Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 478113 times)

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #1185 on: August 23, 2009, 10:23:23 am »

Chemical, you forgot your cocoon
Thanks! Didn't think it would still be there, but cool.

Also, if any of you guys still need a corp, you could always join RSM (Real Smooth Moves). Sartain and I are in it, and Im a manager so I can hire you if you wanna join.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: August 23, 2009, 11:03:18 am »

Yeah, this seems like a decent corp, not too new and not too old either. Management is a bit ADHD/ High-strung but thats part of the experience :)

Edit: Okay so I installed a peephole in my door, but can't figure out how to use it

...And I installed a keyed lock in my safe and now I can't figure out how to open it again, even though I got a key for it when I installed it. Le sigh

2nd Edit: Anyone who wants access to my place in Broham Gardens message me, Szander in-game. I just got me a new place. The BG apartment even has a safe to practice your lockpicking on if you're into that
« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 05:12:35 pm by Sartain »

Ancient Thingy

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Neighbourhood Axedwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: August 23, 2009, 05:29:58 pm »

I don't have any experience with keyed locks, Sartain, but if you've installed the peephole then all you need to do is type in 'peep out.' That is, if you installed it on the right side of the door. Always put your peepholes on the outside of your door so you can actually peep out from the right way.

zac4213

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: August 23, 2009, 05:37:02 pm »

Well i've left Nexus because everybody left, and am now in CPU :D.

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #1189 on: August 23, 2009, 11:22:26 pm »

I don't have any experience with keyed locks, Sartain, but if you've installed the peephole then all you need to do is type in 'peep out.' That is, if you installed it on the right side of the door. Always put your peepholes on the outside of your door so you can actually peep out from the right way.
That would be pretty silly if you installed it on the wrong side, so thieves could peep into the apartment to check for residents... ::)

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: August 24, 2009, 12:11:45 am »

Well i've left Nexus because everybody left, and am now in CPU :D.
May fired everyone anyway to start with a clean slate, I for example am back in.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: August 24, 2009, 03:54:40 am »

Sartain, you have to "use key on safe".
Or Unlock safe.
Not sure, since I use VoxGuard Gold's and Super Scanlocks for everything.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: August 24, 2009, 11:16:54 am »

I tried all the logical parser commands, like unlock safe, unlock lock, unlock lock in safe, use key on safe, use key in safe, use key on lock, use key in lock, use key in lock on safe, use key on lock in safe, unlock the god-damned safe and so on, either got an "I don't understand" or a "....jiggles uselessly..." reply.

In any case it doesn't matter now, as I threw away the key. The contents weren't particularily important as I suspected I might screw it up.

If anyone's interested in practicing their locksmith on a complex keyed lock though, just let me know :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 12:05:48 pm by Sartain »

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: August 24, 2009, 01:21:36 pm »

Honestly, that safe is worth more with the lock to practice lockpicking. That skill is a B**** to train up. I spent several hours in jail trying to grind it, a full game day, and didn't get 50 IP.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: August 24, 2009, 01:38:50 pm »

Well, if you haven't, type "grind locksmith" --- do you have 1 raw yet? I noticed training a skill from 0 is very painful, and I usually learn to 1 and do something from there.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: August 24, 2009, 01:53:36 pm »

I had 0 raw, but I think like 13 or so total.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Sartain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: August 24, 2009, 02:09:03 pm »

Well, like I said, if anyone wants access to practice on my safe just let me know.

In other news, for no apparent reason, other than maybe ADHD, ChemicalVengence left the Corp he's advertising for at the top of this page   ::)

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: August 25, 2009, 03:35:57 am »

::)

By the way, If anyone needs a place to stay for a short/long time, I'm accepting tenants in my apartment.
Just @send MrGeoffrey Regarding Apartment
And I'll see what I can do.
My apartment has a shower and a closet :D
And a fishtank.
And good chill :D

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: August 25, 2009, 05:09:03 am »

I'm trying really hard to like HellMOO. I'm having a difficult time.

After an hour of wandering around being killed over and over trying to find my way out of the orphanage, I advanced to spending an hour wandering around town looking for the museum, only to find all my stats gains and fetishes earned up to that point wiped clean. Only then do I get to start an obnoxious "character creation" process which basically amounts to rushing back and forth between the wiki and my MUD client trying to gather up the random items I need for the skills I want before an earthquake kills me and resets character creation. Finally I got bored I used "wake" to get a randomly generated character, only to be placed in yet another new zone that I have to get out of before I can actually play.

I'm reminded of zork as time and time again I type half a dozen variations on what should be a simple command syntax before giving up on what I'm trying to do. I'm reminded of original Ultima Online as people come and kill me, then wait at my skull to kill me again, only to ressurect again and be killed before I have time to get clothes out of the donation bin. I look at the map and wonder why it goes back and forth between black and white and color. I look at the various numbers and text color codigns that are clearly intended to mean something but have no idea what and can't find any reference to it in any of the various in-game and online help resources. I look at dozens of weapons that have no indicator of relative usefullness beyond that some are more expensive than others.

The blood and vomit and dog raping is interesting...but the game itself is so raw that I'm having a difficult time getting into it.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: August 25, 2009, 05:38:36 am »

You really just need to stick with it and get a corp asap.
WHORE take newbies.
And we have 3 managers on.
(Fenrir, Pico and Eaoden)
Also what guides have you looked at?
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 311