Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Ministry of Love  (Read 2661 times)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
Re: Ministry of Love
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 09:40:18 pm »

maybe the god of liberalism posessed them to approve lib. laws? As I know right now it's semi-luck based.
Hello Hunam

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 09:47:44 pm »

When all the laws are C+, they can't submit bills to make them... more C+. So bills to shift them to just C are submitted.
But congress seems to be passing most of them.  And I still have a few C and even neutral laws.

Check the composition of the Congress or the Senate. I highly doubt most of Congress is composed of C+ people.

Congresspeople will vote for laws that will move the US closer to their political position. So, C, M, L, and L+ people are pretty supportive of moving laws from C+ to just C. Only the C+ Congressmen would be against changing C+ Laws...if they are not in the majority...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2009, 09:27:03 am »

When all the laws are C+, they can't submit bills to make them... more C+. So bills to shift them to just C are submitted.
But congress seems to be passing most of them.  And I still have a few C and even neutral laws.

Check the composition of the Congress or the Senate. I highly doubt most of Congress is composed of C+ people.

Congresspeople will vote for laws that will move the US closer to their political position. So, C, M, L, and L+ people are pretty supportive of moving laws from C+ to just C. Only the C+ Congressmen would be against changing C+ Laws...if they are not in the majority...
Yes, that makes sense.  The president is now going insane with his damn veto hammer.  5 liberalising laws were passed by voting though (Nuclear power - from shutting down the power station repeatedly.  Corporate stuff - from publishing secret corporate files a few times.  Animal and genetic testing stuff for breaking into the respective laboratories, and some other random one from C+ to C).

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 01:02:43 pm »

conservitive presidents always ***VETO***. I was jsut tring to sa- ***VETO***. A- ***VETO***(how it's like dealing with a conservitive prez ***VETO***)
Hello Hunam

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 02:57:59 pm »

He's just desperate, due to his 20% approval rating (down from 60%).

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 11:25:46 pm »

i've never survived long enough for prez's to change :'(
Hello Hunam

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2009, 01:08:26 am »

:D
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 08:52:36 am »

Don't worry. It only gets worse. I always get jailed and get out 13 years later to an arch-conservative world, where sleeper judges and lawyer don't matter because you always--ALWAYS--get executed by the police. Everyone is conservative anyway, except for the Hippies and Liberal Judges. And you only seldomly come across them. Then try and write to newspapers. Bahahaha! Now you're disturbing the peace. I try to recruit people and there's nothing I can do because I start out with one person (Who isn't my founder.) Want to gain juice? Screw that. Your location will get raided and everyone will kill you.

Man does it suck.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 06:51:41 pm »

Couldn't you, you know, just use sleeper judges and lawyers to Promote Liberalism and slowly change the Death Penalty laws?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2009, 08:56:49 am »

Couldn't you, you know, just use sleeper judges and lawyers to Promote Liberalism and slowly change the Death Penalty laws?
I don't worry about the death penalty. I worry about the Police Death Squads.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2009, 10:33:21 pm »

The best thing to do is use your remaining Liberal to recruit one person through very safe juice building (aka spraypaint the Hippie Commune, Veggie Juice Bar, and a little at other sites), then build the new recruit into a liberal machine, living at a different building.

Spraypaint the Court House repeatedly, that'll help the Death Squad issue.

If you have no sleepers, disband till the Death Penalty laws revert to something more managable.

With sleepers, the game just gets buggy if you disband.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2009, 10:39:30 pm »

if oyu get caught early on you either already lost or have a significant downgrade to your abilities.
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 [2]