Genetic Additions
- 98 (37.8%)
Mess Hall
- 50 (19.3%)
Revamped Area
- 44 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 257

Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 950

Author Topic: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*  (Read 808639 times)

Rift

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station 13 *READ RULES ON FIRST POST*
« Reply #10140 on: April 12, 2010, 08:24:11 am »

incidently, are there any insulated gloves on station?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10141 on: April 12, 2010, 08:27:27 am »

incidently, are there any insulated gloves on station?

Yep, about 4-5 sets

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #10142 on: April 12, 2010, 08:33:03 am »

3 sets. In Electrical storage.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10143 on: April 12, 2010, 08:34:36 am »

It's a pain in the rear, trying to keep them protected.  They need to be part of engineering proper. Which needs more than one person.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #10144 on: April 12, 2010, 08:41:16 am »

Server will be back up.

this is properly what casued the lockup.

Looks like it could likely be fixed by checking for a null src, although I don't see how that could happen at all...
Eh?
Eh!

head

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoop Whoop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10145 on: April 12, 2010, 08:55:10 am »

Well. i have no idea.

They might get destroyed too fast?

added a if(!src)
                  return

to the proc
Dev on Baystation12- Forums
Steam Username : Headswe

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #10146 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:48 am »

Also, admin's shouldn't ban without asking first, at least in my opinion.

Admin: Hey, you mind if I ban you?
Griefer: Uhh, yeah, I mind, don't do it.
Admin: Oh, okay.
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10147 on: April 12, 2010, 10:13:00 am »

The lag on the server is amazing, it has to be a record here
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 10:42:46 am by nuker w »

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10148 on: April 12, 2010, 11:06:11 am »

Yes, but this time it wasn't really a ban appeal, as much as questioning the reason of the ban, as the admins gave none, and had no discussion on it. Thread clutter is inevitable, because this thread is either this, or updates.

I really don't think someone should get banned for standing there at the wrong time, or laying something behind you, to keep people from killing you when you are almost dead.

The problem here is that the admins banned without any discussion, two dead people, one of which was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

And how should we know who banned us, when they didn't even give us a reason, or contact us in any way?

And appealing Via PMs is good for getting unbanned after awhile, but when you are banned instantly, you want to know why then, instead of in a day or so.

The Admin's can see who banned you. Hey, I thought it gives you a message too...
Also, admin's shouldn't ban without asking first, at least in my opinion.
We really need an admin code....be polite to players, don't abuse powers, ect.

There is this kind of stuff in the MOTD.  :P

Can someone get me some code, please?

EDIT- Alright, thanks for that, Head, when you need a break for today, let me know, I can host. Googloplexed has me on his steam friends thing, so tell him to let me know, or, better yet, if you use steam, let me know yourself.  :P
[DFC] The Magnificent Johbson
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 11:37:06 am by Dr. Johbson »

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10149 on: April 12, 2010, 11:51:25 am »

hey qwerty, if you haven't done so with your new pipes system, can you add support for pipelines crossing Z levels, e.g. a pipe on (3, 3, 1) can connect to a pipe on (3, 3, 2) with the right d1/d2 vars?

Wouldn't be too hard, but the difficult part would be the icons. For regular pipes, 9 new directions, and each direction has multiple states, then another 9 for heat sinks, two for each existing pipe object other than the manifold and filters, since they have 3 connections, needing 8 images...

Would you be happy if I just added a new pipe type for cross-level pipes, or would you like a full system with 0x10 as up and 0x20 as down, to add to the other bits used in directions?

Also, why do admin's need to jump? Jump-To-Mob, Get-Mob are the only tele-commands I can think of needing, and they still work.

Observe works too. So...what do ya need the jumping for?

Well, admins do more than just administration of players.
They *can* edit their own x, y, and z vars, but being able to instantly go to any area on the map has massive advantages. *Especially* while testing code, and that makes anyone with the experience to remove it want to leave it in...

Even just one or two is fine, we don't need a full set.  I don't mean any pipe can do it, I mean like a ?-1, ?-2, ?-4, and ?-8 set of pipes, where ? is up, and the other directions are horizontal only.  Then you can just copy the graphics and use a different first number as the down direction.
<@TRS[DF]> I'll drive this place into the ground faster than Boatmurdered

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10150 on: April 12, 2010, 11:52:09 am »

Oh, and then I read you as saying you'll do it the "complete" way, whoops :P

Pick Yer Poison

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch yer back, soldier.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10151 on: April 12, 2010, 11:59:38 am »

It's a pain in the rear, trying to keep them protected.  They need to be part of engineering proper. Which needs more than one person.
The problem with insulated gloves is that you nearly always need them as a Station Engineer, but you don't spawn with them and there are only three pairs. People just grab them and leave most of the other stuff (except maybe the multitool), because you don't really need the electrical tool box for anything but fixing cables (the toolbox has all of its tools) and Engineers already start with a t-ray scanner.

Maybe you could make some kind of glove dispenser, or a glove rack/cabinet of some sort?

And woo, my first post on the forums here. o/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 12:27:23 pm by Pick Yer Poison »

Pick Yer Poison

GENERATION 12: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Lend a hand to the Bay Station 12 Space Station 13 wiki!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10152 on: April 12, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »

Also, I mention this fairly constantly in game, but HEADS OF SECURITY DO NOT NEED INSULATED GLOVES!!! If you discover an electrified door, the proper thing to do is call for engineering. I propose we make insulated gloves prevent the use of batons and t/lazers. Head of Maintanence, yeah, hes head of engineering. Engineers, yeah. Supplies are being snagged way too often for my tastes, especially since there is no reason for people to run around in gas masks and firesuits all round.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10153 on: April 12, 2010, 12:31:36 pm »

The problem with insulated gloves is that you nearly always need them as a Station Engineer, but you don't spawn with them and there are only three pairs. People just grab them and leave most of the other stuff (except maybe the multitool), because you don't really need the electrical tool box for anything but fixing cables (the toolbox has all of its tools) and Engineers already start with a t-ray scanner.

Maybe you could make some kind of glove dispenser, or a glove rack/cabinet of some sort?

And woo, my first post on the forums here. o/

Lies. Crowbar.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Sukasa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10154 on: April 12, 2010, 12:32:06 pm »

Engineers start with a crowbar in their backpack
Pages: 1 ... 675 676 [677] 678 679 ... 950