Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Rababod : A Post-Apocalyptic Community Fortress  (Read 2604 times)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
Rababod : A Post-Apocalyptic Community Fortress
« on: April 27, 2009, 05:32:11 am »

Bloody bastards, they never change.

It has been 150 years since the world died in a nuclear firestorm, with pitchblende-adamantite bombs raining down upon the cities of the world.

We are Dantan Rimtar, The Iron of Castles. We were part of the Brotherhood of Steel, an attempt to hold onto the world we lost. We were all cast out of the main brotherhood for various crimes, each big enough to warrant exile without being severe enough to justify death. They didn't call it exile, of course. No, they called it "an expedition to found a frontier outpost". When we set out there was around about two dozen of us; 7 remain today.

Most of our supplies were lost en route to this hellhole and what remains is pitiful, but it should tide us over until we can make a farm. I just hope we survive that long.

My name is Kast Idenrab, and I'm gonna keep us alive out here.

The 6 who came with me:

The Miner/mason

The Miner/engraver

The Hunter/butcher/tanner

The farmer/brewer

The Farmer/Cook (brother and sister, at least, I think they are)

The Woodcutter/carpenter/axedwarf

I really ought to learn their names.

Get yer Dwarf Brotherhood member now!

This is my first community fort, and feedback is appreciated.

Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Rababod : A Post-Apocalyptic Community Fortress
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 09:19:53 am »

A couple of questions:

Vanilla DF or fallout mod?

Will there be pictures?

Can you show us the site?

Good start so far!

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 05:07:14 pm »

Fallout mod.

Yes, there will be pictures

And here you go:

Not too bad for a post-apocalyptic wasteland, but this is a place I searched for a while to find.
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 05:37:22 pm »

Your intro needs more Ron Perlman. And talk about how war never changes.

I'll take the miner/engraver.

Name: Jim
Description: An amateur historian, he learned how to carve history onto stone, reasoning that it was the only lasting record of humanity through time and war. He was exiled because...

Oh, dammit, I don't know what offense he would have committed to be exiled. I'll suppose I'll come up with that later.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

geoduck

• Bay Watcher
  • mollusk
    • View Profile
    • Geoduck's Page
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 06:05:42 pm »

Name: Jim
Description: An amateur historian, he learned how to carve history onto stone, reasoning that it was the only lasting record of humanity through time and war. He was exiled because...

Oh, dammit, I don't know what offense he would have committed to be exiled. I'll suppose I'll come up with that later.

Because he insisted on recording the history of those filthy sky-loving humans.  :)
Geoduck's graphic set: simple and compact!

scuba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 06:17:17 pm »

i'll take the other miner
name: ascubis
was exiled for the killing of the brotherhoods leader's dog. hey! he stole my food what do u want me to do <_<.(can i become a swordie after u get some more miners?)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 06:21:17 pm »

I'll claim the hunter/butcher/tanner.

Name: Kandor
Description: Brother Kandor is an odd one, to say the least. always jittery, always nervous. Except, of course, when he's on the right end of a rifle. Laser, sniper, any longgun will do. He learned how to clean and butcher after he turned his skills to bringing down prey for the party to eat.

Not a clue why he would get exiled. Maybe the elders just got tired of his constant stuttering?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 06:29:56 pm »

Woodcutter.

Name him AUUUUURRRGGGHHHHHH.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2009, 06:31:53 pm »

Damn, there was a screwup, seems I've got two masons instead of a mason and an engraver, sorry.

Oh, well. Heres Jim, he's going to be my primary engraver still.

Rather nice guy, good artist too. Now, if only I knew how to read....

Here's Ascubis, who shall be the main mason.

Nice person, I wonder why they wanted to get rid of her.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 06:40:50 pm by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2009, 07:41:10 pm »

sounds fun! 'fraid your gonna have to explain the fallout mod to me. not familiar with that one

Baltiel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2009, 08:31:51 pm »

I'd like a Marksman named Titus please.

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2009, 10:02:18 pm »

Useful and a good hunter, one has to wonder what makes him so damn jumpy though.

The woodcutter, with a name like that, you bet I'm staying far away.

http://mkv25.net/dfma/map-5662-rababod

This is where we're gonna die. Seems nice enough

The fallout mod makes the world a desert wasteland, with vicious mutants, terrifying horrors and high-tech weaponry and amour.

This wasteland is fought over by many differing factions, such as the sheltered Vault dwellers, the murderous supermutants and the better-then-the-elves Ghouls. We are members of the Brotherhood of steel, a group descended from the army, with access to things like power amour and alien blasters. Too bad they were too expensive to take.

« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 12:11:06 am by TheNewerMartianEmperor »

ousire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2009, 12:06:07 am »

This wasteland is fought over by many differing factions, such as the sheltered Vault dwellers, the murderous supermutants and the better-then-the-elves Ghouls. We are members of the Brotherhood of steel, a group descended from the army, with access to things like power amour and alien blasters. Too bad they were too expensive to take.

damn. that sounds fun :P

any dwarfs left open?

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 12:11:43 am »

Only the cook and the brewer.

Jarod Cain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 12:22:31 am »

Name: Friar Jones

Reason for exile: Incest! No... Probably topping off from his own hidden stash of brew.
-J-
-Self Proclaimed Constitutional Monarch of Utah-
-Card carrying Ambassador of Bad People Territories-
Paddledwork
Pages: [1] 2 3