Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2419687 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #9420 on: April 28, 2011, 02:28:00 pm »

Intertube Records. Genius.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2rDbRUDkds

I've come across this before (might've been linked from here before...), but it's still awesome/hilarious :)
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9421 on: April 29, 2011, 12:37:27 am »

After having played through Wizard Burgmund, The Redmurk Mystery, Professor Grizwold and the Curse of the Diamond Block, and some other challenges, I've been looking for new and exciting Multiplayer MC Adventure maps to Livestream. Anyone have any ideas?

I'm itching for Pistons too, since I have all kinds of neat ideas for traps and puzzles that utilize them in interesting ways. So many possibilities from such a simple object... I can hardly wait!

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9422 on: April 29, 2011, 12:47:20 am »

After having played through Wizard Burgmund, The Redmurk Mystery, Professor Grizwold and the Curse of the Diamond Block, and some other challenges, I've been looking for new and exciting Multiplayer MC Adventure maps to Livestream. Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=207989

I don't know if these would be classified as adventure maps. There is no real story, but there is a bit of adventuring and exploration.

Actually, check out Vechs' sig. He's got more maps than just the survival ones.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 12:53:56 am by Mephisto »

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9423 on: April 29, 2011, 02:30:47 am »

I'm itching for Pistons too, since I have all kinds of neat ideas for traps and puzzles that utilize them in interesting ways. So many possibilities from such a simple object... I can hardly wait!
Have you tried Criswelvania? It was pretty cool from the little I played it. You can also check out EscapeCraft. I don't have a link at the moment.

Also, I was playing with my friend and this happened:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I completely missed that. I had to take down the entire right wall and a bunch of other things, including stairs and glass. That took FOREVER and I ran through an iron pick taking it down. I wish I could raise it up a block, though, so I can have a little patio.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #9424 on: April 29, 2011, 10:06:45 am »

I wish I could raise it up a block, though, so I can have a little patio.

You could lower the rest of the world.  It'll be worth it.  Go on.  You know you want to.

Or you could use something like the 'classic building' mod from Zombe's modpack.  Mark and copy the building, delete it by filling the marked area with air, paste the building back in.

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9425 on: April 29, 2011, 10:32:52 am »

I wish I could raise it up a block, though, so I can have a little patio.

You could lower the rest of the world.  It'll be worth it.  Go on.  You know you want to.

Or you could use something like the 'classic building' mod from Zombe's modpack.  Mark and copy the building, delete it by filling the marked area with air, paste the building back in.
I prefer Single Player Commands. Also, that was multiplayer. The house looks way nice, now. It has a nice little farm and path on it.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9426 on: April 29, 2011, 10:37:29 am »

D:

Why did you go through all that work? Just remove the right door and center a single door in the middle of your perfectly-spaced house! And possibly do that with the tower. What you did was make it... even.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Jack_Bread

• Bay Watcher
  • 100% FRESH ♥HIPPO♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #9427 on: April 29, 2011, 10:50:52 am »

D:

Why did you go through all that work? Just remove the right door and center a single door in the middle of your perfectly-spaced house! And possibly do that with the tower. What you did was make it... even.
I don't know, but I REALLY wanted double doors. :D That's not a tower, by the way. It's a attic window on a "slanted" part of the roof.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #9428 on: April 29, 2011, 12:59:13 pm »

Playing Survival Island 1-1 (same as Yogscast's), and I seem to have done a good job, regardless of limited supplies. While waiting for another tree to grow, I've been quarrying out the surrounding dirt, and artificially expanding my island, and essentially turning it into a big hole in the ground with a dirt igloo where the X was (X is the roof for now). When I think I've done more than enough damage to the landscape, I'll provide some comparison screens of what I've done. I'll need to think of a good fortress design to make in place of the island. Essentially, I'm still following the challenge rules.

UPDATE:
I don't think the island is recognizable as an island anymore. I've expanded my area by 5% (thank you sand blocks for sinking to the bottom easily, and being so easy to dig out), and I've excavated at least 75% of the island overall to a minimum of -3Z depth.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 02:09:15 pm by Itnetlolor »

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #9429 on: April 29, 2011, 02:56:09 pm »

You could just install the mod that they, in all likelihood, will be straight copypasta from, you know.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9430 on: April 29, 2011, 03:15:13 pm »

Notch said they were working with it to remove edge cases and make it a bit better suited for the slightly older tech level, so there has been some work on it. The fact that the other guy who was working on it took a week to do that shows they are not straight copying it.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9431 on: April 29, 2011, 04:08:10 pm »

I am gonna try my hand with mods, but I am not sure what I want to mess with because the way the data is stored, how has your experiences been with the mod loader?
Thank you based dwarf.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9432 on: April 29, 2011, 04:16:54 pm »

The fact that the other guy who was working on it took a week to do that shows they are not straight copying it.
Oh man, I can't tell you the number of hours I've wasted (eat me) screwing off when I should be fixing the 1 hour worth of work I had to do.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Biag

• Bay Watcher
  • Huzzah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9433 on: April 29, 2011, 04:40:26 pm »

Anyone else tried this Castlevania-themed adventure map? It's pretty damn fun so far (about a half-hour in), and it's supposed to be pretty damn long, too.

EDIT: fixed link.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2011, 08:39:24 pm by Biag »

PsyberianHusky

• Bay Watcher
  • The best at being the worst at video games.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9434 on: April 29, 2011, 04:41:58 pm »

Thats a linked to a webzone called "Castlevania-Themed"
Thank you based dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 627 628 [629] 630 631 ... 1380