Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER  (Read 44593 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Day 3
« Reply #330 on: June 10, 2009, 03:08:14 am »

What's the point in questioning it? Josh obviously is able to control the power roles and I'd guess he's telling them who to go after to be sure. Twiggie probably defied Josh in a way that exposed him, caught himself in a lie, or (most likely) was scanned by a Detective or a Telepath.

After all, what reason does Josh have to lie?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: June 10, 2009, 07:55:28 am »

True.  If Josh says that Twiggle is a dopp, that's good enough for me.  He's got the authority of all the town's power roles combined, not to mention the ability to question individuals to root out liars, and he's guaranteed to be pro-town.  Twiggle
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #332 on: June 10, 2009, 08:15:06 am »

I lost my post...  >:( I'm gonna post later.

Anyway... basically, I said...

Everyone's quitting scumhunting?  Are we gonna solely depend on Josh?  What happens if our PR's die or are wrong?

Solifuge:  Josh doens't need to explain because he could out a PR by doing so.  Not a very nice suggestion.

I'm glad with a Twiggie lynch as you may recall but I hope that people do something else besides voting.

I have at least 1 more suspicious person but I'm not gonna voice it today. 
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 10, 2009, 09:41:38 am »

Right, Twiggie it seems to be. Although if CJ can give information it would be nice if he did so.

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 10, 2009, 09:59:45 am »

good to see how one person can force a vote on me without citing any evidence whatsoever...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #335 on: June 10, 2009, 10:05:06 am »

good to see how one person can force a vote on me without citing any evidence whatsoever...
err... one word:  GHOST
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 10, 2009, 11:30:16 am »

Alright everyone, I ran some rule clarifications with Meph, and I need everyone to change their vote to Solifuge.

Twiggie's a dopp, and is dangerous, but Solifuge is twice as dangerous, because he's the dopp protector, and needs to be eliminated.

I'm 100% certain, there is no mistake in my reasoning.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 10, 2009, 12:12:36 pm »

CJ, again you're presenting no reasoning. You don't need to out any PRs to do it, but at least present your suspicions. I have the feeling you're headhunting at the behest of Webadict, which is more dangerous than you understand.

WA lied about his role, to you, and to me. He is NOT the Detective. Also, why did you try to get Nuke to kill me last night by telling him I was the Agent, when you knew I was Protector?

If you're taking suggestions from WA, I'd suggest you revise your logic. I think I've found out his game.

I'm headed for work, so I'll try to put as much out there as I can now.

WA formed the Unconfirmed Mason Groups as a Doppleganger, putting one Doppleganger in each group, and leaving the last one "clean". WA could kill the Doppleganger in each group, earning their trust, and thereby earn the IDs of our power roles. Once CJ popped up, that use fell by the wayside.

In my group, the Doppleganger was Org, who was acting pointedly suspicious in there... I'm assuming that WA told him to do so, so he would have a "reason" to suspect him in public. If Twiggie flips Dopp, perhaps someone in his Unconfirmed Mason Group could confirm the same of Twiggie's behavior in there.

As a point of insight, I've been in contact with WA via PM, and he's been trying to dig up info on me, while refusing to answer questions in return. He wanted me to Protect him last night, to which I agreed... however, just today I let him know that I had caught him in two lies: him claiming Detective to CJ, and him lying through CJ to Nuke (Alien Agent-Seeker) about my role in order to get me Night-Killed.

I never thought of it like that. I guess I can trust you.

Yes, I know for a fact that Webadict is trustworthy, he told me he's the detective, and he gave me the results of his first investigation, which are confirmed with the roleclaims I've received. No one else has claimed detective, so he must be it.

WA really went overboard for this round, he communicated to me the details of his master plan, which is impressive to say the least.

So I need you to use your power as protector to protect WA. Can you do that?

Ah, well, you see, I don't have to answer those questions. Mostly because by tonight, one of us will be dead. Maybe even both. We'll see how things turn out.

And by the way, let's see what an investigation gets me. Something about your claim seems off...

Alright Nuke, I got my response, and I have good news for you. Solifuge is the agent. Congratulations on your victory.
Thank you both. I will be sure to inform the Alien Diplomacy Bureau of your helpfulness.
I'll be round shortly to get co-ordinates and such.

