Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Game Over  (Read 65574 times)

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 6 - Day 2 starts with a BBQ
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2009, 10:56:39 pm »

So, that looks like an exterminator kill and a dopp kill. The interesting thing, though, is what, if anything, the power roles found out last night. I say this, of course, since I'm horrible at scumhunting.

I'd guess that Kashyyk was a random kill. I'm not entirely sure, though, since I can't think of a reason why an operative would have objected to a random non-alien lynch (he defended Twiggie, but not much else). He certainly didn't seem suspicious to me, other than not posting much or explaining his thinking.

Twiggie was protecting someone, though. It would be interesting to find out who.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2009, 11:04:50 pm »

So, that looks like an exterminator kill and a dopp kill. The interesting thing, though, is what, if anything, the power roles found out last night. I say this, of course, since I'm horrible at scumhunting.

I'd guess that Kashyyk was a random kill. I'm not entirely sure, though, since I can't think of a reason why an operative would have objected to a random non-alien lynch (he defended Twiggie, but not much else). He certainly didn't seem suspicious to me, other than not posting much or explaining his thinking.

Twiggie was protecting someone, though. It would be interesting to find out who.
The only way to find out is through a Medium. If we're willing to risk trading Medium for a Dopp, if he exists, we could have Medium PM who was guarded to a random person to post the results, and if the legit medium dies that night, the reposter is probably Dopp/Exterminator.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2009, 11:14:50 pm »

The only way to find out is through a Medium. If we're willing to risk trading Medium for a Dopp, if he exists, we could have Medium PM who was guarded to a random person to post the results, and if the legit medium dies that night, the reposter is probably Dopp/Exterminator.

That's not worth it at all. If I were an anti-town role and I got it, I'd just not bother to repost it (or not target the medium to avoid suspicion). I was hoping that the person who had been protected (since they had already been targeted) would be willing to come forward, but that seems rather unlikely as well.

However, if I were Twiggie, I likely would have protected one of the people likely to be targeted, such as Webadict, Inaluct, or ChaoticJosh. That they were targeted likely means that they were pro-town (though my suspicions of them being exterminator-killed don't rule out being a dopp). That he died protecting them also means that he wasn't considered important enough for any of the killing roles to go after last night, which is interesting given the lack of prominent deaths going on.
Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2009, 11:21:57 pm »

That's not worth it at all. If I were an anti-town role and I got it, I'd just not bother to repost it (or not target the medium to avoid suspicion). I was hoping that the person who had been protected (since they had already been targeted) would be willing to come forward, but that seems rather unlikely as well.

However, if I were Twiggie, I likely would have protected one of the people likely to be targeted, such as Webadict, Inaluct, or ChaoticJosh. That they were targeted likely means that they were pro-town (though my suspicions of them being exterminator-killed don't rule out being a dopp). That he died protecting them also means that he wasn't considered important enough for any of the killing roles to go after last night, which is interesting given the lack of prominent deaths going on.

If the person doesn't post the PM, the medium would PM another person and draw heavy suspicion to the non-poster, especially if said non-poster made other posts.

Medium can't be a dopp, right?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 18, 2009, 11:41:32 pm »

If the person doesn't post the PM, the medium would PM another person and draw heavy suspicion to the non-poster, especially if said non-poster made other posts.

This also leaves the risk of a fake Medium claim, but with Lynch All Liars policy in effect anyway, that would have the same end result.

Medium can't be Dopp - look at first post.

The medium would probably be best only contacting one person.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2009, 12:07:54 am »

Except that the Bodyguard isn't told who they guarded against, though, do they?

Medium cannot.

So we know that there's an Exterminator alien atleast. I'd guess Webadict, since he pushed the vote to get someone lynched yesterday, when I only wanted it tied.

Sorry I didn't unvote you Toebighter, but if there was an enchanter among the three that voted for me, then that would've spelt my doom.

I'm voting AFD, cause hopping onto the Alexhans train to get me lynch seemed like the most convenient thing for him, and if he were a dopp, fueling Alex's fervor would draw no suspicion to himself while also forwarding his own agenda.
Me? Exterminator? AGAIN? I don't wish to be (nor am I) that role. And I didn't push the vote on anyone. I made sure there was a lynch, which is a little different from pushing. I mean, there's only so much we can learn from ties.

