Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2424485 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19380 on: July 04, 2015, 03:23:51 pm »

BUt it'll mean that all current modders will have to port their code to the new language.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19381 on: July 04, 2015, 03:25:23 pm »

I wonder how long it would take up move some big mods over though. (or how many people will panic over it)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19382 on: July 04, 2015, 03:42:57 pm »

Literally everyone will panic over it, that I can guarantee. Even Putin is gonna be all "ohshit minecraft mods are taking forever to update better invade Poland".

With any luck MS will be really awesome and include a modding API. Although that's probably just too much to hope for.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #19383 on: July 04, 2015, 03:52:12 pm »

modding API.
Isn't that some sort of vague and HL3-like object when related to minecraft? :P
I hear about one occasionally and then its not mentioned again for months.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19384 on: July 04, 2015, 09:27:54 pm »

It's basically supposed to be kinda like Minecraft Forge but built in to the game. Which would cut out 99% of the bullshit related to modding in general.
It was mentioned during beta, nothing happened, dinnerbone hyped it for 1.6/1.7/1.8 and some people are hopeful for 1.9/1.10/whatever, but AFAIK most people are just going "man, fuck dinnerbone".
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19385 on: July 04, 2015, 09:38:00 pm »

The Windows 10 version is literally Minecraft Portable Edition, as was stated by one of the developers. It's supposed to run on any W10 device and have cross-platform multiplayer.
That being said, a developer confirmed that mod support is not a thing "yet".

Whether by "yet" he means "at this point in development" or "planned yet" or "maybe in the far future" I guess we'll have to wait to find out.

QUICKEDIT: I don't think this was mentioned, but they've also stated that they're trying to maintain feature parity between the Java version and this one.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19386 on: July 04, 2015, 10:43:52 pm »

Will the W10 version be coming to PS4?!1!
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19387 on: July 05, 2015, 01:14:21 am »

Wait shit. I hate portable version. I LOVE MY PC VERSION NO.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19388 on: July 07, 2015, 04:03:38 am »

Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19389 on: July 07, 2015, 06:15:46 am »

Terraria spends a year or so updating: 800 new items, new bosses, new progression, entirely new mechanics

Minecraft spends a year or so updating: New boats

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19390 on: July 07, 2015, 06:43:38 am »

did you expect anything not shit from minecraft development?
the most exciting thing that has happened in an update since i started playing minecraft is the ability to have more than five worlds.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19391 on: July 07, 2015, 06:50:14 am »

What about horses? They're cool.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Oneir

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fancy hat]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19392 on: July 07, 2015, 06:54:30 am »

Terraria spends a year or so updating: 800 new items, new bosses, new progression, entirely new mechanics

Minecraft spends a year or so updating: New boats

I couldn't stand the sound and camera work to watch the whole fifteen minutes, but it did look like there was more than just boats happening. They showed off a really fast portal transition, and various additional effects that could point to a lot of background changes. Still nothing exciting, but if they did rewrite the game in C++/C# that would explain why things were silent for so long. Does that mean future updates might be faster? Who knows.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19393 on: July 07, 2015, 07:12:25 am »

What about horses? They're cool.
i got bored of horses many versions before they actually got into vanilla :P

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #19394 on: July 07, 2015, 07:15:37 am »

I'd love horses if they worked properly. Running at speed in minecraft on a horse, you just end up rubberbanding and lagging even in singleplayer.

And more often than not you come back to find the horse has fallen into a hole or something.
Pages: 1 ... 1291 1292 [1293] 1294 1295 ... 1380