Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 311

Author Topic: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.  (Read 476800 times)

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
Re: HellMOO: Go to heaven for the climate, and hell for the company.
« Reply #555 on: July 21, 2009, 04:35:21 am »

Umiman, I talked to the admins about your problem.

They said that you can coem back, and they'll talk to Nec about it.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: July 21, 2009, 04:36:23 am »

Ah, the system probably works.

Emalde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: July 21, 2009, 04:39:29 am »

So... I was grinding my brawn as usual when suddenly Necanthrope, an admin, came in and without warning, killed me. Considering I wasn't AFK and was just as surprised to see him there, it was a bit of a shock for that to happen. Even more distressing is the fact that if he ever catches me grinding again, he'll permaban me, which is ridiculous as every single high level player must do it in order to get anywhere in the game. He told some bullshit lies to others about how he tried to contact me repeatedly, but unless he was paging "uniman" (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did), I didn't see any message. This is especially so since I have seperate chat windows and page windows and thus would have seen any incoming message.

So, to save us both trouble, as there's no point playing the game if I'm forbidden to get better at it, I'll just stop playing now.

This is Necanthrope, he is quick to judge and not so quick to allow anything else in return. Normally we will join you and give you anywhere from 1-5 minutes to respond before eliciting our firey wrath upon your face. Someone will share words with him and you probably wont have to worry about it terribly much.

But seriously why would you grind like that go to the gym or something god damn.

E: apparently you were given 5 minutes and other people even tried to contact you, this leaves you at fault.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 11:57:34 am by Emalde »

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #558 on: July 21, 2009, 04:56:54 am »

So... I was grinding my brawn as usual when suddenly Necanthrope, an admin, came in and without warning, killed me. Considering I wasn't AFK and was just as surprised to see him there, it was a bit of a shock for that to happen. Even more distressing is the fact that if he ever catches me grinding again, he'll permaban me, which is ridiculous as every single high level player must do it in order to get anywhere in the game. He told some bullshit lies to others about how he tried to contact me repeatedly, but unless he was paging "uniman" (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did), I didn't see any message. This is especially so since I have seperate chat windows and page windows and thus would have seen any incoming message.

So, to save us both trouble, as there's no point playing the game if I'm forbidden to get better at it, I'll just stop playing now.

/rageQuits for he second time!
I got nothing

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: July 21, 2009, 05:49:23 am »

The gym only has a set amount of gym ip before it runs out. Brawn is technically "easy" enough to grind without it... since the rest don't really have a specific way of grinding the stats.

I'm not going to go back though. I don't want to regrind all those stupid stats and this admin left a very bitter taste in my mouth.  It was fun while it lasted. Thanks for sticking up for me though. If you can break into my apartment (SP 212), which should be easy, there should be some stuff there left to take.

Athas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: July 21, 2009, 07:25:30 am »

There is indeed a special @ragequit command just for that!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: July 21, 2009, 10:12:46 am »

Sounds like Yanlin at times, though he has gotten better.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Emalde

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 21, 2009, 12:10:53 pm »

I am here to post in the place of Necanthrope:

---------------------Private message from Necanthrope----------------------
"So... I was grinding my brawn as usual ..."

AFK script/trigger grinding is expressly against the rules. Here's the text you see if you type 'help grinding':

"Grinding is permitted and even encouraged, so long as it is done by a human being, not a script."

You were breaking the rules.  This is our usual punishment.

"..when suddenly Necanthrope, an admin, came in and without warning, killed me."

I waited five mintues and constantly asked you what you were doing.  I even contacted some of your corpmates.  This was not without warning.

"Considering I wasn't AFK and was just as surprised to see him there, it was a bit of a shock for that to happen."

Then why didn't you say anything when I tried to talk to you for those five minutes?  Why didn't you contact me afterwards?  You were AFK.

"Even more distressing is the fact that if he ever catches me grinding again, he'll permaban me, which is ridiculous as every single high level player must do it in order to get anywhere in the game."

We have always punished scriptgrinding in this fashion.  You assume all of our players got to where they are because of it, and that may be true, but this is hardly a special case.  If we find people doing repeated, spammy actions in public places, we come in, wait a few minutes for a response, and if there is none, we act.  Sorry if you think you're being 'admin griefed', but it's not our fault that you didn't bother to type 'help grinding' before doing it.

"He told some bullshit lies to others about how he tried to contact me repeatedly, but unless he was paging "uniman" (and I wouldn't be surprised if he did), I didn't see any message. This is especially so since I have seperate chat windows and page windows and thus would have seen any incoming message."

I gave you multiple chances to respond, and even asked your corpmates about you, who weren't very helpful.  WHat you were doing was against the rules, ie unattended scriptgrinding.  turning your triggers on and ignoring what's going on while they fire is UNATTENDED.  Pay closer attention next time.  You actually got off light, we generally ban people who scriptgrind.

"So, to save us both trouble, as there's no point playing the game if I'm forbidden to get better at it, I'll just stop playing now."

If you can't bother to learn the rules, please DO stop playing now; we don't want you as a player.
--------------------------------end message--------------------------------

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: July 21, 2009, 01:18:25 pm »

Yeeeaaaaaaah...

But whatever, I don't care. If that guy wants to lie so he can abuse his power, it's none of my business any more. What can I do anyway? It's an admin's word against mine. If I were an admin, I'd support him regardless of his actions and instill punishment privately so to enforce the idea that admins are above players. It makes sense; you don't want your players thinking that they're better than the admin. Though this admin is apparently hated by everyone I've ever asked... so that's kinda nice and that's good enough retribution for me.

Anyway, guys, please stop drama-ing about me. The matter is quite closed.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: July 21, 2009, 05:58:27 pm »

There is indeed a special @ragequit command just for that!

Wow, that's an awesome command. FUCKING GAME!

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #565 on: July 21, 2009, 09:44:51 pm »

<3 HellMOO
I got nothing

Calvin

• Bay Watcher
  • @
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: July 22, 2009, 03:43:31 am »

Wooo.

I fucked up.
LETS CELEBRATE

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: July 22, 2009, 03:45:26 am »

Eh? You and your sentence fragments.

Athas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: July 22, 2009, 09:04:39 am »

Code: [Select]
You take a careful look at the DOOM CAKE...
a delicious cupcake!
It weighs about 100 grams.  It is a slice of cake.  You're pretty sure it's worth about $5 on the open market.
Eating this would cause you to catch on fire, get a broken leg, contract toxic exposure, grow a third arm, contract nudism,
go bald, gain a nicotine addiction, contract groin pull, become pregnant, get a broken arm, become thirsty, start bleeding,
and contract schizophrenia.

If someone gives you something to eat, be sure to 'appraise' it first!  It is occasionally in fashion to cook drugged food and give it to unsuspecting newbies!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: July 22, 2009, 01:19:55 pm »

Code: [Select]
You take a careful look at the DOOM CAKE...
a delicious cupcake!
It weighs about 100 grams.  It is a slice of cake.  You're pretty sure it's worth about $5 on the open market.
Eating this would cause you to catch on fire, get a broken leg, contract toxic exposure, grow a third arm, contract nudism,
go bald, gain a nicotine addiction, contract groin pull, become pregnant, get a broken arm, become thirsty, start bleeding,
and contract schizophrenia.

If someone gives you something to eat, be sure to 'appraise' it first!  It is occasionally in fashion to cook drugged food and give it to unsuspecting newbies!
How can a cake break your arms and legs? On the plus side, you would still have two arms when your done eating.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 311