Now, back to the list:
Player List:
  • Archangel
  • inaluct
  • TheToeBighter98, Aggressive War Vet
  • Org
  • Mr.Person
  • R1ck
  • Frelock
  • Pandarsenic
  • chaoticjosh
  • NUKE9.13
  • Twiggie, Bodyguard
  • Cheeetar
  • Flintus10
  • Alexhans
  • webadict
  • Rysith
  • A_Fey_Dwarf
  • Kashyyk, Alien Operative

This is a realy crappy vote list, documenting everyone's vote and their vote number:
Player List:
  • Archangel
  • inaluct - webadict(3, OMGUS), abstain, Twiggie(3, OMGUS), abstain
  • TheToeBighter98 - NUKE9.13(OMGUS), Frelock(2)
  • Org - Twiggie(5)
  • Mr.Person - Kashyyk, Twiggie(4), abstain
  • R1ck
  • Frelock
  • Pandarsenic - chaoticjosh, webadict(?, 2), Twiggie(6)
  • chaoticjosh - Twiggie(2), abstain, NUKE9.13(2), TheToeBighter98(4 -> 3)
  • NUKE9.13 - webadict, The ToeBighter98, Twiggie, abstain
  • Twiggie - Org, inaluct(2), chaoticjosh(3)
  • Cheeetar
  • Flintus10 - TheToeBighter98(2)
  • Alexhans - Mr.Person, chaoticjosh
  • webadict - inaluct, Alexhans, Frelock, TheToeBighted98(5 -> 4)
  • Rysith
  • A_Fey_Dwarf - R1ck, Mr.Person, chaoticjosh(2)
  • Kashyyk - ThetoeBighter98(3 -> 2)
Based on this: Archangel, R1ck, Frelock, and Rysith did not randomly vote yesterday. As well, I'm also suspicious of inaluct, on account of the double OMGUS-Third votes, and then the abstain at the end.

Frelock, who do you think is scum?
Archangel, who do you think is town?

Going to bed. This post took forever...

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 19, 2009, 12:14:48 am »

Well, I think that we can probably rule out chaoticjosh as the one that Twiggie defended, since Twiggie did vote for him yesterday.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 19, 2009, 12:55:37 am »

So we know that there's an Exterminator alien atleast. I'd guess Webadict, since he pushed the vote to get someone lynched yesterday, when I only wanted it tied.

Sorry I didn't unvote you Toebighter, but if there was an enchanter among the three that voted for me, then that would've spelt my doom.
Scummy excuse.

I'm voting AFD, cause hopping onto the Alexhans train to get me lynch seemed like the most convenient thing for him, and if he were a dopp, fueling Alex's fervor would draw no suspicion to himself while also forwarding his own agenda.
A delayed OMGUS vote? Poorly played Josh, very suspicious. I'm going to carry on my vote from yesterday and vote for you again today. Vote Chaoticjosh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 19, 2009, 01:01:18 am »

They know whom they protected, though.

And Webby, being Exterminator last round makes it no less probable that you are this round. Gambler's Fallacy and such. (The edit was this to avoid double-posting, though I suppose I'll just double-post in the future?)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:03:47 am by Pandarsenic »
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 19, 2009, 01:03:42 am »

Webadict, on your list it says I did not vote anyone, (Which is true), and then you forget to put me in your list of people who did not randomly vote. I feel left out.
Also, I'm suspicious as to how whoever Twiggie died against didn't die. Does this mean that there is a Dopp surgeon, or someone with a shield? It's possible Kashyyk attacked someone, broke his shield on Twiggie and then was attacked by a dopp.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 01:06:06 am by Cheeetar »
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 19, 2009, 01:06:50 am »

As well, I'm also suspicious of inaluct, on account of the double OMGUS-Third votes, and then the abstain at the end.

Thinkin' the same thing.

Also, FoS Chaoticjosh for his behavior.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 19, 2009, 01:15:54 am »

Just so you know this clearly, I am haunting those who murdered me. That is all.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #207 on: June 19, 2009, 09:15:14 am »

Pandar:  cool.  I'm glad you don't just vote Nuke because of your earlier statements.  Take your time to analize the game.

I'm satisfied by the explanation.  Don't need to check your history.

Well:  Nonposters should know by now that they SERIOUSLY need to contribute to the game or we will be in trouble.

with 15 people left.  5 dopps and one Exterminator we have 6/15 evil roles wich is a 40 %.  Assuming some mislynches we have little time to play around. 

People who havent voted yesterday for at least 2 times...  Who are you suspicious of?  WHY?
(Saying you're not suspicious of anybody yet it's not an option and I will push your lynch you if you say so)

Shower eh?  Do you need to remove dry blood from body? :P
Quote from: Rysith
I'd guess that Kashyyk was a random kill. I'm not entirely sure, though, since I can't think of a reason why an operative would have objected to a random non-alien lynch (he defended Twiggie, but not much else).
Excuse me, I don't quite follow what you're saying here.  Can you rephrase please?

How do we know who was protected?  Flavour?

Pandar:  Trading a medium for just ONE dopp is a BAD idea.  It would be better to wait until we have more deaths and more info from the graveyard.
So... how you KNOW that a killing role targetted web, Josh or inaluct? and twiggie protected them? Why do you think someone didn't target twiggie himself? (I have a theory but I want your answer)

So Josh, web and inaluct are not dopps in your opinion?
Quote from: Nuke
I remember everyone that the first post has a list of roles and information about them.
Quote from: web
Good point.

