Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Murdering elves...  (Read 1444 times)

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
Murdering elves...
« on: May 01, 2009, 07:37:27 pm »

Nono, not the act, the title. This world was generated to 1050... we have a few 1049 year old goblins and stuff like that and...

Elves on a rampage. They've wiped out several human civilizations (that I've found so far), and even make serious dents in the dwarven population. Seriously, this stuff isn't supposed to happen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
マグマキッド

Captain Xenon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murdering elves...
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 10:37:45 pm »

This is why Armok gave you magma. you know what to do!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 10:46:52 pm »

I was unaware that Elves could kill dwarfs in large numbers, let alone win a battle against them. Destroy that world. Put it in the recycle bin, empty the recycle bin, reinstall your operating system, throw the unholy machine out the window, and burn the remains so as to appease the blood god who must be furious at the simple idea of elves winning against dwarfs... Magma might work too

Wild Goose

• Bay Watcher
  • My Avatar Has Something Green. Yay solidarity!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 11:12:19 pm »

No, then they'll be free.  Besides, you probably need that world, to preserve the balance in the others.

Too bad you can't save this one for Army Arc.  That would be a perfect world, ripe for cleansing and conquest.
"Adventurer's Motto; Take everything not nailed down and nail down whoever tries to stop you."

"Whatever happens, we have got the ballista and they have not."

The dwarven economy is just a stand-in, from what I understand. As it is, it represents an actual economic system about as well as poison ivy represents a salad.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2009, 11:13:56 pm »

The attack of slings, ironically no one uses slings.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 12:56:30 am »

Holy cow. Those must be some hardcore elves. Have you looked some of them up in legends? How bad ass are they?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Eviltyphoon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 03:05:03 am »

Holy cow. Those must be some hardcore elves. Have you looked some of them up in legends? How bad ass are they?

Elves are never badass.
"If you can't build a tower upon a sheer cliff face over which you may throw precisely one hundred and fifty-two kittens and seven stalwart dwarves to their explosive doom some fifty stories below, then brother, your game ain't much of a sandbox, is it?"

Dr. Johbson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 03:48:54 am »

I was unaware that Elves could kill dwarfs in large numbers, let alone win a battle against them. Destroy that world. Put it in the recycle bin, empty the recycle bin, reinstall your operating system, throw the unholy machine out the window, and burn the remains so as to appease the blood god who must be furious at the simple idea of elves winning against dwarfs... Magma might work too

No! Never! You must not give up! You must hold a last stand against the elves, and battle them back to the pits! Back to the molten pits! It is now up to you, to repel these elves, and save the world, as well as the world's dignity. So- wait for them to come, for in time, they shall, and then they shall be torn apart by the fury of The Last Dwarves!TM

Lord_Shadow

• Bay Watcher
  • [UNDEAD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 02:23:19 pm »

I agree you must stand and fight, you must fight those elves from your rocky homes with burring magma, to their grassy forest citadels, the dwarven race will survive this dark tide! Armok will protect you on this quest!
Urist McCarpenter cancels rest: QUITSCREWINGWITHMAHBUCKETSYOUSONOFABITCHES!!!
Urist Mccarpenter has gone stark raving mad!
Urist McWalrusCarpenter cancels rest: Has u seen mah bukkit?!

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 06:06:41 pm »

Awww... but I like the idea of purging the elves with a holy(-ish) computerfire

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 08:45:09 pm »

Are you sure that the Humans and Dwarves didn't just LAUGH themselves to death when they were told that the Elves were attacking? It would explain the facts...
Never pet a burning dog.

The Mad Engineer

• Bay Watcher
  • Tock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 09:48:23 pm »

Embark on every elven retreat, and do the "Scour the Earth" challenge.

Lord Dullard

• Bay Watcher
  • Indubitably.
    • View Profile
    • Cult: Awakening of the Old Ones
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:08 pm »

Elves are never badass.

Huh.. I dunno. Look in the OP's picture. Alu Windcosmos the Gleeful Cremation of Earth got his toe torn off and then his mouth smashed in by the dwarf he was fighting, and he went on to kill the dwarf anyway.

Also, I remember a topic posted quite a while back about an insane world-gen elf who went on a gigantic murder spree. The name was <something>lala Falalalala or something ridiculous like that. It was pretty epic.

azazel

• Bay Watcher
  • Department of Redundancy Department
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2009, 07:03:08 am »

How's this?

mostly children, it seems. There are quite a few dead elves with an impressive kill record as well (I found one what killed both a giant and a cyclops, as well as a score of humans). This one, however, is still alive.
マグマキッド

stormbringer951

• Bay Watcher
  • Semper Dwarfius
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2009, 07:13:53 am »

27 kills is not impressive.

I had an elf who killed and devoured a demon :). Yeah, that world had around a 10:1 ratio of elves:other creatures
ahh, the internet, where all that you need to aquire the blueprints of war-capable submarines is an email account
Ironblood vs Morul. Natural badassery vs intense lifetime training. Nothing will survive.
Pages: [1] 2