Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Faith  (Read 1301 times)

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Faith
« on: June 22, 2009, 08:29:47 pm »

byond://74.215.28.250:10200 - Faith Official Server
(client download) (help)

Faith is a roleplaying game made on BYOND, also known as Build Your Own Net Dream, a tool for creating multiplayer online games.
In Faith, you either play as a villager, who serves their God by building and defending a city, hunting animals, converting people to their faith, and so on.
Gods must watch over their villagers, defend them, and lay foundations for a great city. Or not. It's your choice. You are a God, after all.
When villagers die, they wait a bit and then are teleported to a random place on the map as an athiest.

Gameplay is divided into three modes:
  • No Gods- Players are randomly teleported to the map, and given full access to all foundations in the game (that are even usable). They may place them at their leisure. It is basically roleplaying mode. As with all modes, there is no clear end and no clear goal.
  • One God- A God is chosen and villagers are all assigned to it, then they are teleported to the town center, basically the starting point and center of the town. Villagers then roleplay and build up the city. Main enemies are wolves.
  • Two Gods- Two Gods are randomly chosen and villagers are split evenly. They are teleported to opposite sides of the map and to two different town centers. They have to survive the elements, fight off the wildlife, and build up defenses for the other side. The two Gods' followers fight each other for dominance.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:13:35 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
Re: Faith
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 08:31:11 pm »

I thought all other games on BYOND besides SS13 were shit?

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »

Sounds like it has potential to be really fun but I'm sceptical. Most Beyond games are great ideas bogged down by horrid controls and interfaces.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2009, 10:33:25 pm »

I played an earlier version of it, and it was interesting. I'm sure the newer version of it would be even better.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2009, 12:13:21 am »

This is made by Squeegy, so I expect it to be somewhat better than usual.
Let's try it?

Edit: Squeegy, change the URL in faith official server to byond://74.215.28.250:10200
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 12:17:32 am by IndonesiaWarMinister »

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2009, 07:14:40 am »

Sounds like it has potential to be really fun but I'm sceptical. Most Beyond games are great ideas bogged down by horrid controls and interfaces.

Well, I don't really know how great the controls are, but the interface is pretty much nonexistant. You have a couple verb panels and a stat panel.
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2009, 01:48:23 pm »

I thought this one was a RTS.  Maybe I'm thinking something else.

Wait yes I am, that was Omnipotent
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2009, 06:11:33 pm »

On the contrary, they all are including SS13.

They are with however no alternative.