Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Shortest Paranormal game EVER  (Read 44675 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 5 - Day 2
« Reply #210 on: June 05, 2009, 08:12:36 am »

Right then. I have told our fallen companion my role.
I'm not sure what org is doing. Regardless of alignment he should have claimed human scientist. Anyway. As org is now a normal townie/normal dopp anyway, I see no reason not to lynch him. Org.

Also, I'm going to be a good little pawn in webadict's game and FoS R1ck.
I'm also going to vote org, because he was acting very scummy yesterday, and because I think that the chances of a mad scientist dopp existing are probably pretty good.

It's too bad nobody killed him last night, it would have saved the the town from having to waste a lynch.
How does he know? It seems pretty slim to me, as, you know, dopp power roles for the lower chances? This looks to me like a thinly veiled Shit guys, they're going to lynch our buddy, quick, bandwagon against them! (There's probably an official mafiascum term) 
Also, the 'too bad no one killed him'; there's a name for that. Going around saying 'Oh, well done on the mafia's part last night'/'Ooh, mafia screwed up last night'- replace mafia with role of choice, it doesn't matter. It's a beginner tell that that person has that role. You a killer, R1ck?

The first thing you're talking about is called Distancing, by lynching their comrade. This makes them look less suspicious by following the crowd.

The second is called Bragging, where they say how terrible the last night was by who died (or who didn't), though I say if anyone would be guilty of this, it'd probably be me.

Anyone suspicious yet?
...That's what you're here to find out. Use posts, pms, whatever to find someone guilty.

FOS Nuke.
Any reason why? Try to explain your thinking to the rest of us.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #211 on: June 05, 2009, 08:22:19 am »

unvote.  That's fine solifuge.  I was concerned.

Anyone suspicious yet?
YOU.  STOP lurking.
Quote from: Nuke
How does he know? It seems pretty slim to me, as, you know, dopp power roles for the lower chances? This looks to me like a thinly veiled Shit guys, they're going to lynch our buddy, quick, bandwagon against them! (There's probably an official mafiascum term) 
Yes.  It's called bussing.  But why would scum buss a partner from the beginning of Day 1?? and especially if he is a mad scientist...

It DOESNT make sense nuke.
Also, the 'too bad no one killed him'; there's a name for that. Going around saying 'Oh, well done on the mafia's part last night'/'Ooh, mafia screwed up last night'- replace mafia with role of choice, it doesn't matter. It's a beginner tell that that person has that role. You a killer, R1ck?
You may have a point here.  That's the well, that sucks tell.

Has anyone even checked the scientist's options?

Quote from: Rules

* Body Double: A perfect body double. It could be organic, robotic, even a hologram. Regardless, it takes his place in dangerous situations while he stays safe. If the Mad Scientist is killed, the body double takes his place. This also applies to lynches during the day phase. It's a one-use item, though, so he's vulnerable after it's been destroyed.
    * Security System: A highly advanced security system watches over the Mad Scientist's house. He knows the identity of anyone who visits his house during the night. He does not, however, know their purpose. Unless it's to kill him, and he finds that out the hard way.
    * Sentry Guns: Functions like the paranoid war vet, attacking and killing anyone who comes snooping around the Mad Scientist's house. However, it has limited ammo (it is just a prototype version), and only works on the first person to come by. Like the War Vet's ability, this can be turned off for a night. This makes the house safe for friendly visitors but leaves the Mad Scientist vulnerable to attack.
    * Snooper bot: This little bug-bot can trail another player at night and see where they go (if anywhere).
    * Assassin bot: Once per game the MS can use the assassin bot to day-kill another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Mad Scientist.
Would a town player choose one option before the other?  What does everyone think about this?
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 05, 2009, 08:32:36 am »

Yes.  It's called bussing.  But why would scum buss a partner from the beginning of Day 1?? and especially if he is a mad scientist...

It does if they knew everyone was going to lynch him. What wouldn't make sense is me trying to bus Org.

You may have a point here.  That's the well, that sucks tell.

Has anyone even checked the scientist's options?

