Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425736 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13875 on: November 10, 2011, 12:14:06 am »

More like everyone already knows everything there is about minecraft already. Need to wait for 1.9 to be released.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #13876 on: November 10, 2011, 02:48:55 am »

The other side of EE is that, once you make it to the upper levels, you have tools that are far more effective than creative mode at allowing rapid construction. A ring for flight. Clearing up to a 64 (or was it 128) long 3x3 tunnel in a single click. Harvesting a massive area of trees. All of that still requires fuel, but another power item can absorb astoundingly massive quantities of fuel, so that you don't need a half-inventory of stacks just for half an hour of pre-megaproject terraforming.

On top of that, it adds a way to quickly place materials into flat surfaces (floors, walls, roofs), ways to destroy enemies, ways to take less damage, and, most importantly, ways to get just about any resource without having to specifically hunt it down.

So, it basically adds a lot of content past what regular minecraft would call the end of the endgame, allowing you to continue to the point that you have earned the equivalent of creative mode, and then beyond that.

Also, the condensers can be given a target item, and they will produce that specific item, if you give them the raw materials (fuel and a lower quality block to upgrade, fuel can be in the form of directly feeding it EMC, not just burning fuel items in it). This means that if you want to build a massive sandstone castle on a mountaintop in a snowy plain reaching as far as you can see, you don't have to carry each stack of sand from increasingly distant beaches or construct a vast rail network just to get the materials you need. Of course, once you have the machinery set up to get those resources, you could have carried in a full inventory or two, but what is more interesting, mining stack after stack of sand, or setting up and automating a system so that it produces more materials while you are building with what it has made so far?

Finally, storage. EE adds chests that can be placed next to each other without problems (as they don't combine into double chests), and can hold slightly more than 100 stacks. Or, for a higher investment, you can make one into a bag, that can be opened from anywhere. In fact, up to 16 of them, one for each colour. And if a bag is destroyed, it's contents aren't lost, as every bag of a certain colour links to the same magical inventory dimension, so all your stuff is safe, though you may need to seek out another two or three diamonds to get it all back.

Basically, an endgame beyond the endgame that can lead to a creative mode better than creative mode... And who can resist the power to rain lightning upon your foes and control the very sky itself so that the weather and even the sun and moon change on your whims?
Eh?
Eh!

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13877 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:58 am »

This thread is a bore for anyone who doesn't use IC and/or BC. 80% of the thread for the last 50-100 pages has been nothing but about those mods. I realize its on topic and there is nothing really wrong with it, but...

Actually I was considering bringing something related to this up, so now's the time for it I guess.

Why not split the minecraft thread into modded minecraft, and normal minecraft? People can talk about their mods in the modded thread and people can talk about vanilla in the vanilla minecraft thread.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13878 on: November 10, 2011, 02:59:35 am »

This thread is a bore for anyone who doesn't use IC and/or BC. 80% of the thread for the last 50-100 pages has been nothing but about those mods. I realize its on topic and there is nothing really wrong with it, but...

Actually I was considering bringing something related to this up, so now's the time for it I guess.

Why not split the minecraft thread into modded minecraft, and normal minecraft? People can talk about their mods in the modded thread and people can talk about vanilla in the vanilla minecraft thread.
Good idea. Which thread does this 950 page monstrosity does this one become?  :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13879 on: November 10, 2011, 03:31:45 am »

Ahh, it was started as a regular minecraft one. I'd say it should stay that.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13880 on: November 10, 2011, 03:33:28 am »

Op, new equivelent exchange doesn't agree with technic pack, got a saving chunks crash.

Guess I'll just throw new redpower and new equivelent exchange together and go to town.

Regarding this, it can be sorted if you fiddle about with the config files or use idresolver.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13881 on: November 10, 2011, 03:55:57 am »

Sadly however, it means this thread would pretty well die compared to the modded one :P
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

ECrownofFire

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Dragoness
    • View Profile
    • ECrownofFire
« Reply #13882 on: November 10, 2011, 06:08:18 am »

Sadly however, it means this thread would pretty well die compared to the modded one :P
Yeah, while a modded MC thread would do perfectly fine, the vanilla MC thread would just die off. Discussion isn't exactly even between them.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13883 on: November 10, 2011, 06:27:53 am »

I dunno, it seems like a lot of the vanilla people just aren't talking because tons of modded discussion is going on in this thread at all hours. That was what I took from it anyway.

And ideally this thread would be closed, and then the other two would be made, but it could certainly be converted to one of them.

shadenight123

• Bay Watcher
  • Death. To all. Except my dwarves.
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter
« Reply #13884 on: November 10, 2011, 06:37:09 am »

my minecraft isn't modded. and i did find interesting all the nuclear reactor things and such. that's why, when buildcraft and co get to official version, since i'm on prerelease 5, and when there will be an easier way to install mods than half destroying minecraft jar files, i'll try and build a nuclear power plant on my home server, and press the big red button when my brother starts building things next to it.
for the lulz.
>.>
“Well,” he said. “We’re in the Forgotten hunting grounds I take it. Your screams just woke them up early. Congratulations, Lyara.”
“Do something!” she whispered, trying to keep her sight on all of them at once.
Basileus clapped his hands once. The Forgotten took a step forward, attracted by the sound.
“There, I did something. I clapped. I like clapping,” he said. -The Investigator And The Case Of The Missing Brain.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #13885 on: November 10, 2011, 01:13:02 pm »

and when there will be an easier way to install mods than half destroying minecraft jar files,

Actually, mod installation is pretty easy after you've done it once or twice.  Instructions are on pretty much every mod thread in the minecraft forums.  Plus, some things like the Technic Pack have an installer, so all you have to do is point it at a folder with minecraft in it, choose what mods you want, and press install.

As to thread splitting:
I'm in favor of a split.  The people who like vanilla could get a thread of their own, and the mod thread could get a well organized OP, which could be used to catalog mods we like, packs we've made/seen, etc.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13886 on: November 10, 2011, 01:21:35 pm »

I'm guessing that the vanilla thread would be used for constructions, redstone contraptions, weird landscape features, things like that. Sharing maps and seeds might be good as well; Since the Super Hostile maps, for instance, are vanilla Minecraft they could be discussed there (though Simple Alchemy is suggested. Doesn't mean you have to use it  ;) ).
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13887 on: November 10, 2011, 01:45:47 pm »

Yeah, I used to check this thread for news/discussion about updates etc. but it's not really worth the slog through the massive amounts of mod-related discussion anymore. I will admit this has caused some resentment in my heart.
So I'd be cool with a split. :P

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #13888 on: November 10, 2011, 01:48:50 pm »

the people who do the op's should be active on the internet, to update the OP when needed.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #13889 on: November 10, 2011, 01:57:34 pm »

I hadn't seen much discussion of vanilla MC really so I didn't think anyone would mind a slight offtopic mod discussion
Pages: 1 ... 924 925 [926] 927 928 ... 1380