Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Simple Mod-based Healing?  (Read 1294 times)

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Simple Mod-based Healing?
« on: June 02, 2009, 10:10:02 pm »

So here's a question that sounds simple but probably isn't.

What's the easiest way to cause badly injured dwarves to heal normally non-healing or fatal injuries?

In other words, you accidentally drop the cieling on\chasm\melt\freeze your favorite miner and he somehow survives, only with a permanent red injury, say, to the right lung. You pause the game, make several changes to the raws, and when you reload the game he heals up and goes off on his business.

For starters, I put in the [NOBLEED] and [NOBREATHE] tags so the dwarf can't suffocate or bleed out. I add a health [DAMBLOCK:25] just because I wouldn't want him bashing his head on the bedframe and dying of nerve damage while I play god. Next comes the Bodygloss raws, where you must make the actual edits that cause tissue to regenerate. This is where I am lost :)
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.
2. To find fault or criticize for petty reasons; cavil.

Dorten

• Bay Watcher
  • [CAFFEINE_DEPENDENT ]
    • View Profile
Re: Simple Mod-based Healing?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2009, 10:21:20 pm »

I suggest:

try removing lungs from dwarves. Then reload. If it does not crash - save, add lungs back, load...
Cacodemon 2nd Leutenant
medals: 8/40
specials: 30/44
badges: 13:8:3:0:0

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:03 pm »

Actually if it's not a brain or heart, make him nobleed and nobreathe, save, take out the broken part from the raws, load, save, put the part back, load. It appears to be healed , however if something is worn on this part, all your dwarves obviously would drop those items and will have to re-equip them.

P.S. Damn, ninjad...
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 10:23:29 pm »

From what I have seen any level of falling is enough to hurt all creatures even with dam block.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 10:55:54 pm »

Here's what I did!

This is the default code for lungs and mouths:

Code: [Select]
[BODY:2LUNGS]
[BP:RLUNG:right lung][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][BREATHE][INTERNAL][SMALL][RIGHT]
[BP:LLUNG:left lung][CONTYPE:UPPERBODY][BREATHE][INTERNAL][SMALL][LEFT]

[BODY:MOUTH]
[BP:MOUTH:mouth][CONTYPE:HEAD][MOUTH][SMALL][EMBEDDED][APERTURE]

I swapped the [BREATHE] and [INTERNAL] tags from the Lungs raws to the Mouth raws. This prevents having to mess with [NOBREATHE] and [NOBLEED], as the Lungs will now heal up near instantly and the mouth will process oxygen. Plus, the mouth can't be injured, so there's no chance of a crippled dwarf elsewhere in the fortress suffocating while you do this.

Inod's lungs healed immediately and I swapped everything back to normal, and everything is working dandy.
quib·ble
1. To evade the truth or importance of an issue by raising trivial distinctions and objections.

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2009, 02:29:31 am »

Why not just use Dwarf Companion to heal him? :P

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2009, 08:24:24 am »

Why not just use Dwarf Companion to heal him? :P

probably uses d11- wish companion worked with it =(

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2009, 08:07:41 pm »

I think you can toy with the bodyglosses to remove the tag [NERVOUS] from spine, brain and similar, so that they can just heal normally.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2009, 08:55:39 pm »

Won't changing this stuff in the raws not take effect until you regen a world?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2009, 08:57:20 pm by Johnny Chthonic »

Blakmane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2009, 09:53:31 pm »

Won't changing this stuff in the raws not take effect until you regen a world?

no.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=29157.0

Johnny Chthonic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2009, 10:45:21 pm »

My bad, you're changing the creature files. This is a neat idea.

Noble Digger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2009, 06:14:31 am »

If cats get out of hand in your fortress, just add [IGNITE_POINT:1] to the entry for cats in creature_domestic :)

This almost guarantees an immediate fiery tantrum spiral that would make the survivors of boatmurdered blush.
quib·ble

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2009, 08:17:04 am »

I think you can toy with the bodyglosses to remove the tag [NERVOUS] from spine, brain and similar, so that they can just heal normally.
For the spine and neck, yes. Brains don't have [NERVOUS], and the no-heal code is tied to the tag that defines them as brains.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Zaranthan

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet Smelter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2009, 08:56:02 am »

If cats get out of hand in your fortress, just add [IGNITE_POINT:1] to the entry for cats in creature_domestic :)

This almost guarantees an immediate fiery tantrum spiral that would make the survivors of boatmurdered blush.
No, no, no. What you do is remove VERMINHUNTER. That causes them to lose their pets and become strays again. Then you can deal with the problem normally and put the tag back.
Quote from: Howard, Nerf This, by Scott D. Ferguson
Villains sleep with hookers, heroes sleep with destiny.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2009, 03:32:52 pm »

If cats get out of hand in your fortress, just add [IGNITE_POINT:1] to the entry for cats in creature_domestic
if you gather them all together on the surface then you should also change [Homeotherm:10067] to [Homeothern:40000] and add the [SEVERONBREAKS] tag.
This way you can achieve a thermonuclear Catsplosion ;D
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!