Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419307 times)

Eagle

• Bay Watcher
  • [LARGE_ROAMING]
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #11235 on: August 29, 2011, 09:42:26 am »

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11236 on: August 29, 2011, 10:35:48 am »

That's ... probably too much. Industrialcraft and Planes might crash, I remember trying and failing, but that might work now (i was trying 1.6.6 versions...)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11237 on: August 29, 2011, 11:17:03 am »

Okay ive finally caved and decided to mod up my minecraft. After sorting through a bunch of threads, ive settled on 9 mods to attempt to install (IC, flan's plane mod, balkons weapon mod, risugami's, BC, portal gun, millenaire, mo' creatures, and more creeps & weirdos). From what ive read i THINK they're all compatible, but can someone more competent than i check it before i start blindly downloading shit?

Im also open to nice texture pack/alternate mod suggestions, seeing as i havent played MC in about 4 months.

Yeah most mod packs require tweaking of IDs and compatibility issues. Not all mods can go together. I suggest the YogBox or the Aether Mod. With the YogBox you don't even need those annoying mods that allow you to run mods.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #11238 on: August 29, 2011, 02:26:10 pm »

Okay ive finally caved and decided to mod up my minecraft. After sorting through a bunch of threads, ive settled on 9 mods to attempt to install (IC, flan's plane mod, balkons weapon mod, risugami's, BC, portal gun, millenaire, mo' creatures, and more creeps & weirdos). From what ive read i THINK they're all compatible, but can someone more competent than i check it before i start blindly downloading shit?

Im also open to nice texture pack/alternate mod suggestions, seeing as i havent played MC in about 4 months.

Yeah most mod packs require tweaking of IDs and compatibility issues. Not all mods can go together. I suggest the YogBox or the Aether Mod. With the YogBox you don't even need those annoying mods that allow you to run mods.

But Yogbox is full of stupid shit wich hardcore players dont want.
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11239 on: August 29, 2011, 03:00:05 pm »

You can choose which mods to install.

dragonshardz

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:PONY:ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #11240 on: August 29, 2011, 05:42:51 pm »

>Hardcore players
>Minecraft is pretty much the ultimate casual game.
>looooooool.jpg

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11241 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:41 pm »

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #11242 on: August 29, 2011, 05:45:49 pm »

Not sure that there is a practical use for this but...it's nifty anyway.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11243 on: August 29, 2011, 07:43:58 pm »

Anyone Minecraft competent enough to help me solve my Yogbox problems? I think it is some massive memory leak. Basically, I can gen a world just fine, but after a very brief time, usually half a minute to a full minute, the screen turns black, it displays the text "saving chunks", and then goes black.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11244 on: August 29, 2011, 08:40:21 pm »

Not sure that there is a practical use for this but...it's nifty anyway.
Man, I hope we are close to AR games being a things.
Thank you based dwarf.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11245 on: August 29, 2011, 08:41:02 pm »

Pfft.  I would HIGHLY recommend RedPower, if you're going to install Buildcraft.
Also, BC is incompatible with IC, because IC1 is a buggy piece of shit (no offense to Alblaka, he knows it too, which is why he's refactoring it to be less shitty).  Planes is pretty bad too, because it uses a shitton of item sprites.  I can't comment on the rest of them.

(Shameless plug: Jaycraft has RedPower and BuildCraft all wrapped up and pretty-like :V  ...apart from a crippling client freeze bug with Buildcraft at the moment, at least Fixed, I think)
« Last Edit: August 30, 2011, 03:54:30 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #11246 on: August 30, 2011, 03:45:45 am »

Yeah, RedPower rules! I haven't played BC, but am planning to. ;)
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

electronics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Minecraft Address of the server
« Reply #11247 on: August 30, 2011, 05:14:47 am »

I've got BC and IC to work toegther many times without changing stuff...
1=0

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #11248 on: August 30, 2011, 03:57:24 pm »

I've got BC and IC to work toegther many times without changing stuff...
Presumably because you weren't using BC 2.0.
BC prior to using Forge always was compatible, but IC1 edits an obnoxious number of base classes without hooking anything out for compatibility's sake.  Forge does, which is why IC2, which is currently in SSP beta, is refactored to USE Forge itself, hence base clean.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11249 on: August 30, 2011, 04:23:42 pm »

Pages: 1 ... 748 749 [750] 751 752 ... 1380