Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Spinal Damage  (Read 2709 times)

Urist McCyrilin

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh, the dwarfity!
    • View Profile
    • CyCom! Writing&PnP!
Re: Spinal Damage
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2009, 04:42:22 pm »

Attack the Guard's groin with your artifact adamantine warhammer?
Y/N
Is it an Elf?

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2009, 05:17:14 pm »

Y/N

Is it an Elf?

What difference does that make? Would you ever answer N to such a question? :D

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2009, 05:28:11 pm »

Humor aside, if you wanted to prolong torture it would appear that going full-force for targets like the groin would make be liable to make your victim faint too quickly. It might be better to start with something like the extremities.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2009, 05:37:31 pm »

In case anyone's interested, there have been (at least) two Suggestions threads about aimed strikes, with in-depth discussion:

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=29610.0
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=28156.0

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2009, 06:01:17 pm »

On a unrelated note I just found out that you can jam an arrow right through a guard's skull and into his brain without killing him. He's mostly uninjured beyond this, so He'll be a good test subject for later.

Huh nevermind, he just randomly regenerated. Oh well, time to kill him
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 06:09:17 pm by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2009, 07:16:27 pm »

SUCCESS! I have managed to deliver red damage to the spine without inflicting too bad of damage to the other organs or parts.

Test subject 1 (Domi heatedyawn) is a male human, who was struck with an iron bolt in the lower body, piercing the spleen, damaging the kidney and mangling the lower spine. After the expected bleeding and vomiting passed, the subject passed in and out of conciousness before finally managing to stay awake for several turns before passing out again. In this time he was not stunned nor was he bleeding. Thus, the only remaining symptoms of his injuries can be attributed to the spinal damage

In his entire waking period he was unable to stand, dispite dragging himself after me, still attempting to attack. After several misses it was determined that the subject was attempting to punch me, meaning that his arms still worked.

From this I can only conclude that red damage to the lower spine actually causes both legs to become useless resulting in a permenent grounded state!

More results to come If I can do the same with the upper spine.

Note: Extreme damage, at least to the lower spine is NOT fatal, at least in the short term. After long periods of waiting it was decided to put subject 1 down as humanely as possible. After two practice stabs this was carried out with a iron bolt through the skull.

Elliott_Thinas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 01, 2009, 08:55:43 pm »

Awesome! Thank you Domi Heatedyawn for giving your mobility to a higher cause, dwarven science.
I got me a breeding pair of Han Solos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #22 on: June 01, 2009, 11:13:09 pm »

When I think of the "dwarven science" I think of two dwarves sitting around crushing eachother's hands with hammers and asking if it hurts.

Much alchohol is involved, as it always is.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2009, 12:20:03 am »

Bese Ironlathered:human bowman has become subject 2 after a iron bolt broke her spine.

It appears that Upper spine damage actually paralyzes the entire body, arms and legs, rendering the subject constantly prone and unable to do anything but push. They are very slow but somehow still capable of movement.

The subject finally expired as a result of suffocation from a pierced lung that was a side effect of her spinal injury.

It has therefore been concluded that the spine does actually control the use of limbs and that damage to it can render these limbs useless.

Personal note:
I was curious about the life of this subject, so I started digging. She was married and had 3 daughters.
Mother:abba chainsinges: still living, gave birth to a son as well,lonel Foldamazes. She is 76.
Father:Ilum Murderbells: Died of old age
Husband:Anu Bentmarble: Went hunting great beasts and was struck down by the wolf Hauntsmorning.
eldest daughter:Olo Roomled: Still living, a guard of the Glad League. She is currently 17 and has a husband and daughter, both of which were struck down by me.
second eldest:Atthem Scratchtame:She, and her husband and daughter were struck down by me.
youngest:gisu carryfaint:Took after her father and tried to hunt great beasts. Was struck down by Rampartchanges the alligator

« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 01:03:49 am by piecewise »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2009, 12:30:59 am »

I've decided to continue research on injuries and their specific effects.

Kidneys-very, very heavy bleeding it seems. A single pierce to one kidney can prove fatal very quickly. More research is needed, but it seems to have no long term effects.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 02, 2009, 12:47:08 am »

For some reason I don't think an attack to the groin is as harmless as a lot of people think it is especially when we are speaking of swords and maces.

A single pierce to one kidney can prove fatal very quickly. More research is needed, but it seems to have no long term effects

You mean besides the fact that with one Kidney you have an increased chance of Kidney failure? It can shorten lifespan quite a bit though people arn't likely to survive having a kidney punctured.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #26 on: June 02, 2009, 01:05:16 am »

For some reason I don't think an attack to the groin is as harmless as a lot of people think it is especially when we are speaking of swords and maces.

A single pierce to one kidney can prove fatal very quickly. More research is needed, but it seems to have no long term effects

You mean besides the fact that with one Kidney you have an increased chance of Kidney failure? It can shorten lifespan quite a bit though people arn't likely to survive having a kidney punctured.

No long term effects IN GAME. Since they heal when you travel I can't really test if there are really long term effects.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 02, 2009, 10:22:59 am »

Y/N
What if the guard is a female?

The hammer is stuck in the wound!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2009, 11:48:13 am »

Y/N
What if the guard is a female?

The hammer is stuck in the wound!
I would think a spear would do that more then a hammer. Unless the guard is rather like a hallway is some respects

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2009, 12:18:27 pm »

You know the old saying.

We'll make it fit!
WE NEED A SLOGAN!
Pages: 1 [2] 3