Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Wound Record  (Read 556 times)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wound Record
« on: June 04, 2009, 05:12:07 am »

I'd like to have a record of just how beaten up my dwarves have been. I know at least 5 have been in bed for a year ( but have fully recovered), but id like to know just how many times any one dwarf has been injured, ideally in each body part, so I know exactly how many times his nose has been broken.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
Re: Wound Record
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 09:49:29 am »

The next version will have several kinda-solutions for this.  First, you'll be able to view combat logs in Fortress Mode, and you can even selectively view the logs for a single unit.  So you'll be able to skim over his entire combat history (you can also filter out sparring and hunting messages, to only see the real combat stuff) and see any wounds received.  Secondly, the new unit description screen will mention any scars that resulted from old wounds, although that might not be relevant for broken noses.

Dwaref

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 12:08:54 pm »

I've had a bedridden dwarf since he was a kid now. His mother was slow in whacking a wolf, allowing it to eat one of his lower arms. It'd be great to have him doing something!

Also, checking each and every dwarf who's not sparring to see if the champs dented his braincase gets old.
Honestly can't wait for the next version, it's something unprecedented!
He is somewhat reserved. He prefers to be alone. He doesn't need thrills or risks in life. He is never optimistic or enthusiastic about anything. He has a fertile imagination. He is open-minded to new ideas. He is put off by authority and tradition. He is very straightforward with others. He is very disorganized. He thinks it is incredibly important to strive for excellence. He has very little self-discipline. He takes time when making decisions. He doesn't really care about anything anymore.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:16:07 pm »

The next version will have several kinda-solutions for this.  First, you'll be able to view combat logs in Fortress Mode, and you can even selectively view the logs for a single unit.  So you'll be able to skim over his entire combat history (you can also filter out sparring and hunting messages, to only see the real combat stuff) and see any wounds received.  Secondly, the new unit description screen will mention any scars that resulted from old wounds, although that might not be relevant for broken noses.

True, but a separate "statistical/records screen" would be nice to have.  ;)

Elvin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2009, 03:29:11 pm »

Possibly giving stuff like: How many Dwarves have suffered X injury, How many currently have X injury, etc.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2009, 03:55:17 pm »

Possibly giving stuff like: How many Dwarves have suffered X injury, How many currently have X injury, etc.

That might be hard to quantify in the next version, due to the massive changes in the body/wounding systems.  Each injury will be very unique and might not fall neatly into any category.

bjlong

• Bay Watcher
  • [INVISIBLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »

A simple system of how many dwarves suffered an injury to x body part, or of x severity should be easier, right?
I hesitate to click the last spoiler tag because I expect there to be Elder Gods in it or something.