Last, but not least, Webadict isn't dead yet. He is obviously the #1 threat to the Dopplegangers, and yet Nightkills have been taking out Power Roles instead, such as the one confirmable PR we had in R1ck, after Org (the Dopple Mad Scientist) bit it. Obviously, Dopps have more info on roles than they should.

There is something extremely fishy going on between Webadict and ChaoticJosh. I'll be back in about 9 hours.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2009, 12:38:33 pm by Solifuge »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 10, 2009, 12:19:39 pm »

Hmm... and exactly how do you know WA isn't the detective? What leads you to this conclusion?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 10, 2009, 12:54:59 pm »

Hmm... and exactly how do you know WA isn't the detective? What leads you to this conclusion?
Lol, he knows a lot more than that... He knows some things that a Protector JUST shouldn't know.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 10, 2009, 01:40:46 pm »

Could you put your exhaustively constructed conspiracy theory into a new post next time Solifuge? I'm pretty sure editing is against the rules, or something to that effect.

Now, don't say I didn't give you the chance to preserve your dignity and resign yourself to defeat Solifuge, but I did, so let me crush all your hope of wriggling out of this one.

Look at things from my perspective, just a gander.

At the end of night 1, I die, become a ghost, and then receive everyone's roles the next day.

You give me your role, with the strikingly honest response that you're a Protector and you protected Org. I asked you a simple questions, I asked WHY you protected Org, the most obvious dopp of them all. You responded with some philosophy gobbledygook, and I knew right away that you were a dopp too.

Now, with all the information at my disposal, I knew what to do.

I gave you WA's identity, and thereby ensured his safety, because:

1) if I was wrong, and you were human, then you'd do as I said and would have protected him.
2) If I was right, and you were a dopp, you wouldn't attack him, because that would implicate you as a dopp.

Now, with that done, I needed to kill you, to get you out of the game, because I was very confident in the conclusion I'd reached. I trusted this task to the Agent Seeker, Nuke, who you've already exposed. I told him you were the Agent, and thusly expected him to kill you. However, he decided not to when he found out the truth.

However, and this is the funniest part, I wanted to use your probable dopp-hood to incriminate OTHER dopps, because I haven't been able to finger them as easily as you, and so I sent the Reporter to follow you, and instead of going to WA's house like a good little protector, you went to Twiggie's! I wonder why...

I think that's all I need to say.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 10, 2009, 02:35:12 pm »

Woah.
Yes, I am the agent seeker.
Yes, chaoticjosh told me (this was- I find- his mistake) that solifuge was the agent.
I made a two-person PM to them both thanking them for letting me win. Solifuge replied to me alone with a PM claiming protector. This confused me. I had already told chaotic I was willing to act as a hitman for the town. Why would he lie? I, confused, cancelled my action with mephansteras.
I blame chaoticjosh for this. Had he told me the truth, solifuge would now be dead. Town shouldn't lie to town, and as I become a townie in death I am practically town.
Anyway, bygones be bygones.
I trust in the power of the great reporter- solifuge protecting twiggie instead of webadict is most suspicious for the both of them. I will kill the one that does not die today tonight. I guess that solifuge is the more dangerous dopp right now, so solifuge it is.
Long Live United Forenia!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 10, 2009, 02:38:45 pm »

The Whiteboard

Solifuge: Nuke9.13
Twiggie: Frelock, inaluct, Kashyyk, Pandarsenic, TheToeBighter98
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 10, 2009, 02:53:40 pm »

I figured something was up.

Anyhow, CJ's right. Kill Solifuge. I wanted to do that last night, but I suppose everything I know is a lie, eh? (You made too many mistakes, CJ, you should've been more careful.)

Anyhow, nice try trying to make up a conspiracy between me and CJ. CJ can't be a Dopp, so anything conspiracy-wise is simply pointless. And your Dopps are stupid for not killing me :P.

Anyhow, Solifuge, what AM I? In case you wish to say. Go ahead, tell everyone if you know I'm not a Detective. What could I possibly be?

Twiggie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 10, 2009, 03:35:25 pm »

you're the medium, arent you  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 27