Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2427014 times)

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #16680 on: May 07, 2012, 06:31:37 pm »

Fire resistant armor works too.

Not for swimming in lava, though. Learned that the hard way in a B12 Hunger Games game when I found a suit of fire resistance leathers in a lava-filled cavern.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16681 on: May 07, 2012, 07:00:18 pm »

Speaking of which, have there been any other B12 Hunger Games matches lately? Where are these being run?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16682 on: May 07, 2012, 07:07:09 pm »

I believe the general consensus after the first one was "Never again!"
It's FEF, not FEOF

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16683 on: May 07, 2012, 07:38:46 pm »

Did something happen, or was it just a pain to organize? I'd rather like to get in on something like that.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16684 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:01 pm »

Chaos caused by overpowered sponsors, and lots of unsportsmanlike behavior.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16685 on: May 07, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

I've played a few hunger games on minecraftpvp servers but really it's not actual hunger games, the rules and setting are very different. However they do have new games available at all times and many players.

I even scored 2nd place last time i played, but i loathe combat, way too laggy for me, i feel like i never hit my opponents unless i'm in their face, while they seem to have no trouble hitting me with a sword from 10 blocks away or something.

Oh but one interesting feature is that they give you a compass pointing to the nearest player.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16686 on: May 07, 2012, 10:19:25 pm »

Huh... that's a shame. I might just have to set one up myself and be the sole moderator then, since I know I won't do stupid crap and interfere. Also, I'd like to enable trap making, shelter-building, etc., and emphasize the scarcity of food and such. Combat's all good, but nothing beats offing enemies with panache via a cleverly-placed pitfall, or hording food to starve out your opponents. Also, people need to be in pairs to look out for one another... keeping eachother alive adds an additional dimension to the challenge.

EDIT: Making a map now. Trying to find a good natural plains/forest Seed without too many mountains and chunk wierdness. Tried "turnofthetides" in Snapshot 12w17a. I've been flying for some 15 minutes and all I see is deep ocean, with no land at all.

Not what I was looking for, but very interesting.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2012, 11:36:41 pm by Solifuge »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16687 on: May 08, 2012, 06:49:32 am »

Found a Testificate village for the first time, in just plain survival mode.

I will rule them like a God.  An angry God.

I've already had to execute one with my sword for being too stupid to leave a place I was trying to add stairs to.

What do you guys do with your villagers? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #16688 on: May 08, 2012, 06:57:26 am »

Iron golem factory.
Or cannon fodder for my monster traps.
Or test pilots.
Or poof.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16689 on: May 08, 2012, 06:58:47 am »

I build more and more houses for them, and occasionally stuff a TNT into the most crowded house when I get bored
It's FEF, not FEOF

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16690 on: May 09, 2012, 03:59:38 pm »

I just remembered my favourite texture pack for this, so I'm quite happy, now.

HE HAS RETURNED! FLEE! RUN AWAY EVERYONE! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

In oher words, i cant wait for books going official.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #16691 on: May 09, 2012, 07:52:53 pm »

EDIT: Making a map now. Trying to find a good natural plains/forest Seed without too many mountains and chunk wierdness. Tried "turnofthetides" in Snapshot 12w17a. I've been flying for some 15 minutes and all I see is deep ocean, with no land at all.

that is rather interesting. You enter a seed with the word tides in it and got a massive ocean. A not long ago I entered a seed that was the word Tundra repeated  many times and got the biggest tundra biome that I've ever seen. Tis a rather neat coincidence
It's FEF, not FEOF

Sirian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16692 on: May 10, 2012, 06:54:18 am »

that is rather interesting. You enter a seed with the word tides in it and got a massive ocean. A not long ago I entered a seed that was the word Tundra repeated  many times and got the biggest tundra biome that I've ever seen. Tis a rather neat coincidence

I tried using "tides" as my world name (not seed) and i got a massive ocean as well. The seed is 8523985106576561946
Probably just a fluke but who knows...

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16693 on: May 10, 2012, 08:23:36 am »

I got a fairly cool seed for building a town or something. A lot of plains, Forests, and an Ocean to the North and East. Building some kind of water mill thing in it. Plus if your into mods then Thaumcraft has some taint nearby and that Village mod (Can't remember how to spell it.) Has a tavern right at spawn and then a Military Norman town down the river. This is for 1.2.5. I'll post the seed when I get the chance (AKA: I'll likely completely forget to post it unless people keep badgering me about it).

Edit: Two days later: 4349518833431871405

« Last Edit: May 11, 2012, 02:03:46 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #16694 on: May 10, 2012, 10:21:18 am »

One thing I hate about the Minecraft servers...they're so complicated.

Almost each one that I've seen have something like MMOcraft ( or whatever it's called ) with LEVELS AND ABILITIES.  Minecraft should not be played like that, then again, I'm old school ( never used potions and alchemy ).  Is there any server that has little to no major mods, just normal minecraft, with PVP?  Any at all, maybe one that's run by a Bay12er? 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 1111 1112 [1113] 1114 1115 ... 1380