Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The philosopher  (Read 1460 times)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
Re: The philosopher
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2009, 11:18:14 pm »

The philosopher?

He showed up and just started walking around the place ... hanged out alot near the farms so I dug him a little hovel there. He's not complaining ... he befriended almost every child on a very fertile map.

I guess he's tutoring them, right? That has to be the reason...
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Lummox JR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BYOND
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2009, 01:16:41 am »

I like my fort's philosopher. She never makes demands, she helps with tasks, and once when my mayor/broker was flaking out she stepped in as a temporary trader. I'd rather keep her and ditch the idiot tax collector who keeps asking for fine pewter items, whether I have fine pewter or not. (The tax collector also demanded an "item" in his bedroom without mentioning what kind. I know this is a DF bug but I'm still blaming him. A fine pewter chair did not solve the problem.)

Aspgren

• Bay Watcher
  • Every fortress needs a spike pit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 01:24:53 am »

I like my fort's philosopher. She never makes demands, she helps with tasks, and once when my mayor/broker was flaking out she stepped in as a temporary trader. I'd rather keep her and ditch the idiot tax collector who keeps asking for fine pewter items, whether I have fine pewter or not. (The tax collector also demanded an "item" in his bedroom without mentioning what kind. I know this is a DF bug but I'm still blaming him. A fine pewter chair did not solve the problem.)

Of course he didn't want a fine pewter chair!

He wanted a repeater connected to an upright spear trap made out of fine pewter. Duh!
The crossbow squad, 'The Bolts of Fleeing' wouldn't even show up.
I have an art blog now.

Shoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 01:50:11 am »

Moats are filled with water for a pathing thing most of us are not likely to get much use out of...
Please get involved with my making worlds thread.

warlordzephyr

• Bay Watcher
  • Keeping dwarves in booze since 2008 (40d)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2009, 08:00:55 am »

I've never had a philosipher but i imagine that the tantrums start cos the guy tells themm the meaning of life
I just made all my dorfs proficient Biters, liars, and went from there.
"Did you eat Urist?"
"Pshht, of course not!"shifty eyes
Pages: 1 [2]