Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Trying to remember specific game...  (Read 2423 times)

bobmi74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Trying to remember specific game...
« on: June 21, 2009, 03:10:30 pm »

I don't remember the name of the game, but I think it was on one of the older "500 games!!" packs around '98.  In it, you started at your home solar system.  Your system created resources, and then you went off to take over other systems/stars.  There wasn't much in the way of interface or options.  Basically it was just a bunch of white points on a black field.  I remember it being fun, though.  Any ideas??

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Trying to remember specific game...
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 03:29:02 pm »

Every single space strategy game?

You gave a bit too less information.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 03:47:37 pm »

I think it was "Stars!". It fits the description, and was around since 1995.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

bobmi74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 04:02:33 pm »

Ya, i've being quite vague.  Sorry.  No, it's not Stars!.  I finally found a code for that one and am having an interesting time with the tutorial so far.  The game I'm thinking of is WAY less complex.  Oh well... maybe my mom still has that disc somewhere.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2009, 04:15:03 pm »

Only game I can think of is Starmonger, but it was made fairly recently...
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Captain Hat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2009, 06:03:18 pm »

Was it Second Conflict?
EDIT: Image removed because of ads  :P
« Last Edit: June 21, 2009, 07:19:41 pm by Captain Hat »

Singularity

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2009, 07:13:56 pm »

I don't remember the name of the game, but I think it was on one of the older "500 games!!" packs around '98.  In it, you started at your home solar system.  Your system created resources, and then you went off to take over other systems/stars.  There wasn't much in the way of interface or options.  Basically it was just a bunch of white points on a black field.  I remember it being fun, though.  Any ideas??

Wild guess here... Warpath?  I don't load that one up hardly at all, but it seems to fit the description. Check www.syntheticreality.com.

bobmi74

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2009, 09:00:55 pm »

No, it wasn't any of those.  I think it was just some cheesy game they threw on one of those "1500 games!" compilation discs.  It had pretty much nothing in the way of graphics.  Second Conflict looks interesting, but I can't find anywhere to download it :o(

sausage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 09:29:22 pm »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4X

check it out, has a LARGE amount of games that might be wht your talking about, if not google 4x games
Of course, why else would dwarves risk life and limb to retrive one sock during a full scale siege onslaught.
The depressing thing is that they quite often lose life and limb(s) in the process.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 07:23:31 am »

Sounds like Gravity Well, although I can't find the original version on Google.
It had vector graphics( like geometry wars but older) and all planets moved in orbit around their suns.
You had to carefully land on them to claim the planet, after which freighters from your home planet came and delivered resources to build the colony.
It was often found on compilation CDs, mosty as shareware.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2009, 10:23:47 am »

Maybe stellar conquest 2649? Though it's a bit more graphical then what you describe.

http://www.abandonware.nl/game/Stellar+Conquest+2469/

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2009, 11:48:46 am »

Millenium. Star bases, right? I remember one where it was based on the moon, but, I never found it. Man, that game brings back warm feelings. :)
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

wallish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2009, 05:06:56 pm »

Wild guess here... Warpath?  I don't load that one up hardly at all, but it seems to fit the description. Check www.syntheticreality.com.

I was literally JUST ABOUT to post a topic here asking about an old space game that I played but couldn't remember.  I've been trying to find this game every once in a while for a long time.

I came here to post the topic but saw this one first.

I think it might be Warpath.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 05:14:53 pm by wallish »

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2009, 05:24:08 pm »

Broken link?
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2009, 06:55:41 pm »

Id like to add another game to the mix that I have yet to find

It is a game in a VERY early version of 3d (Very crude) you end up in this haunted village populated by Werewolves, Demons, Living objects, and Pan.

You have two hands which you can hold things on and even use large rats as weapons. (Weapons are better)

In fact you can get lucky and find a suit of armor, unfortunately if you trip with it on. A Dwarf with a giant hammer will smash you until you die! (Not a joke this really happens...)

When you die you end up in a room with demons who then kill you. I am unaware if there is a way to avoid this.

I believe the goal is to leave the huanted village with magic but I never got that far since this game is TOUGH!
Pages: [1] 2