Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2420258 times)

Leonon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #8550 on: April 02, 2011, 12:58:16 am »

I made a map using the seed "test" and found a wolf nearly instantly. Was disappointed though since I wanted to see the trippy graphics that GUIAPI would make for April fool's but I'm using 1.4 so it was normal.
Your taiga has too many tigers for wolves to spawn.
I want a snowglobe with a snowy forest in it, a Palmtop Taiga.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8551 on: April 02, 2011, 03:32:55 am »

Seen this?
Think somewhat like that, but done with a completely screwed up camera angle, instead of the actual blocks being moved.

Apparently the only way around it is to change the system time.  Highly inappropriate thing to put in.

Au contraire, it looks like oodles of fun.  Considering that it can be done, it'd be cool to have something like that as an actual mechanic, from eating too much mushroom soup or something.

Of course, first it should be possible to find more than three goddamn mushrooms in any given world.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8552 on: April 02, 2011, 04:05:21 am »

If you guys want a good new map, enter Halls as a seed. It's very nearly as epic as glacier IMO, just with more shear cliff and less overhang. I spawned at x = -249 z = 0, and there's a big pumpkin patch at x = -297 z = 31.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8553 on: April 02, 2011, 11:18:14 am »

Industrialcraft is back!

and I still haven't found any diamonds... so I can't mine obsidian, which means I can't enter the nether to gather glowstone to build miners to collect diamonds which I need to gather obsidian so I can...

I hate circular requirements! even artificial diamonds need obsidian, which means you must have natural diamonds.

since deep tunnels achieved nothing,  I'll craft a compass and explore

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8554 on: April 02, 2011, 11:20:40 am »

Typed in my username, found a massive land bridge.... Like the type you would expect to see in real life. Forgot the coordinates though :(

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8555 on: April 02, 2011, 11:23:18 am »

Minecraft forum seems to be running really slowly today.  Maybe because of the Industrialcraft update.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8556 on: April 02, 2011, 11:29:45 am »

Industrialcraft is back!

and I still haven't found any diamonds... so I can't mine obsidian, which means I can't enter the nether to gather glowstone to build miners to collect diamonds which I need to gather obsidian so I can...

I hate circular requirements! even artificial diamonds need obsidian, which means you must have natural diamonds.

You know, you can make a nether gate by making a mold for the gate one layer at a time, filling it with lava, cooling it, and then building the next layer. A little labor intensive, but probably takes less time than finding diamonds, making/finding obsidian, mining it, and then building it into a gate again and it requires no diamonds. This is how I usually make my gates anyway. I hate mining obsidian.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8557 on: April 02, 2011, 11:32:03 am »

Industrialcraft is back!

You know, you can make a nether gate by making a mold for the gate one layer at a time, filling it with lava, cooling it, and then building the next layer. A little labor intensive, but probably takes less time than finding diamonds, making/finding obsidian, mining it, and then building it into a gate again and it requires no diamonds. This is how I usually make my gates anyway. I hate mining obsidian.
Also, artificial diamonds could swap out obsidian with brick blocks, you know that, right?

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8558 on: April 02, 2011, 11:38:00 am »

uh... no, I didn't know that. last time I read the thread it was obsidian only!

the mold idea seems interesting too. and I may even have enough magma.

unfortunately, it is too late. I travelled a bit until I saw a vertical 30 block deep shaft. I am digging down to see what is there.

by the way, I heard you can use beds to change spawn points now... how does it work?

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #8559 on: April 02, 2011, 11:41:56 am »

uh... no, I didn't know that. last time I read the thread it was obsidian only!

the mold idea seems interesting too. and I may even have enough magma.

unfortunately, it is too late. I travelled a bit until I saw a vertical 30 block deep shaft. I am digging down to see what is there.

by the way, I heard you can use beds to change spawn points now... how does it work?
I don't know, it didn't change spawns for me, unless my attention span is that short. Try making your room's floor of sand.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #8560 on: April 02, 2011, 11:44:52 am »

If you are faster than a stoned snail, you don't even need the mold due to the speed at which lava travels. Just plop down the water adjacent to it and it will hard before either the lava or water get a chance to flow anywhere. Obsidian casting is actually much easier and in most cases faster than mining it out @ 15 seconds each.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #8561 on: April 02, 2011, 11:48:39 am »

Don't forget that you don't have to use the corners, either.
10 obsidian for a gate.  (Leads to some duplication possibility, the other side always generates the full 14)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Empty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8562 on: April 02, 2011, 12:27:32 pm »

Industrial craft 1.4 is out.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8563 on: April 02, 2011, 12:47:02 pm »

you are late.

but now, crafting recipes work too! time to download again.

I was lucky with the nether portal. I spawned in a cave connected to glowstone. and there is no duplicate portal when going back ( there used to be plenty of problems. I suppose notch fixed it).Unluckily, it is not connected to magma seas, which may make finding more glowstone hard.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8564 on: April 02, 2011, 01:12:05 pm »

That IndustrialCraft fella is k-raaazy! He's been basically releasing a new version with additional recipes every FEW HOURS.

Also thank goodness I can finally update. I want to see if Tesla work on doggies...
Pages: 1 ... 569 570 [571] 572 573 ... 1380