Change it to a Jester with the loss of the Next Day phase
- 4 (16%)
Remove it entirely
- 9 (36%)
Other (explain)
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 117

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion  (Read 142452 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia Game - Rules Discussion
« Reply #270 on: July 01, 2009, 05:39:25 pm »

Ok, here is the voting sheet. I've included all current and proposed roles. Feel free to vote Yes or No for each role.

Vote Sheet under spoiler:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If you have any questions about a role, check out its description on the First Page. If that doesn't answer your questions, just ask.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: July 01, 2009, 06:38:39 pm »

I might as well throw my two cents in.

Ok, here is the voting sheet. I've included all current and proposed roles. Feel free to vote Yes or No for each role.

Vote Sheet under spoiler:

If you have any questions about a role, check out its description on the First Page. If that doesn't answer your questions, just ask.

The text becomes way small for some reason.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: July 09, 2009, 07:56:37 am »

I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: July 10, 2009, 02:42:46 pm »

Rysith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: July 10, 2009, 03:56:58 pm »

Lanternwebs: a community fort
Try my orc mod!
The OP deserves the violent Dwarven equivalent of the Nobel Peace Prize.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: July 10, 2009, 04:04:49 pm »

To answer the 'what are these' questions that I noticed:

Mindknife: This player can kill through one of two methods each night. Creating Heart-Stopping Nightmares will kill any player who is not taking an action that they PMed to Meph that night. Inducing Mind-Rending Hallucinations will kill any player who is taking an action that they PMed to Meph. Amnesia victims are weak to Nightmares. This player may be Townie or Dopp, but to get the kill must guess correctly whether their target is going to be active that night.

Silent Specter: A Dead player who returns as a Ghost. The Silent Specter can vote but not speak (including PMs). Town-aligned
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: July 10, 2009, 06:25:46 pm »

Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Archangel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: July 10, 2009, 06:41:15 pm »

There's about 25 of the fuckers and the three sarge killed were at point blank range - it's got to be zombies or a bunch of really dumb terrorists with knives.
My full sig

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: July 14, 2009, 12:17:26 pm »

That's 9 vote sheets, can I get some more? We had 18 people round 6, and a few players from previous games who weren't in this round, so hopefully we can get more votes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: July 14, 2009, 12:18:37 pm »

« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 11:13:05 am by Org »

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #280 on: July 16, 2009, 11:06:53 am »

Edit:
- Modified wording after Medium.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 01:13:19 pm by JanusTwoface »
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: July 16, 2009, 11:38:11 am »

Alright, a very controversial set of rule changes have taken place... during the endgame...

To sum them up:

-Double lynches are no longer allowed during lylo.
-Forcing the game to end today, with no chance of a no lynch. If no one is lynched, everyone is presumeably killed and everyone loses.

Basically, this foils the guaranteed victory I've been plotting for weeks now. I'm not very happy about this, as you might very well imagine, and I've described it to Meph as a "jerk move".

I feel it's not in the GM's rights to spontaneously, arbitrarily, and drastically alter the rules to his game, especially when they're literally written in stone on the first post. I've been working very hard to use the rules to my every advantage to secure victory, and right when it's within grasp, Meph goes "Sorry, to make things interesting, I'm undoing all your work" and I don't like this, and I feel the rule changes should be rescinded.

Now, I can see where he's coming from, he wants to keep the game "interesting", because I've set up an unwinnable scenario for the dopps from behind the scenes. I set it up so at night, they simply cannot attack someone without being incriminated. Please keep in mind that I set up this situation exactly because of this conundrum for them, because, as a member of the town, it is basically impossible for the town to lose, as stipulated by the fact that under the previous rules, the game would have ended today, with a 100% chance of town victory, as the two suspects of being dopps could simply be coaxed into a double-lynch, and thus getting rid of the last dopp for certain.

Now, I can understand Meph's desire to make things "fair" but, to give a metaphor, this is as aggravating as a deus ex machina-style ending to an ordinarily great movie, so I'll suggest rules to place into future paranormal games, to prevent drawn out games.

-the dopps can only forego two consecutive kills, where on the third night they're forced to choose out of hunger. Kills from mad scientist's assassin bot are not factored into this.

-the game is given a definite end date, determined at the beginning, where, for example, it'll say that the game ends at the end of day 10, where all parties that haven't yet reached their goal lose automatically, with the exception of the survivor alien, and maybe the agent seeking alien.

-no more double lynches at lylo.

How about that? Because I feel that these rule changes are unfair, should be rescinded and that the gaps in the rules should be amended in future games, as opposed to immediately right in the middle of the game.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: July 16, 2009, 11:41:26 am »

I understand where you are coming from, Josh. But we have to see what Meph says.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: July 16, 2009, 11:47:22 am »

I'll suggest rules to place into future paranormal games, to prevent drawn out games.

-the dopps can only forego two consecutive kills, where on the third night they're forced to choose out of hunger. Kills from mad scientist's assassin bot are not factored into this.

-the game is given a definite end date, determined at the beginning, where, for example, it'll say that the game ends at the end of day 10, where all parties that haven't yet reached their goal lose automatically, with the exception of the survivor alien, and maybe the agent seeking alien.

-no more double lynches at lylo.

How about that? Because I feel that these rule changes are unfair, should be rescinded and that the gaps in the rules should be amended in future games, as opposed to immediately right in the middle of the game.

Hmm...not a bad set of rules. If other people like them I'll add them to the official rules set.

As for the changes for this game, I can see why you're upset. I also imagine that the dopps are equally upset at being forced into a no-win situation. So I tried to change things to give us a nice tense either-side-can-win situation. If the surviving players hate it and all want to be able to double-lynch and end the game that way I'll allow it. But personally I think it's more of a game if you have the uncertainty of trying to figure out who the remaining dopp is and taking a chance with your victory. It's not like I'm handing the dopps an automatic victory, I'm just trying to give them a chance to win so there is an interesting game to play.

The problem with the Ghost last round was that it basically took the game away from everyone. I'm trying to avoid those situations where everyone is sitting around going 'well, gee, obviously we do X and we win.'

I just don't think that's as fun all around, but I'm willing to hear everyone's opinions and I'll change things if that's what everyone really wants.
Come play Mafia with us!

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: July 16, 2009, 12:00:50 pm »

Grrrr....I'd rather win then go through this drama.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 117