Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 176

Author Topic: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!  (Read 92252 times)

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Strife's Fortress of Sensicality. A RP building!
« Reply #765 on: July 09, 2009, 09:34:50 pm »

"You've gotta remember that MOST of them were born wild, and lack the human part of the mind. They only get sentience after becoming a Bladewolf, but those bastards don't care about anything outside their own territories, as I've said before"

"Prime Directive?"
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: July 09, 2009, 09:39:52 pm »

"Sorry. It's a reference to another couple of planes. Basically that you can't mess with people from other worlds. Ever."
Even the avatars expire eventually.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: July 09, 2009, 09:40:32 pm »

"Well, my plan would've been to just move them to the outer planes, and it still would've taken years just to set up. But with no way to gather them.... I don't even know."
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: July 09, 2009, 09:47:00 pm »

"Wouldn't work. The Shifters have thought about it... but it wouldn't be fair. Remember, every child born has a chance of growing up Feral. Is it fair that he be sent to another plane, apart from his parents? Or stay at home, away from his kind? Whatever the solution is, we have to figure it out"

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: July 09, 2009, 09:47:33 pm »

"I thought of the expand to separate planes plan, but they tend not to work all that well. Most creatures have serious problems moving."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: July 09, 2009, 09:55:52 pm »

"Hmmm.... Moving away from that, just a bit; does your home have any major contact point with the planes, and y big public portals or whatnot?"
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: July 09, 2009, 10:02:58 pm »

"It's got a few spots openings will sort of snap and form easier. I didn't want to accidentally bring someone from a prison plane inside of a wall. I'm not going to keep something open all of the time though."

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: July 09, 2009, 10:07:40 pm »

"I was talking to deadly."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: July 09, 2009, 10:25:46 pm »

"You have to understand, we keep to ourselves pretty much. Its hard for a Shifter to move one person, let alone large groups, and a permanent portal is out of the question. Thats just not how it works. Anyway, we're quite happy to keep ourselves to ourselves - we don't know what we might unleash, and hell, we haven't even mapped out our own world. We live on a tiny fraction of the Earth's original landmass. Occasionally you hear some scary stories about other lands, where the ratios aren't as equal as they are here, and one group or another have risen to the top."

"The scariest one was about a small group of people living in a city. It dates from the times of Chaos, so I have no idea how the historians found out about it. EVERY person in the area who changed became a Shadowmancer. The people lived in terror, they had to keep lights on at all times, they were quite literally deathly afraid of their own shadows. Bloody nightmare fuel"

Deadly shudders for a moment

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: July 09, 2009, 10:33:43 pm »

"Eh, I've heard worse. You must understand, I have visited the Lower Planes and worked for the inhabitants."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:28 pm »

"Shifters, and those who work closely with them, are the only ones who really understand the higher concepts of dimensions and planes, just as only Shapers and the Earthborn really understand biology, Waterborn and Airborn the seas and skies and their patterns... Although there is a lot of knowledge, much of it is instinctual and not shared around. In ways outside their race, most people know very little. That's the second goal of the Orders. To collect and store that knowledge, and allow everyone access to it. Still, with so little known about our planet, it is important we find out about that before we go on to explore other planes."

"You must realise too, that I know very little about these planes. I understand the concept but little else. From what I gather these Lower Planes are similar to what we would call a Hell, but they are also somehow different. Also, you must understand something about Shadowmancers - they are the group that terrify me the most. Although their powers can be used for good, in many cases they are used for evil. Shadowmancers can raise dead bodies, possess the minds of others, control shadows, and summon creatures of darkness. To those poor people, without any powers of their own, it was like Hell on Earth."

"Still, the heads of the Shadowmancers realise this, and take account for it. Due to their reputation for doing ill, they are under such strict guidelines they can barely breathe for fear of being banished. Not a nice fate, really."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 10:46:00 pm by deadlycairn »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 09, 2009, 10:50:39 pm »

"Hmm, well shadow powers are less common then other kinds, but not exactly unheard of. In fact, I once had the pleasure of beholding a shadowdancer's play at the Sensate's Hall. It was one of the most spectacular things I've ever seen.

There is a plane of shadow, but noone really knows much about it, since it's damn-near impossible to get to. It's impossible to make a portal to it, natural portals are unheard of, and to top it off, there's probably not much of any worth there."

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 09, 2009, 10:56:29 pm »

"Gah. Shadowmagic is creepy. Fought shadowmonsters a couple of times."

Strife draws a pistol.

"Fifteen here, thankfully, works against the types I've met."

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: July 09, 2009, 11:00:28 pm »

"They are a paradox. I have been accosted by my own shadow, had the shadows of the dead I've slain rise and attack me, had the dead themselves rise and attack me, seen an abomination of darkness slaughter a group of innocents, and yet, I have also seen a Shadowmancer summon something of pure light, something so pure nothing evil could look upon it. It's a shame most of them are evil or insane."

"In fact a lot of our world is like that, all the races have the potential for cruelty or kindness. Our world is one of mutually assured destruction. There is little crime, because everybody, except maybe the children, can kill you in their own horrible way if they need to."
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 11:02:30 pm by deadlycairn »

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 09, 2009, 11:06:02 pm »

"What do you mean no evil could look upon it?"

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 176