenever we push crap too far.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 10, 2009, 10:09:23 pm »

I would like to say, I have had immense fun using the site destroyer on VN. I like to imagine Toady does that whenever we push crap too far.
Links plz?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2009, 10:10:36 pm »

http://www.bored.com/destroysites/index.php

I could have sworn there was a better version out there. Now if you excuse me, I must burn the Yuri topic with fire.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2009, 11:50:21 pm »

I have no idea what you just said.
lol quote pyramid ftw

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 11, 2009, 02:57:45 am »

Armageddon MUD kills more time than any other game in history.
Oh, Facebook.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Darkone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2009, 08:19:11 am »

Runescape... *shiver*. After you stopped paying 5 dollars, you could not walk around on a free server. Ten thousand questions about 'wat type of sword is that?!12'. I WAS USING A GOD DAMN HALBERD.  :'(
"LOL, those nub FBI, they thought you were sharing software so they kicked down your door, only to find you recently wiped your entire hard drive, how wacky! Case dismissed."
[11:58] <Jay16> I couldn't begin proper last time I tried this because I embarked next to a hydra.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2009, 08:53:27 am »

http://www.bored.com/destroysites/index.php

I'm going to destroy this thread for fun. Kthxbye.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4