Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 204

Author Topic: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.  (Read 376187 times)

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The "Forgotten the name of this game?" thread. Ask here to prevent clutter.
« Reply #270 on: October 01, 2010, 04:38:44 pm »

It was an online game from 2004, it was about mixing DNA of animals, sort of like an evil mastermind thing, where you had a base and you did stuff to earn money and fought with other players mutated hordes....It had a map of your base, but not of your units, which had some movement restrictions for patrols that were kind of weird, it was a slow paced almost like a civ builder. Hope you can find it!

I think it's "impossible creatures"

I thought the same, but I think it did have a map of your units, and it was not very slowpaced. Also, it was not online-only, and if I really want to be picky, it was from 2003 ;)
This one was free and browser based though.

Oh, browser based. I've played that. I'll track it down...

Edit: Or maybe I won't. I'm not convinced this thing still exists given how hard it is to find it. I'll add a bit to the original description here in case anyone else knows. The core of the game seemed fairly similar to the other "build a city, build an empire" kinds of browser games, except I think you had a lab to start instead of a city. All of the gameplay was on a grid, like normal. Your "soldiers" were spliced animals that you created from DNA samples. I think there was a marketplace where you could buy and sell samples, but I may be getting my games mixed up. I basically signed up, played around for a few minutes, and didn't pick it back up, so I don't remember a whole lot more.
That was it. But now I can't find it, might just be gone.

Comrade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2010, 06:06:45 pm »

There was this game i played in my world history class. I think its called "Abacasy", not sure, but you are a country or a nation. The computer gives you a situation and four options, each option effects you and once each year you can change the amount of points ($) you spend on systems. (ex health, education, ...)

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: October 13, 2010, 12:55:59 pm »

I'm looking for a game where the player controlled bugs from a hive, and produced bugs armed with modern weapons.
There were dragonfly bombings and such.
There were bees spiders ants and beetles.
That's all I can describe

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: October 13, 2010, 01:12:46 pm »

I'm looking for a game where the player controlled bugs from a hive, and produced bugs armed with modern weapons.
There were dragonfly bombings and such.
There were bees spiders ants and beetles.
That's all I can describe

Battle Bugs?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: October 14, 2010, 01:42:26 pm »

Naaah
The game I'm looking for was released later.
It had better graphics.
How can I give more details.
The bases has turrets on them (not sure, probably not)
You started with one base and you could produce units from it, the bar would fill gradually and the unit would go out.
No resources no nothing.
The goal for the most part was to destroy the opposing base, which would turn grey in color and explode releasing something resembling a yellow blob which would have to be collected, which in turn lets you control the base from then on.
Spider units I remember where ninja spiders (that's I believe impossible to mistake with any other game), sniper spiders, and one other but I forgot what it was.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: October 17, 2010, 01:44:44 pm »

Ok, this one has been bothering me for a couple of days now, it was a strategy game, kinda oldish, I thought it was called "one of the enemy" but apparently not, the story involved an alliance of races fighting against a species that extracts fuel from the bodies of alliance races, it had high ground, and you flew in units, and you could take experienced units with you to the next map... Any ideas?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: October 17, 2010, 07:32:50 pm »

I of the Enemy, perhaps? I do know game you're talking about, and I think that's what it was called.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: October 17, 2010, 07:41:19 pm »

It's definitely something along those lines. I think there was some kinda' R word involved, too. Iirc, it either it or its sequel is freeware nowadays, so it shouldn't be horrifically hard to find.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: November 01, 2010, 02:54:09 pm »

I'm looking for a rouge-like where your attacks and, I think, those of your enemies act on more than just the tile in front of you and different attacks lead to different patterns of damage. For example:

@!!!!

!
     @!!!
       !

So your positioning was vital and it made the game very interesting.

I thought it was the Castlevania rouge-like but having looked at some screens I'm not so sure. Does anyone know what I'm looking for?
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: November 01, 2010, 03:00:43 pm »

I don't, but now I want a Chrono Trigger roguelike.
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Samio

• Bay Watcher
  • ˙uǝʌǝ ʇ,uop ı sıɥʇ sı ʇɐɥʍ
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: November 03, 2010, 01:48:17 pm »

Ok: There was this one indie game that was a topdown multiplayer shooter and had, last I checked, a Darwinia-esqueness to it. What I mean is that it had rather simplistic graphics and lines for bullets and all that. That's really all I remember, and I remember it being in a thread once.

HA! Found it: It's by Mode 7 Games, and it's called: Frozen Synapse.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 01:51:05 pm by Samio »

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: November 03, 2010, 08:49:24 pm »

wow, that one isnt even finished yet and you're already forgetting it!  I dont think the simultanious turn thing gets nearly enough love.  This is the first game I've seen since Robosport that had it, and I dont remember anything before Robosport.

I hear Laser Squad Nemisis also had simultanious turns, but I never played that one.  Some larger strategy games (like Space Empires 4) did also, but it is definitly a minority.

mothra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: November 04, 2010, 03:19:44 pm »

ok so 3d shooter game about being an angel our something and you were on earth and you fight some guy in a hummer and maybe some bees on the cover.rather old

Virtz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: November 05, 2010, 07:47:03 am »

ok so 3d shooter game about being an angel our something and you were on earth and you fight some guy in a hummer and maybe some bees on the cover.rather old
I dunno about the guy in a hummer and the bees, but Requiem: Avenging Angel and Messiah are the only shooters where you play as an angel I can think of.

Talfryn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: November 06, 2010, 01:52:03 pm »

It was an old, pixelated evolution simulator. You could edit number of legs, joints, and determine how they moved them, You could also play around with the amount of food, and color mattered in mating priority. What the hell was it?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 204