Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 810935 times)

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #4755 on: September 30, 2009, 06:12:26 pm »

If the drama is bubbling up again, I'd appreciate it if it could have its lid put back on.  I've removed a giant lolcat.

I'm sorry, ill stop.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Smitehappy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: September 30, 2009, 06:49:28 pm »

This thread has been on the verge of deletion so many times it's a wonder it's still around.
Interestingly, Armok's name actually originates from arm_ok, a variable in one of Toady's earlier games that kept track of how many of your arms weren't missing.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: September 30, 2009, 07:17:17 pm »

If the drama is bubbling up again, I'd appreciate it if it could have its lid put back on.  I've removed a giant lolcat.

Hee Hee

This sentence cracks me up for some reason.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: September 30, 2009, 11:37:45 pm »

Back on the topic of extended rounds, there really isn't anything worth doing on extended mode other then build another room, which isn't really worth it. It always ends up with either slaughter, crashing, or random event that forces evac.

Is there a way for people to revive at a revive point or something? Then we could do things like capture the flag.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: September 30, 2009, 11:48:20 pm »

Well, in the last extended I played, we were gonna start a second station on the AI sat teleporter room, when an uncalled and unannounced plasma storm wrecked the station, and someone blew up the AI sat teleporter as I tried to organize an evac to it. So yeah. Still, was gonna set up trading between the two stations, making chemicals and trading for booze and oxygen. Maybe lead some raiding parties or something, not sure.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4760 on: October 01, 2009, 06:54:31 am »

Would tie in well to a "particle collector". Results would be based on number of space turfs nearby and devided by the number of other collectors(plus one), to encourage putting them in lone empty spaces.

Then you would take advantage of an empty Z-level to start a resource farm.

You could trade with the AI sat chemistry labs, who pass on some of the resources from the main station...
Eh?
Eh!

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 01, 2009, 07:38:13 am »

Blah blah blah...

Here's an another suggestion:
If you use a lit welder, you can hit a electrified grille without a shock, With a 1/10 or 1/8 chance that you accidentally hit the grille with the metal part and get electrified

If that's a no-no. How about the same thing with the Energy Sword but without the fumble chance.
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Cecilff2

• Bay Watcher
  • PikaaAAAAあああああ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: October 01, 2009, 09:39:36 am »

Hee Hee

This sentence cracks me up for some reason.

You wouldn't happen to be the same puzzlemaker that used to play this about 6 years ago, would you?
There comes a time when you must take off the soft, furry slippers of a boy and put on the shoes of a man.
Unless of course they don't fit properly and your feet blister up like bubble wrap.
Oh ho ho, but don't try to return the shoes, because they won't take them back once you've worn them.
Especially if that fat pig Tony is at the desk.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: October 01, 2009, 10:07:10 am »

The problem with extended is that it has no motives to do anything.
If admins came up with some kind of mission or something, then it'd be good.

For example, as Beorn said, Making the outpost on the AI teleporter station was totally bodacious (although argueably doomed by the lack of power).
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 01, 2009, 10:28:09 am »

The problem with extended is that it has no motives to do anything.
If admins came up with some kind of mission or something, then it'd be good.

For example, as Beorn said, Making the outpost on the AI teleporter station was totally bodacious (although argueably doomed by the lack of power).
Dang right! I was part of the builder group (and the first to pass out.. hehe)
GENERATION 10:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 01, 2009, 10:35:43 am »

Actually, the only thing that would have needed power would have been the teleporter room. I think any new constructions are automatically powered, at least until buildable powernets are added.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 01, 2009, 11:13:56 am »

Yes, but that's not what I was refering to,
I was , actually, refering to the lack of power on the main station.
That + Plasma storm made our outpost more like a Hidey Hole.
Also, I think we should have made our outpost INSIDE the actual AI satellite, it would have been awesome.
Also server please?

Oh and this: I'd like to apologise to any of those who experienced my quite frankly shit admin abuse and such. I've been having a rough few days (inb4lame), and I guess I subconsciously found an outlet in abusing people.
Sorry.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #4767 on: October 01, 2009, 11:24:56 am »

If enough intrest is shown, I *could* rewrite the powernets slightly, so that they depend less on the area and more on the APC, though lighting will hve to remain area-based.

(SS81 desn't have areas at all, so lighting is more complex and advanced, and player constructable, but mapping is harder as a result)

Also, can anyone confirm if the server still crashes? Does engine-burning the generator rooms cause crashes now? And if not, then can you confirm or deny the existance of common crashes? If it is 100% stable, then I should get back to adding more features to destabilize it :) ... Or working on SS81. Pipes need code, and objects being air-pushed. And air exchange to an extent. And air/object temperature. And fire. And then, with atmospherics in, add actual fun things...
Eh?
Eh!

Skibiliano

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 01, 2009, 11:34:44 am »

If enough intrest is shown, I *could* rewrite the powernets slightly, so that they depend less on the area and more on the APC, though lighting will hve to remain area-based.

(SS81 desn't have areas at all, so lighting is more complex and advanced, and player constructable, but mapping is harder as a result)

Also, can anyone confirm if the server still crashes? Does engine-burning the generator rooms cause crashes now? And if not, then can you confirm or deny the existance of common crashes? If it is 100% stable, then I should get back to adding more features to destabilize it :) ... Or working on
SS81. Pipes need code, and objects being air-pushed. And air exchange to an extent. And air/object temperature. And fire. And then, with atmospherics in, add actual fun things...

SS81? Also, are you going to update the axe sprites with the ones I made?

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 01, 2009, 11:45:03 am »

ss81 is startin to sound pretty awesome.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 950