Pandar was about to trade a medium for useless info about a bodyguards target.

Archangel NEEDS to stop lurking as he always does... there's no way of reading him like that.  R1ck... don't remember much from him.
Frelock... Stop being passive Frelock!  I prefer agressive Frelock like in IRC once... I don't care if you think you mess up.  We NEED you to post SOMETHING.  Cheeetar... Another dangerous lurker.  But I know he can be active and he many times choses not to (Like on M&M mafia as a Lovecraftian Horror)...

IGMEOY Cheetar (I've got my eye on you)

Rysith.  I'm happy you're posting what you think.  Keep going.  Try to scumhunt even though you're not self-confident.  If you never start you will never learn from mistakes.

Org and Flintus are 2 characters that I have to look into again.  I want to see what were their reasons and playstyle.  I think they didn't post much content.

web... why did you leave Cheeetar out of you no-RVS players?
Quote from: R1ck
Well, I think that we can probably rule out chaoticjosh as the one that Twiggie defended, since Twiggie did vote for him yesterday.
true.  Anything else?

A_Fey_Dwarf: As you might recall from yesterday.  I agree with you... but have you any comments about the night events? about anything at all? 
Quote from: Pandar
So?  You'd trade a medium for that info?
And Webby, being Exterminator last round makes it no less probable that you are this round. Gambler's Fallacy and such. (The edit was this to avoid double-posting, though I suppose I'll just double-post in the future?)
Hey!  Remember Karlito... the FOREVER child.
Quote from: Cheeetar
Also, I'm suspicious as to how whoever Twiggie died against didn't die.
Paranormal bodyguard just dies instead of the target... he DOESNT kill the attacker.

OH... about inaluct's OMGUSes... meh... I'm not sure... I sure know that he is a grudgy, irrational player who can make the following newb thought process:
"Hey, that guy is voting for me... he must be scum cuz I'm town!  Vote That guy"

Anyway... I wanna hear from him too.
Specifically why?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 19, 2009, 09:49:55 am »

I'm surprised no one has brought this possibility up yet: there is no townie protector. Twiggie roleclaimed bodyguard, so the town protector will protect him as he protects somebody else, thus creating a protectee < bodyguard < Protector chain that is perfectly safe so long as the protector is unknown. So, safe bet right? Well, it's not, apparently, as the protector either didn't believe Twiggie, was roleblocked, or doesn't exist to begin with.

Also, it appears AFD doesn't like me being adversarial. I wonder why.

And while I'm appreciative, I still don't get why Webadict went out of his way to "protect" me. Breaking a tie in my favor would only throw suspicion on me, and it would be most beneficial for him if he were a dopp, a survivor, or an exterminator, and the possibility that he's any is very real.

Now, Let me propose a theory. If we assume that all dopps are active, and that all dopps voted last round, then, excluding myself and the deceased, the candidates for dopphood are:

AFD, Alexhans, Flintus, Kashyyk, Webadict, Org, and Pandarsenic.

With 5 dopps, we have a 5/7 of hitting a dopp. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Hey Flintus! Come on out and talk with us already!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 19, 2009, 10:04:48 am »

Shower eh?  Do you need to remove dry blood from body? :P
Pandar:  Trading a medium for just ONE dopp is a BAD idea.  It would be better to wait until we have more deaths and more info from the graveyard.
Pandar was about to trade a medium for useless info about a bodyguards target.
Rysith.  I'm happy you're posting what you think.  Keep going.  Try to scumhunt even though you're not self-confident.  If you never start you will never learn from mistakes.
So?  You'd trade a medium for that info?
OH... about inaluct's OMGUSes... meh... I'm not sure... I sure know that he is a grudgy, irrational player who can make the following newb thought process:
"Hey, that guy is voting for me... he must be scum cuz I'm town!  Vote That guy"

Specifically why?
Re: Shower - Not cool, man, I've been without hot water for like 3 days. D:
Re: Medium - The Medium has been a powerful role in the past, true - but keep in mind, it's not trade Medium for Dopp, OR trade Medium for whom Twiggie guarded. It's find out who Twiggie guarded with a possibility of Dopps or Exterminator discovering who it is - in which case, the trade of Medium for Dopp happens in addition to finding out Twiggie's target.
Re: inaluct - He can think that, or he might be more calculating. With inaluct, you can never be quite sure.
Spoiler: FoS on chaoticjosh (click to show/hide)

Actually, hell. Let's see what Chaoticjosh has to say about those, shall we?

Also, I feel a repeat of my FoS on Nuke for asking to be investigated if Twiggie flipped town (which he since has) is in order.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 44