Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: dwarf manager tool for 23a  (Read 581 times)

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
dwarf manager tool for 23a
« on: June 04, 2009, 11:52:42 pm »

i know they exist, but dwarf foremans config file doesnt have a setup for 23a, and labourDF has dissapeared, does anyone know of a manager that would work with 23a?
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
Re: dwarf manager tool for 23a
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 12:02:36 am »

I have LabourDF v02 for 23a130.  I could upload it to the DFFD if you want.  Or I could upload my entire utilities directory for that version.  Lemme know.

ac31

• Bay Watcher
  • [FIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2009, 01:10:09 am »

labourdf would be great, the link on the utilities page is dead, but from its description it has some interesting features, even if it IS slightly unstable :P.

also, dwarf foremans meant to work with 23a, but it seems that time has caused the config parameters to be erased from time

i also figured out why foreman never would work in the first place, vista changes memory addresses around for some reason
Just wondering if it would be possible (however unwise) to make demons a civilisation
I don't see any reason they couldn't be. What would happen if they breached the HFS?
Horrors! Annoying relatives in the deep!

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 01:54:14 pm »

labourdf would be great, the link on the utilities page is dead, but from its description it has some interesting features, even if it IS slightly unstable :P.

On DFFD now.  http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=1074

also, dwarf foremans meant to work with 23a, but it seems that time has caused the config parameters to be erased from time

The earliest Foreman I have is 0.3.8b, so can't help you there.

Foreman's source code is under version control at svn://rimu.pavlovian.net/foreman/ but I can't see that the releases are in there, and they're not kept under http://www.pavlovian.net/foreman/ either.  If you can handle recompiling, you could checkout an early revision of the source code and make it yourself.

i also figured out why foreman never would work in the first place, vista changes memory addresses around for some reason

That will indeed be a problem.  If you know how to use a hex editor, you can turn off address randomization by editing the Dwarf Fortress executable.  For version 23.130.23a, change byte 116 from 40 to 00.

Incidentally, the reason it does it is to enhance security.