Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 375625 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #1035 on: October 06, 2012, 02:20:42 pm »

I recently remembered playing this somewhat old 3rd person vehicle game, it's from the 2002 era I think, fairly rough 3D graphics. It was SF, you piloted different vehicles, from walkers to tanks and buggies, there was a big emphasis on sneaking around sometimes (because you were in a buggy with a machinegun while the enemy had a whole base worth of tanks). There were two campaigins, each for the opposing sides.

I think it was called shadow/invisible ops/wars/operations but none of those combinations worked :S
That sounds like one of the Battlezone games.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #1036 on: October 08, 2012, 01:31:45 pm »

Does this thread include looking for a type of game that I'm having a hard time finding?
Cause I would definitely enjoy if there was an isometric tactical turn based, with some emphasis on terrain altercation and effects. I'm thinking like a mix of minecraft/ace of spades, and Worms Reloaded, but on an isometric grid (preferably with z levels). Anyone heard of a game like that?

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: October 08, 2012, 01:36:02 pm »

Final Fantasy Tactics Advance. Has more cheerful and family-friendly atmosphere.

Final Fantasy Tactics is more adult and about great war and whatnots.

Fire Emblems, but they're not isometric, only 2D and 3D.

Generally what you're looking for could be labeled as 'tactical RPGs'.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: October 08, 2012, 02:09:41 pm »

Does this thread include looking for a type of game that I'm having a hard time finding?
Cause I would definitely enjoy if there was an isometric tactical turn based, with some emphasis on terrain altercation and effects. I'm thinking like a mix of minecraft/ace of spades, and Worms Reloaded, but on an isometric grid (preferably with z levels). Anyone heard of a game like that?
Greed Corp.
It's sort of the thing that you mean a little, and also has a sweet soundtrack.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1039 on: October 08, 2012, 02:27:51 pm »

A puzzle-ish game where you played as a purple (very purple) alien on a green rocket pod and you had to ride different utility tools to unscrew studs and screws along your path, while dodging enemies. Had very spiffy music if I recall.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: October 08, 2012, 05:07:24 pm »

'Lo there.

This should be a relatively easy one, it's just slipping out of my mind's grasp...

Relatively recent indie game, 2D, 16bit style graphics. Jetpack exploration in a spacesuit on a planet surface - reminiscent of Cortex Command/Terraria in style and use of physics.

Reminded me most of Exile, back on the C64/BBC/Amiga.

Just can't rremember the name... I'm sure it's been on one of the indie bundles, but a quick perusal hasn't brought anything up, and most probably covered on RPS at some point, and more than likely a thread in here too.

Thanks in advance, guys and gals.

E: holy shitballs what have I just found... :D http://www.classic-retro-games.com/Exile-(II)_345.html
not what I was looking for, that question still needs answering, but... BUT! Exile, all spangly and shizzle!
« Last Edit: October 08, 2012, 05:11:26 pm by SquidgyB »

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: October 08, 2012, 05:11:24 pm »

Capsized, maybe?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: October 08, 2012, 05:12:21 pm »

Capsized, maybe?

That's the one! Thank you!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1043 on: October 08, 2012, 05:25:00 pm »

a side scrolling shooter that I think was on kongregate. you were sent onto a ship that was experimenting with some kind of warp technology, and it brought back some weird psychic alieny things.
I can remember at the end, your guy gets locked up in a mental asylum, before having one of the alien worms come out of his mouth, and the boss fight was against some sort of glowey butterfly.

I remember that game, except the ending because that damn butterfly boss was too hard for me D:
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #1044 on: October 08, 2012, 05:39:11 pm »

a side scrolling shooter that I think was on kongregate. you were sent onto a ship that was experimenting with some kind of warp technology, and it brought back some weird psychic alieny things.
I can remember at the end, your guy gets locked up in a mental asylum, before having one of the alien worms come out of his mouth, and the boss fight was against some sort of glowey butterfly.

I remember that game, except the ending because that damn butterfly boss was too hard for me D:
I guess you can't remember the name, then.
Nope, I don't remember. I forgot to mention it in the post. :P

Also, tadpoles.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: October 08, 2012, 06:03:27 pm »

I have a vague memory of an RPG mechanically similar to the Avernum series where you control a party of 8 Orcs in a similar sort of underground environment. It had a similar sort of demoware business model from what I remember too.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: October 09, 2012, 07:23:14 am »

I have a vague memory of an RPG mechanically similar to the Avernum series where you control a party of 8 Orcs in a similar sort of underground environment. It had a similar sort of demoware business model from what I remember too.
Natuk?

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: October 09, 2012, 09:37:20 am »

Natuk?

Wow, this thread is the best thing ever.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: October 10, 2012, 07:17:31 pm »

Having trouble finding this neat web game I once played.
It was a 2d shoot em up style game, with the game screen being very much NOT like something like Raiden X, but being instead more up and down ish, like a fighting game. Ant farm, not map style. Anyway, in it you play as this small jet airplane(I think?), and fly around shooting down hordes of airplanes and battleships. The game started you off with you being ejected, in a ballistic manner, from a submarine. The entire game was silhouetted, I believe. The name was vaguely German, and the music was very militaristic.
Skulls featured prominently.

X-03

• Bay Watcher
  • Resistances must be silenced, the world purged.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: October 10, 2012, 08:49:59 pm »

I once played a PS2 game where you're a dog, I think square is bark and circle is bite or something like that. Didn't play much, but got to jump over a fence, and seemed (probably wasn't) to be a sandbox. Any ideas? It's been bothering me slightly for years and years D:
Are you LOST?
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 204