Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Madman Walking: Apparently Postponed  (Read 10233 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
Re: Madman Walking: A CP spinoff
« Reply #60 on: July 05, 2009, 08:04:43 pm »

Looks good so far.

Head to your room.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 05, 2009, 08:29:18 pm »

Cautiously. There's probably a pressure plate just inside that will cause a giant axe blade to swing at your head.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 05, 2009, 08:49:38 pm »

Going to write the next one in an hour or so, and it shouldn't be as long, and therefore less wall-o-textish.   
I fully endorse the idea of mountain goats that hunt man.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 05, 2009, 10:15:25 pm »

Looks good so far.

Head to your room.
Cautiously. There's probably a pressure plate just inside that will cause a giant axe blade to swing at your head.
Bran carefully sets down his suitcase, examining the door a bit more, seeing nothing that would hint at what is on the other side.  He carefully puts the keys into the lock, turning them gingerly, then pushes open the door, letting it swing fully open.  From the landlord's comments, he would have expected something a bit more...  Chaotic.  The only thing that seemed to be particularly out of place was that the room was well-kept.  The bed looked slightly better then one might expect it such a place, and the excuse for a kitchen even had a microwave.  He grabs his suitcase, steps over the threshold, and slowly closes the door behind him.  The apartment seems deathly silent, and examining the door more closely, it seems to have had thick cloth stapled to it, perhaps in an attempt to dampen sound.  Not sure what to make of it, Bran glances around and notes that the small refrigerator looks considerably newer then the rest of the things about.

Spoiler: Bran Greene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)

*Out of place.  I will put that next to items that seem to have something unusual about them.
EDIT: I failz at name. 
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 10:35:27 pm by Golgath »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 05, 2009, 10:17:33 pm »

Check to see if the fridge is plugged in.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 05, 2009, 10:24:20 pm »

Look in the fridge.
Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 05, 2009, 10:37:16 pm »

Any recommendations on how I should update this, as far as frequency?  Right now, it seems like it should be pretty straightforward since there seems to be a common focus of action, but it might still be best to wait for a few more people.  Opinion?

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 05, 2009, 10:41:46 pm »

Fast, fast! Only the opinions of the quick shall be heard! The slow shall wither and die and so you must update frequently!

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 05, 2009, 10:48:15 pm »

Fast, fast! Only the opinions of the quick shall be heard! The slow shall wither and die and so you must update frequently!
Speaking of which what *is* your opinion?  On what the character should do, of course.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 05, 2009, 11:07:19 pm »

I'd say that you should go with the update as quickly as convieneint once there are two posters.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 05, 2009, 11:11:05 pm »

I'd say that you should go with the update as quickly as convieneint once there are two posters.
That'll work as long as the following isn't very large.  We'll see how it develops as it progresses. 

Golgath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 05, 2009, 11:31:25 pm »

Check to see if the fridge is plugged in.
Look in the fridge.
Setting down his suitcase, Bran walks up to the fridge, looking behind it, making sure it was actually plugged in.  It seemed to be so, and he opened it up to take a look inside.  It seemed pretty normal, with a freezer drawer at the bottom and two different shelves.  It contained ketchup, a half-empty container of ham coldcuts (classy!) and, for some reason, a loaf of bread.  Looking down to the little freezer drawer, he opened it up slowly and notices that it seems to be harder then it should be.  The culprit proves to be a thick-looking metal canister that takes up most of the freezer, which looked like a thermos one might put something sensitive in.  Bran quickly jerks the freezer shut, but the canister doesn't make a noise like it was knocked around much.  Stepping back and closing the fridge, Bran takes a deep breath and looks around the rest of the room, managing to keep his cool for the most part.  He didn't know what the hell that thing was, but it was likely something nasty if the guy who used to live here was some sort of weirdo.  Staring at the outside of the fridge, Bran begins to see small imperfections in the plastic of the handle, but managed to look away before it started to bother him.

Spoiler: Bran Greene (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Shabby Apartment (click to show/hide)

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 06, 2009, 12:22:11 am »

OPEN THE CONTAINER

Wimdit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 06, 2009, 02:10:02 am »

OPEN IT NOW

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 06, 2009, 02:16:16 am »

See if there's a label on it first?