Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2422357 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #14955 on: December 16, 2011, 09:30:02 pm »

I think he's using the family computer.  Something along the lines of his parents not trusting/allowing him to install anything.

sheesh. i too had a family computer. nobody prevented me from installing stuff though.
and hiding the shortcuts?
hiding folders?
i mean...not that difficult.

That's why I said *his* parents, not yours.  And hiding folders and shortcuts is hardly effective at hiding installed software. Seriously.

What part of 'doesn't need to be installed' is so hard to understand?

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14956 on: December 16, 2011, 09:47:30 pm »

Where is the enchantment hate coming from?
I kind of want to know too. I mean if you don't like it, then don't use it, or something. Unless it has something to do with enchantments breaking modded in items or something? I have no clue.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #14957 on: December 16, 2011, 10:24:50 pm »

Ah.  Playing in the browser.  Yes, we seem to have a collective blind spot there.

I guess it's the fact that he wants to mod the game.  And seemed to know how to do it.

Attn Johnfalcon99977: It is a flat-out requirement that, to mod Minecraft, you have to be playing it using the standalone launcher, not inside a browser.

If you're playing the browser version, and you try to mod it, it will indeed "flips the fuck out and crashes."  And there's nothing you can do about it.  There's nothing we can do about it either.

Sorry, I guess.

TheDecline

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14958 on: December 17, 2011, 09:48:46 am »

So i have decided i need to get back into mincraft after i got bored somhow many moons ago.

I noticed some nice looking mods like matmos,HD textures etc. ( also lord of the craft have some cool texture packs)

My question is what do you guys recommend ? I like to explore and make contraptions ala timesinks. but i cant seem to find a difinitive list of what other mods I should/could install along with them, I suppose im after somthing like a lazy noob pack endorsed by bay12   :P .
And so we go on with our lives
we know the turth, but prefer lies
lies are simple....simple is bliss

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #14959 on: December 17, 2011, 09:57:10 am »

Well, Technic is akin to the Lazy newb pack, and I believe its working for 1.0.0, except for IndustrialCraft.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14960 on: December 17, 2011, 11:20:10 am »

Ah.  Playing in the browser.  Yes, we seem to have a collective blind spot there.

I guess it's the fact that he wants to mod the game.  And seemed to know how to do it.

Attn Johnfalcon99977: It is a flat-out requirement that, to mod Minecraft, you have to be playing it using the standalone launcher, not inside a browser.

If you're playing the browser version, and you try to mod it, it will indeed "flips the fuck out and crashes."  And there's nothing you can do about it.  There's nothing we can do about it either.

Sorry, I guess.
There is literally no instance that the game should be capable of being launched in the browser but not in a portable version of the standalone launcher.
There's pretty much no difference at all between them, apart from the window location of the launched applet.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 11:27:31 am by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #14961 on: December 17, 2011, 11:21:55 am »

Also I was only talking about the portable versions of winrar and 7zip, not minecraft.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14962 on: December 17, 2011, 11:25:29 am »

I don't get why that was directed at me, though.  I was only pointing out the possible reason why Johnfalcon99977 is all mysterious about why he can't install certain software while still having Minecraft installed. :/

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14963 on: December 17, 2011, 11:44:22 am »

There was a time when I couldn't use the exe to start Minecraft but the browser would. But I did some stuff and now it's good on both counts.
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Eagle_eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14964 on: December 17, 2011, 11:53:17 am »

I'm getting memory crashes, despite allocating 2 gigs of ram to java, and having 6 gigs total... is there something in Technic that causes this?

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14965 on: December 17, 2011, 11:57:21 am »

Sorry, I guess.
There is literally no instance that the game should be capable of being launched in the browser but not in a portable version of the standalone launcher.
There's pretty much no difference at all between them, apart from the window location of the launched applet.
The requirement of digital signing, and package integrity?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14966 on: December 17, 2011, 12:20:05 pm »

The requirement of digital signing, and package integrity?
On the browser version?  Yeah, that'd be why we can't mod it.
On the client version?  Pffffft, hardly.  Delete that META-INF folder and it doesn't know the meaning of the words "package integrity".
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14967 on: December 19, 2011, 04:39:37 am »

So, in case anyone's still interested, N@W has updated to 1.0, and got a spoutcraft launcher for anyone not interested in keeping a separate minecraft jar.

Also, The Hammersong Empire needs mans for the upcoming war. Hex has more details on that though.
*Hugs*

Heliman

• Bay Watcher
  • I knew you were coming. Nonetheless, welcome.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14968 on: December 19, 2011, 04:42:10 am »

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 04:44:45 am by Heliman »

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14969 on: December 19, 2011, 04:57:13 am »

So apparently there is a 1.0 release of Industrialcraft? the esoteric repeating of the same thread OP for each release seems pointless without anything relevant to a new release. I can't even verify if it works with 1.0 at the moment.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 996 997 [998] 999 1000 ... 1380