Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810365 times)

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #5220 on: October 14, 2009, 04:02:36 pm »

Ok.

I'm an unbiased observer (No, Seriously)

Everyone involved send me a PM, and i'll try to advise the parties affected.

It's worth a shot.

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: October 14, 2009, 04:05:40 pm »

We already talked about it, Jakkarra. Data, Nameless, Me, Beorn. Tp12 and Andrea were there too.

Alright. For now, I'm going to host our old code, where we could actually roleplay. I'll let you know when its up.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: October 14, 2009, 04:08:47 pm »

actually, i arrived late and just saw the end of it. But i guess it has something to do with data's habit of letting server run with bad, bad bugs.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: October 14, 2009, 04:12:24 pm »

Actually, andrea, it is the opposite problem. Data was being extremely quick to attempt to squash bugs, but he didn't inform anyone that he was going to be "abusing" his powers as an admin and the superpowers to do it.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: October 14, 2009, 04:14:57 pm »

I really dont wanna say but im must.

Told You so.

and the powers just makes people assholes anyway.
i hosted DATAS version on my own server for awhile the problem was the immense lag and super greifing because of those damm powers.
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Data

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi! Welcome to my post. My Message ->
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5225 on: October 14, 2009, 04:15:35 pm »

We already talked about it, Jakkarra. Data, Nameless, Me, Beorn. Tp12 and Andrea were there too.

We didn't talk at all in private. You did however talk with Nameless in private, who could've told you anything.

There's no reason to be ranting about the way you're doing. I've already sent a detailed explanation to Jakkarra. Unfortunately I didn't save a copy in my outbox so I hope he can forward it to you so you can see my side of the story.

On the bright side, I did manage to fix the Heal self power, and found a bug in Shapeshift during my "abuse". But thanks for trusting me.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: October 14, 2009, 04:17:25 pm »

Right... Good news, I got a full week of time to waste on coding coming up starting next Monday.
Ill probably get started on adding some admin role-play enhancement features...
don't care on which version Ill be coding actually. (well, as long as it has b12 in it of course :P.)

Also, Data. We don't mind your fixing of stuff, but your lack of communication before doing... well, anything.
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5227 on: October 14, 2009, 04:25:49 pm »

Also, Data. We don't mind your fixing of stuff, but your lack of communication before doing... well, anything.

I didn't realize this was some kind of special mode, because multiple special modes were before it. Is Nameless2 some kind of "special mode master" and does he host special modes every round? If so, how are these rounds "special" exactly?

I'm OK with communicating things, but I didn't realize that the mode was so special. I thought it was just a regular company mode, and I could join in. Also, any player could've gotten the powers I was using, and I wasn't even using them to ruin the game for others - all I did was stun a couple of players in order to make my escape, then Nameless started complaining about his shuttle leaving (which I didn't touch, so wtf) and rebooted the game without cause.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: October 14, 2009, 04:32:32 pm »

Right, I probably haven't made that clear yet... I disagreed with nameless his actions more than yours, so you can get the idea that I'm siding with him out of your head.
In fact... I'm still not entirely sure about when and why bay12 and you started working together.
(I missed out on the delights of ss13 for about a week on the count of parents divorcing.)
Untill recently, before stocks ran out, it rained cats and dogs in my fortress...

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: October 14, 2009, 04:46:03 pm »

If everyone could PM me what they think about this Nameless situation, that would help greatly. This is something I'm not too sure about what happened.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5230 on: October 14, 2009, 04:49:58 pm »

Right, I probably haven't made that clear yet... I disagreed with nameless his actions more than yours, so you can get the idea that I'm siding with him out of your head.

I don't have an idea of you siding with him in my head. I have an idea of you thinking that round of "company" was some kind of 'special' game mode. Which was probably hosted by Nameless. Because he apparently tries to control the game all the time.

In fact... I'm still not entirely sure about when and why bay12 and you started working together.
(I missed out on the delights of ss13 for about a week on the count of parents divorcing.)

I originally gave Nameless2 the SS13DL source-code and ss13.net domain because I was "meh" about it: I had left it all behind, and I was focusing on others things. Besides, I had school coming along for the ride.

