Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: mafia-RPG hybrid [Day -CANCELED DUE TO LACK OF INTREST-]  (Read 6173 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [Going to start in an hour or less]
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2009, 03:25:23 pm »

Well, that should have been long enough, if there was any intrest in new players.
PM me prefered roles ASAP, as some variety will be needed, and I will have to write a backstory.
This is the last chance for signups for the first few days(in-game time).

If I had the time, skills, and experience, I would have written this as a computer game, but knowing nothing about successful networking, it must be a forum game(also, it's great for finalizing gameplay mechanics).
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [need inaluct]
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2009, 06:19:41 pm »

Well, I forgot for a short while, then found most players were offline, but this will start as soon as I get the last PM.
Anyone interested: you have until then to join.
Might have an easily explained(through story) career imbalance though.

Insta-edit:
Not saying you guys have to change anything, it just means you will get more variety with the first immigrants, if you survive the first few turns.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [need inaluct]
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2009, 08:04:52 am »

Well,
toad edit:  true enough, given history of saying "faggot" all the time, 2 week mute
I guess inaluct won't be available for a while, so I'll go on without him.

As playing with 3 people is no fun, I will add a semi-NPC replacement unless someone joins right away.

I will start writing the story in an hour or so, if I remember to.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [inaluct won't be joining us for a while]
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2009, 08:26:05 pm »

Well, sorry about the massive post combo, but with little intrest it sort of happens.

But not for long.

Tomorrow I will start the game, for now, here is the setting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Long, long ago, in a game setting far, far away from reality(so how does it being long ago even matter??), there was an apprentice sorceror. This is not his story, though his may come some day, but he is the cause of our story. After decades of training he had become a mighty sorceror, bending reality to his will. Though he was far from being the most powerful, he was quite strong in his ways nonetheless. Hungry for control, he set out to dominate the countryside. Concocting a devious substance, he unleashed it on the countryside. It would infect any individual it entered, through wounds and similar weak points, and bend the weak-minded(in this case, even the strong-minded were unsafe, without years of training to resist such evil spells) to his will. He was safe of course, as such training was an essential portion of his education, but the animals were not. Then, as expected, it spread to the people, where the most cunning component of this new evil was revealed: It would not destroy the higher functions of the brain, only direct it's underlying goals, leaving what cunning the victim had untouched. In this manner, the first to be affected did not know it for a while, in most cases a day, and by then they were rarely able to speak out about it, as this was the will of their master. But besides that, they were nearly unchanged, and could spread without detection at first. Of course, it's greatest strength was also the start of it's downfall, as it was mere weeks before a clever individual figured out the truth and fled to spread the word. In time, they too were infected, but by then the threat was known.

Now, we begin in a village that had survived and driven off an assault by this threat, or so they hoped, though in the process the few who lived there became fewer. Only four hardy souls remain, Archangel, NUKE9.13, Kashyyk, all farmers, and the hunter, Qwertyuiopas {if you have any desired name, I will retcon it in, along with my own, otherwise we will leave "realistic" names abstracted out. I included myself as a 50/50 chance of no opponent, and not knowing it, wouldn't help the game much}. Together or apart, they must survive if they can, and hopefully end the threat, though should they falter, others will rise in their stead elsewhere, in fact, others are almost undoubtably attempting a heroic end to the threat as well already. Their stories may come later, for now we shall see the story of {villagenamehere}.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If there is intrest, I will allow one newcomer for day two as a lone survivor. If not, a beast will come in their stead and terrorize the players. Basically, there is a 1/3 chance of nobody being infected, if so, there will be a 1/2 chance that the newcomer/attacker is infected instead(total chance: 1/6 per person, 1/6 for day 2 visitor, 1/6 chance of no infected until day 3).

This uncertainty is the core diffrence between the mafia base of this game, and any other mafia game.
Eh?
Eh!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [Backstory up, game starts tomorow]
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2009, 03:27:27 pm »

Okay, so I'd just suggest thatwe no lynch, what about you guys?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2009, 03:32:47 pm »

We haven't started yet.
Also.
Seriously.
All farmers.
Dude.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2009, 03:37:57 pm »

At least we will never run out of food...

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2009, 08:27:27 pm »

I have started a .txt, with the outcome of the d6 for if/who will be the initial enemy.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: mafia-RPG hybrid [Day 1]
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2009, 12:11:43 pm »

It is now officially Day 1.
Tonight any infected learn their identities.
If there are any.

PM any nonstandard actions for your character.
Eh?
Eh!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2009, 12:41:05 pm »

Okay, so is farming a standard or non-standard action?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2009, 12:49:23 pm »

We don't have to farm yet. But I guess that he means PM him your Time-consuming action.
Long Live United Forenia!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2009, 02:45:09 pm »

WEll, we might as well stock up.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 26, 2009, 05:28:38 pm »

Your career(Or at least visible career) is assumed standard, It is also assumed that you WILL find a place to farm, though at a great cost of effort in bad weather.

This IS an established village.
Eh?
Eh!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 27, 2009, 09:02:58 am »

Oh good, so since nobody knows if they have been infected until tonight nobody is going to have a scumtell. So we might aswell just fast forward to night time.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 27, 2009, 11:44:13 am »

Yeah.

NIGHT 1

Information goes out soon.
Eh?
Eh!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4