Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420399 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #15480 on: February 13, 2012, 06:35:58 pm »

And excatly how to you allocate RAM to minecraft?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15481 on: February 13, 2012, 06:36:41 pm »

Go to the options of the Technic launcher and select how much RAM to give it in the dropdown menu.
*Hugs*

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15482 on: February 13, 2012, 06:38:50 pm »

Is there a way to do that without installing some Technic mod? I'm really not interested in it, but I am interested in getting Minecraft to run a little better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15483 on: February 13, 2012, 06:40:33 pm »

There is, but I don't know how to offhand. I'd suggest checking on the google.
*Hugs*

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15484 on: February 13, 2012, 07:22:19 pm »

Does anyone know how to set the dwarven archers in better dungeons to have less attack?
Wearing full iron armor, one shot will set me down to 2 health and I always play on hardcore. It is a bit annoying to not be able to kill them and loosing the world when accidently run into one above ground.

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15485 on: February 13, 2012, 07:24:30 pm »

What process governs the technic launcher? It's fucking irritating and won't go away or load. Is there just a direct installer for the technic pack anymore?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #15486 on: February 13, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »

Try looking in the config if there is one, bluephoenix?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15487 on: February 13, 2012, 07:27:52 pm »

Does anyone know how to set the dwarven archers in better dungeons to have less attack?
Wearing full iron armor, one shot will set me down to 2 health and I always play on hardcore. It is a bit annoying to not be able to kill them and loosing the world when accidently run into one above ground.

Only way I know of is to change it to easy. And maybe not even that. I remember something about them doing different damage at different difficulty levels.

What process governs the technic launcher? It's fucking irritating and won't go away or load. Is there just a direct installer for the technic pack anymore?
Should be Java, I see the new technic launcher as a different minecraft launcher. It launches minecraft with the mods. I haven't tried it yet but I assume you can play vanilla minecraft with the original minecraft launcher still.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15488 on: February 13, 2012, 07:46:19 pm »

Well I can't set it to easy in hardcore and there is no config file to change damage of mobs so I guess I'll be stuck with it the way it is.
I have to start playing on survival then I guess.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15489 on: February 13, 2012, 07:50:28 pm »

Well I can't set it to easy in hardcore and there is no config file to change damage of mobs so I guess I'll be stuck with it the way it is.

Ok, this may be a stretch, but maybe increase the damage of all other projectiles to that of the dungeon ones, and then increase your resistance to projectiles in the config files?

Note I have no coding experience whatsoever.

bluephoenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15490 on: February 13, 2012, 08:05:44 pm »

Ok, this may be a stretch, but maybe increase the damage of all other projectiles to that of the dungeon ones, and then increase your resistance to projectiles in the config files?

Note I have no coding experience whatsoever.
Unfortunatly there are no config files that would allow me to do something like this, the only thing I can think of would be to edit the java class files but opening them in notepad only creates a bunch of gibberish.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15491 on: February 14, 2012, 01:21:24 am »

You guys tried allocating more RAM? My computer's crap and I can run it just fine.

Alternatively, does your laptop have a seperate graphics card (NVidia or somesuch, NOT integrated graphics)? If so, make sure your laptop actually uses the card when you run MC; if you have a NVidia card, there's a little icon in the toolbar that opens up the card manager. Run MC, and in the manager, select javaw.exe as an allowed program.

Took MC on my laptop from unplayable on short render distance, to flawless on max.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15492 on: February 14, 2012, 01:26:42 am »

Wait, you can have more than one graphics card on a laptop? O_O
How? I must know! I'm tired of this crappy integrated Intel chip! It can hardly run Half-Life 2, let alone Minecraft!

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15493 on: February 14, 2012, 01:59:44 am »

How? I must know!

Buy a new laptop. One that has a seperate graphics card :P

(Seriously though, that's your only option; updating the guts of a laptop is, while not technically impossible, extremely difficult).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #15494 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:00 am »

How? I must know!

Buy a new laptop. One that has a seperate graphics card :P

(Seriously though, that's your only option; updating the guts of a laptop is, while not technically impossible, extremely difficult).
:'(
Oh well.

Pages: 1 ... 1031 1032 [1033] 1034 1035 ... 1380