Eventually, Nameless contacts me because he wanted to add a "johbson" to the users, and I was the only one who could add new users since I wanted to keep tabs on what he did with my domain. One thing led to another, and I met you Bay12ers and I decided - especially now that the new Heroes episodes are coming out - to help you guys out with making an awesome SS13 version that may eventually rival the Goonstation.

Because Johbson's server was so far away, and because I was making a lot of changes and liked to update at my own pace, I gave my own computer up for donation to host the Bay12 server. I went to work and got a system in place - one which you've seen - that allows trusted individuals to start & stop the server in case it crashes or an update is made by someone other than me.

What I really hate is that I provided all these services, and I worked on the game for a couple of days, slaving off on it, just to get yelled at when I happen to join the game with the name "Gabriel Gray" and give myself a bunch of powers. Sure, it's unfair, but you can think of it as payment for my services: I fix bugs and add features, and in return I can dick around a bit (but not too much).

My thoughts on role-playing are quite different from others. I don't just think about playing a role, I also think about making sure someone else is still enjoying the game. In the past this led to me abusing my powers to revive people a lot on abandon mob-less servers. At present I try to avoid doing things like that since they may not always be welcome. I do however make sure that I don't let my character go out of line: if I have to go through someone, I stun them. Under no circumstance should I kill unless I have no choice, and even then I should find some kind of way to legally revive them.

The latter case happened in the round that went bad: I had all these powers, and my character was of course craving for more. I knew a lot of players had powers, and I could sense them, but I refrained from picking a target until I knew that I could reverse any damage. Then I met some guy who had the "Heal others" ability and decided to make him my target, so I could use the power afterward to revive anyone I took powers from.

Except people were ganging up on me, so I knocked them all out for 90 seconds with my electricity zap-zap attack and using telekinesis to disarm people. Then I took the power of that guy and used his own power to revive him.

Then Nameless started rambling, removed all of my powers using the "Take Power" command (which only serves to piss me off) and rebooted the game before the people I stunned could even move again.

So yeah, I removed his developer access. Because his developer uselessness (not coding or designing or anything) + complaints from others + my own pissed off mood but especially the addition of "oh god he used his powers on a fellow admin AGAIN" came to that conclusion.

tp12

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: October 14, 2009, 05:02:48 pm »

I shouldn't be having arguments at 23:59 PM, So to avoid placing any stupid replies I'm just gonna go sleep now. I've sent Johbson a PM about what I think about Nameless... And cant really recall why there was so much yelling at you, and none at Nameless. Ill read how it went tomorrow.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5232 on: October 14, 2009, 05:05:19 pm »

Data, it couldn't be that people attacked you, in what they thought was a SERIOUS round, when they saw you attacking and stealing others powers, could it? You informed no one that you were testing, and then you complain when other people kill you for stealing powers. Which was it?
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Data

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • SS13.net (Bay12 SS13)
« Reply #5233 on: October 14, 2009, 05:09:51 pm »

Data, it couldn't be that people attacked you, in what they thought was a SERIOUS round, when they saw you attacking and stealing others powers, could it? You informed no one that you were testing, and then you complain when other people kill you for stealing powers. Which was it?

I was testing by playing: by playing the game and attaining powers, I was testing how they would feel in a live game. I was still role-playing the entire way.

So when I met that guy with the ability to heal others, I mentioned I sensed he had that power and that I had the power (and hunger) to kill people to steal their powers. I was giving him notice that I may soon use my powers against him to try to steal his. I was also saying things like "It would be far preferable to allow me to take your power, since I'll be able to use it to revive anyone I kill in the future".

Others overheard, and soon people started going against poor Gabriel for making threats like that. So  I stunned everyone by using two powers at the same time (telekinesis and electro-zap) and I killed the guy who had the "heal others" power, then when he was dead I took his power and used it on him to revive the guy. Just as I was about to walk out of the room and run like hell because everybody was about to wake up, Nameless removed my powers, started blabbing about me "ruining the game" and restarted the server.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: October 14, 2009, 05:16:55 pm »

Testing by playing is great. You have to at least let the other admins know that you are doing that though. Especially during a serious round with what is supposed to be next to no admin involvement other then giving powers to new arrivals.

Also, just remove that power. I don't care if its in Hero's, other powers do the same thing, and don't involve killing people. If someone has the learn power power, and wants to RP sylar while the traitor or something, they can still kill the person. I think there are other powers that should be removed as well, but I will wait on those.
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 950