Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1380

Author Topic: Minecraft - It has blocks.  (Read 2425745 times)

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
Re: Minecraft - It has blocks.
« Reply #13890 on: November 10, 2011, 01:58:01 pm »

Yeah, modded Minecraft is still Minecraft, which is the subject of the discussion of this thread.
*Hugs*

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13891 on: November 10, 2011, 02:12:27 pm »

I hope no one ever talks about mods in the Skyrim thread.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13892 on: November 10, 2011, 02:28:21 pm »

I hope no one ever talks about mods in the Skyrim thread.

considering the most popular mods that are there for oblivion, I agree.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13893 on: November 10, 2011, 04:45:53 pm »

Yeah, modded Minecraft is still Minecraft, which is the subject of the discussion of this thread.

That's splitting hairs, and it's clear there's an issue, so why not do it? I could prolly maintain the OP of the main minecraft thread if no-one else wants to, as I do tend to keep up with updates (mostly through the yogscast admittantly, but)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13894 on: November 10, 2011, 04:48:45 pm »

Why on earth would people stop posting about what they want just because someone is talking about mods? It's a bit pathetic

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #13895 on: November 10, 2011, 04:51:44 pm »

Because nobody responds to the main minecraft posts, because the modded discussion is flying past them, and pushing the question or image in discussion far into the background.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13896 on: November 10, 2011, 04:56:03 pm »

I have read pretty much every post on this thread, but don't recall anything vanilla except something someone built on N@W. I don't think anyone is interested in discussing the various effects of potions or how many mooshrooms that sheared recently.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13897 on: November 10, 2011, 04:57:31 pm »

If five guys are talking about cars and a sixth pops in to discuss botany then someone overhears and joins in then another joins in because his aunt is a botanist then another..

A few people have expressed interest in Vanilla, so talk about it. I don't see the problem.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13898 on: November 10, 2011, 04:59:25 pm »

So..... Those pickaxes...

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13899 on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:33 pm »

Shouldn't we be making a seperate thread about the issue of discussing mods in the main Minecraft thread?

I agree with Briggsy16 though, there is nothing stopping anyone from posting their latest creations, modded or unmodded, at any time they like.  The topic changes fluidly, just like it did when everyone started talking about splitting threads.
Actual Minecraft updates get posted here whenever they appear, and if you really want to keep up to date you can just check the http://www.minecraftforum.net/ website and Notch's Twitter.

A thread devoted to the Technic Pack specifically wouldn't hurt though. It's the one mod(pack) that everyone keeps talking about and it's complex and different enough to get its own thread.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13900 on: November 10, 2011, 05:00:59 pm »

Aye I just got my Dark Matter Pickaxe

:D

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13901 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:27 pm »

Pah, cool kids use Red Matter tools 8)
*Hugs*

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13902 on: November 10, 2011, 05:01:56 pm »

I have some dark matter in the collector, it takes ages :(

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13903 on: November 10, 2011, 05:02:45 pm »

Shouldn't we be making a seperate thread about the issue of discussing mods in the main Minecraft thread?

I agree with Briggsy16 though, there is nothing stopping anyone from posting their latest creations, modded or unmodded, at any time they like.  The topic changes fluidly, just like it did when everyone started talking about splitting threads.
Actual Minecraft updates get posted here whenever they appear, and if you really want to keep up to date you can just check the http://www.minecraftforum.net/ website and Notch's Twitter.

A thread devoted to the Technic Pack specifically wouldn't hurt though. It's the one mod(pack) that everyone keeps talking about and it's complex and different enough to get its own thread.

I propose a new section in the forums, just like we have General Discussion, Other Games, we should have a section where threads discussing whether we should split other threads or not are posted.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13904 on: November 10, 2011, 05:03:52 pm »

Pffft, I got everything dark matter, well, in the 1.7 version.

I don't see the point in making seperate threads unless it's obvious that the vanilla thread will actual be active. No one seems to want to talk about vanilla, probably because the mods include everything that is vanilla.

The technic pack is a fad. Once Tale of a kingdom starts getting polished it's going to be the new fad. Once 1.9 comes out everyone will be talking about The End.
Pages: 1 ... 925 926 [927] 928 929 ... 1380