Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 370

Author Topic: Atheists  (Read 392537 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Atheists
« Reply #3600 on: April 28, 2010, 03:09:46 am »

I see. Aren't you just moving the goal post now?

No; i just forgot to clarify that editing one's own post is a power we all have and thus isn't special or godlike. Editing other's posts is not a power we possess, and thus is proof that some users have greater powers.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: April 28, 2010, 03:15:03 am »

Well, I've never seen it happen, and every time it does happen, you could have edited it yourself.

The only way to prove it is to invoke them, which for you is tantamount to suicide right now, and even then you could be faking that you've been banned.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 
will rena,eme sique to sique sxds-- siquo if sucessufil
(cant spel siqou a. every speling looks wroing (hate this))

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: April 28, 2010, 04:14:53 am »

I wasn't banned, i was muted.

If you want to prove that the mods are capable of doing that for yourself. Just post a few hitlers; proof will come pouring in.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: April 28, 2010, 04:20:14 am »

That's the same as: "If you want proof there's an afterlife, just kill yourself" ;)

Disclaimer: Don't try that at home, kids.

This one thread is mine. MIIIIINE!!! And it will remain a happy, friendly, encouraging place, whether you lot like it or not. 

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: April 28, 2010, 04:21:26 am »

Except you won't, ah, die.

Also, you'll notice when a mod edits something it says so in the post. This little notice does not come up when you either quote the post or try and edit it yourself, so changing it removes any evidence of a mod edit (which would be unhelpful in this case) and you can't do it yourself. So you can't pretend a mod edited your post without being found out pretty quick.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: April 28, 2010, 04:23:25 am »

That's the same as: "If you want proof there's an afterlife, just kill yourself" ;)

Disclaimer: Don't try that at home, kids.

Not really; the initial punishment is purely temporary and undoable (being a 3 day mute). Dying, however, is not even remotely temporary.

If dying was temporary and reversible, i would absolutely kill myself right now to see if there was an afterlife or not.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: April 28, 2010, 04:24:36 am »

Too bad this isn't OOTS or I'd be all over that.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: April 28, 2010, 04:29:15 am »

@Jackrabbit:
1. your forum-personality "dies", which was the metaphor we were using.
2. You can do it yourself, only an edit after someone else posted or an X amount of time has passed leaves such an "edited by" message. The only way to prove it is to have a message we all can see has no "edited by", someone else posts after it, and after that a moderator edits it. For that to happen you'll have to convince a mod to come down from heaven and edit it just for the purpose of proving they exist, and I think, frankly, they can't be bothered. Posting something Godwinnish would get them down with their flaming swords, but also risks muting or banning, a risk none of us is willing to take for this purpose only, unless you really disbelieve in them.

@Neruz: The mute you experienced is your experience only. A holy spirit-revelation type experience, but then in a bad way. I'm not willing to risk that just to prove to myself that they exist ;)

Edited by FourToe: Moderators Exist! Here's proof!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: April 28, 2010, 04:32:42 am »

Yeah that doesn't look right :P

Yes, my proof is personal, but like i said, you can get your own proof easily, with little work and only a minor short-term cost. The fact that you don't want to get your proof is your problem, not mine.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: April 28, 2010, 04:34:37 am »

Edited by FourToe: Moderators Exist! Here's proof!

Yeeeeeeeeeah.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: April 28, 2010, 04:42:04 am »

Yes, my proof is personal, but like i said, you can get your own proof easily, with little work and only a minor short-term cost. The fact that you don't want to get your proof is your problem, not mine.
By your leave, I'm going to use that every time another atheist tells me there's no proof for my God. Thanks!  :D

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: April 28, 2010, 04:43:18 am »

Just, the both of you, expect to get beat up a lot for being impossibly smug.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:23 am »

By your leave, I'm going to use that every time another atheist tells me there's no proof for my God. Thanks!  :D
Difference is; there is no proof for you God.

Here's some more proof btw: Toady One can post in the Announcements section. You cannot.

Siquo

• Bay Watcher
  • Procedurally generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: April 28, 2010, 04:44:37 am »

"Been there, done that..."

...he said, impossibly smugly.  :D

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: April 28, 2010, 04:45:11 am »

The fact that i am being this smug suggests that it is not impossible at all.

Spoiler: *Smugfase* (click to show/hide)
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 370