Quote from: Rules

* Body Double: A perfect body double. It could be organic, robotic, even a hologram. Regardless, it takes his place in dangerous situations while he stays safe. If the Mad Scientist is killed, the body double takes his place. This also applies to lynches during the day phase. It's a one-use item, though, so he's vulnerable after it's been destroyed.
    * Security System: A highly advanced security system watches over the Mad Scientist's house. He knows the identity of anyone who visits his house during the night. He does not, however, know their purpose. Unless it's to kill him, and he finds that out the hard way.
    * Sentry Guns: Functions like the paranoid war vet, attacking and killing anyone who comes snooping around the Mad Scientist's house. However, it has limited ammo (it is just a prototype version), and only works on the first person to come by. Like the War Vet's ability, this can be turned off for a night. This makes the house safe for friendly visitors but leaves the Mad Scientist vulnerable to attack.
    * Snooper bot: This little bug-bot can trail another player at night and see where they go (if anywhere).
    * Assassin bot: Once per game the MS can use the assassin bot to day-kill another player. This attack cannot be traced back to the Mad Scientist.
Would a town player choose one option before the other?  What does everyone think about this?
Honestly, he'd probably choose Body Double. Or Security System. A Dopp is more likely to choose Security System or Assassin Bot, though. Not sure why he chose Body Double, but I'm certain he's a Dopp.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 05, 2009, 08:44:32 am »

To be honest, its just a suspicion.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 05, 2009, 08:57:19 am »

Er. Last I checked, R1ck made 1 post in day 1 in which he voted no lynch
Spoiler: R1ck's day 1 post (click to show/hide)
His next post was today's bandwaggoning org.
I stand by my FoS.
Long Live United Forenia!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 05, 2009, 09:17:23 am »

I'm also going to vote org, because he was acting very scummy yesterday, and because I think that the chances of a mad scientist dopp existing are probably pretty good.
Where do you get this from?  Have you even looked at the code?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 05, 2009, 09:22:51 am »

Alexhans forgive me when I say; WTF mates?
I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying here. Is this aimed at me, R1ck, or someone else entirely?
Long Live United Forenia!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 05, 2009, 10:18:01 am »

Alexhans forgive me when I say; WTF mates?
I'm afraid I don't understand what you are saying here. Is this aimed at me, R1ck, or someone else entirely?
Thread 101... If someone quotes something and right after the quote writes something that means that they're addressing the quoted person.

Anyway.  What I asked R1ck was WHY did he assume that "the chances of a mad scientist dopp existing were probably pretty good."

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 05, 2009, 04:02:33 pm »

What I was saying is that you can't discredit the possibility of a dopp mad scientist just based on the slightly lower than average chances of it happening. I also find it suspicious that he hasn't even posted yet today to try to defend himself, or to try to frame up a townie to take down with him.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 05, 2009, 04:05:35 pm »

Wow Guys. Im gone for a day, and I come back and everyone hates me.

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 05, 2009, 05:09:47 pm »

You kicked my dog!

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 05, 2009, 06:26:21 pm »

What I was saying is that you can't discredit the possibility of a dopp mad scientist just based on the slightly lower than average chances of it happening. I also find it suspicious that he hasn't even posted yet today to try to defend himself, or to try to frame up a townie to take down with him.
Absolutely NOT what you said.

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 05, 2009, 07:58:22 pm »

Absolutely NOT what you said.
It's not "absolutely not" what I said before, it's very similar. The point I'm trying to make, which you are dancing around, is that you can't say the there can't be a dopp mad scientist simply because the probability of it occurring are a little smaller than the chances of a human mad scientist.

Is this just your way of saying that you don't think org is a dopp, alexhans? Or perhaps you're trying to shift suspicion from him to me?

BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 05, 2009, 08:01:15 pm »

And dont give me any bull about saying that I should have said I was a Mad Scientist with Body Double.You wouldnt have believed me AT ALL. You were bent on me being a dopp.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2009, 08:21:44 am by Org »

TheToeBighter98

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 05, 2009, 08:43:30 pm »

R1ck.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 27