Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2423039 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #19095 on: December 12, 2014, 06:25:56 am »

I sort of want to play minecraft mods again, anybody have some recommendations for a modpack? Preferably one with a wiki or something to explain some of the stuff.

I'm playing the yogscast complete pack on the ATLauncher. It just seems to be the most mod packed one. Needs plenty of updates but so far the updated packs on FTB are just buggy. I don't think you will find a complete wiki for anything. Just google what you need, and ask here for other things. That's all you can really do.

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19096 on: December 12, 2014, 01:34:45 pm »

The two major ones a year ago were voxelmodpack and yogscast modpack. Voxel server went down awhile back "temporarily" so they may or may not be maintaining theirs, I'd probably go with yogscast for now.
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #19097 on: December 12, 2014, 02:11:47 pm »

Somebody recommended Resonant Rise so I'm using that now.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19098 on: December 12, 2014, 03:04:18 pm »

Resonant Rise, Yogscast, etc. are all to bloated for me. Lots of mods that you never use, taking up memory and processing time.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19099 on: December 12, 2014, 03:32:34 pm »

There's a really great third-party pack on the FTB Launcher called The Dark Trilogy. You should try that one.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19100 on: December 12, 2014, 06:19:40 pm »

Somebody recommended Resonant Rise so I'm using that now.
2 or 3? I'm playing experimental 3 on 1.7, loving it, but still finding my modpack options i like. 2 is great as it's like, done, at this point for the most part, pretty stable. still a little tweaking might be helpful though. the yog pack on the at launcher is resonant rise only more btw.

I wanna find a good resonant rise server for us, but my friend's server closed :<

GavJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19101 on: December 12, 2014, 10:03:53 pm »

Resonant Rise, Yogscast, etc. are all to bloated for me. Lots of mods that you never use, taking up memory and processing time.
I'm pretty sure yogscast has tick boxes for which ones you want active
Cauliflower Labs – Geologically realistic world generator devblog

Dwarf fortress in 50 words: You start with seven alcoholic, manic-depressive dwarves. You build a fortress in the wilderness where EVERYTHING tries to kill you, including your own dwarves. Usually, your chief imports are immigrants, beer, and optimism. Your chief exports are misery, limestone violins, forest fires, elf tallow soap, and carved kitten bone.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19102 on: December 12, 2014, 10:19:52 pm »

I'm pretty sure yogscast has tick boxes for which ones you want active
Yeah, but still. I demand my right to complain.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19103 on: December 12, 2014, 11:33:15 pm »

The right to complain is universal. Other people have the right to complain about your complaining by complaining at you.

On another topic, has anyone seen any mods for 1.8 yet? I've been searching and even following the Forge forums, but I haven't seen anything.
Nothing important here, move along.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19104 on: December 12, 2014, 11:58:12 pm »

shhh, i'm waiting for 1.7 mods still XD
In other resonate rise news, there's a big update coming to 3 soon

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #19105 on: December 13, 2014, 03:52:45 am »

On another topic, has anyone seen any mods for 1.8 yet? I've been searching and even following the Forge forums, but I haven't seen anything.
90% sure Minecraft Coder Pack for 1.8 isn't out yet, assuming MCP still even exists after all the Microsoft and copyright shenannygoats. Forge is based on MCP, and (most) mods are based on Forge. In other words, we'll be waiting a long time. Not as long as the 1.6-1.7 jump, but there's still a lot of major engine changes going on.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19106 on: December 13, 2014, 08:29:52 am »

Gonna rant a little. I hate whoever thought it was a good idea to put in a mod where holding shift and breaking a block with a tool rips up chunks of whatever you are breaking. Shift with a pick on some stone by mistake (and it's a habit of mine to hold shift while mining something) and massive holes are made. Do it on dirt with a shovel and suddenly the entire floor disappears. It is the most annoying mod I've seen rivaling mount & blade's shield bash mod.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #19107 on: December 13, 2014, 08:41:41 am »

What mod?

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19108 on: December 13, 2014, 09:27:33 am »

90% sure Minecraft Coder Pack for 1.8 isn't out yet, assuming MCP still even exists after all the Microsoft and copyright shenannygoats. Forge is based on MCP, and (most) mods are based on Forge. In other words, we'll be waiting a long time. Not as long as the 1.6-1.7 jump, but there's still a lot of major engine changes going on.

Forge has 1.8 out, actually. They're not relying on MCP anymore. The Forge version that's out is also pretty much a beta version, and they're going to limit releases until Minecraft reaches a point where it's not going to be getting updated for a while because Forge needs to be created whole-cloth now.
Nothing important here, move along.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19109 on: December 13, 2014, 10:23:21 am »

Gonna rant a little. I hate whoever thought it was a good idea to put in a mod where holding shift and breaking a block with a tool rips up chunks of whatever you are breaking. Shift with a pick on some stone by mistake (and it's a habit of mine to hold shift while mining something) and massive holes are made. Do it on dirt with a shovel and suddenly the entire floor disappears. It is the most annoying mod I've seen rivaling mount & blade's shield bash mod.
Two things, one the mod you want to disable to remove that would likely be veinminer, and two you can change what toggle key it uses.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 1272 1273 [1274] 1275 1276 ... 1380