Not even close.
- 391 (73.4%)
Almost . . . but didn't
- 26 (4.9%)
Maybe managed halfway
- 51 (9.6%)

Total Members Voted: 530

Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 128

Author Topic: Nethack  (Read 175538 times)

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
Re: Nethack
« Reply #1245 on: August 18, 2010, 02:41:40 am »

Isn't Demogorgon worse?he summons many nasties and his attacks cause the ILL stat.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: August 18, 2010, 02:49:55 am »

Isn't Demogorgon worse?he summons many nasties and his attacks cause the ILL stat.

Yeah, but Demogorgon is like an optional secret boss. He's supposed to be harder. Now, sometimes you'll run into him by accident, but that's just the nature of the game.

But in a way, he's easier. You see, demogorgon is a demon, and is thus obligated to respect Elbereth. If you can burn an Elbereth into the ground before he gets a chance to attack, you've already won. Rodney is a human though, so he won't respect it, and keep on attacking.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: August 18, 2010, 03:02:11 am »

Yeah, but Demogorgon is like an optional secret boss. He's supposed to be harder. Now, sometimes you'll run into him by accident, but that's just the nature of the game.

But in a way, he's easier. You see, demogorgon is a demon, and is thus obligated to respect Elbereth. If you can burn an Elbereth into the ground before he gets a chance to attack, you've already won. Rodney is a human though, so he won't respect it, and keep on attacking.
In Slashem you HAVE to kill or evade him,he is petryfiable though so cockatrice egg I choose you!I think they made him not respect Elbereth in Slashem as well,oh well it was nice knowing my char.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 18, 2010, 03:07:43 am »

I don't know anything about Slash'em, so I'm sorry if I can't help you there.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 18, 2010, 03:16:25 am »

Oh and one thing for players,Throwing Stars are very good weapons.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 18, 2010, 03:19:40 am »

Oh and one thing for players,Throwing Stars are very good weapons.
But are quite rare, and are not really worth wishing for (In my opinion, because you can get daggers much easier and without wishes). So getting some may be a problem.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:28 am »

(poll)What do you think the worst normal enemy is? this is excluding,Greater Demons (such as Demogorgon,Orcus etc) ,Bosses (Rodney,Quest Boss etc)Uniques and Liches.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 03:34:07 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 18, 2010, 03:33:30 am »

Kraken. Insta-death is no good, plus enough HP that you pretty much have to death ray them if they grab you. There's a reason I genocide ;
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 18, 2010, 03:34:52 am »

Kraken. Insta-death is no good, plus enough HP that you pretty much have to death ray them if they grab you. There's a reason I genocide ;
Isn't the Kraken unique?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 18, 2010, 03:37:34 am »

Cockatrices. Although they have never killed me a whole lot, they have the potential to. Their stoning is non-resistible. And you may be able to stop their (non instant) stoning by eating lizards, but just touching their corpse, or getting hit by it is an Instadeath. Also: Their "Ways to be petrified by a cockatrice" Section is gigantic.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 18, 2010, 07:11:48 am »

Cockatrices are DEADLY and I have encountered hives of them before  :( fuck you RNG.(edit)I just have freed a Water Demon and he has given me a wish,what should I wish for?(I am playing as a monk)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 08:17:15 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

kcwong

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 18, 2010, 07:07:38 pm »

Cockatrices are DEADLY and I have encountered hives of them before  :( fuck you RNG.(edit)I just have freed a Water Demon and he has given me a wish,what should I wish for?(I am playing as a monk)

1. Non-weapon artifact! As long as the no. of artifacts already in the game is less than 2, choose one according to your alignment. You will get blasted by intelligent ones (marked with *) when you pick it up, yes, but if you can take the blast (4d10, 2d10 with magic resistance), the benefits are well worth it.

Lawful:
The Orb of Detection* - #invoke invisibility, magic resistance, telepathy, half spell damage
The Sceptre of Might* - Magic resistance, #invoke hungerless conflict

Neutral:
Magicbane - Even if you are not using it to hit, it's handy for guaranteed Elbereth, and if you are retreating, wielding it will absorb curses from nasty liches and Rodney.
The Orb of Fate* - Warning, half spell damage, half physical damage, acts as luckstone, #invoke level teleport
The Eye of Aethiopica* - ESP, half spell damage, magic resistance, fast MP regen, #invoke branch teleport

Chaotic:
The Master Key of Thievery* - Warning, teleport control, half physical damage, #invoke untrap

2. Fixed blessed +2 pair of speed boots.

3. Whatever protection you are lacking. Reflection? Magic resistance? Magic cancel? Fixed blessed greased +2 cloak of magic resistance or oilskin cloak.

4. 2 blessed scrolls of genocide.

5. 2 blessed scrolls of charging if you haven't identified charging yet.

6. Blessed fixed +2 gray or silver dragon scale armor if you're high level (20+ and grandmaster martial arts). Wearing armor at that point won't make you miss all the time anymore. Though you are very likely to be able to get one without wishing.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 18, 2010, 07:33:00 pm »

I'd wish for the Eye if you're neutral (take the Orb if you're not going to be casting spells), the Master Key if you're chaotic, or +3 blessed fixed greased speed boots if you're not strong enough to survive the blasting or you're lawful.

Although there are other options such as magic markers, amulets of life saving, and blessed spellbooks of identify, the speed boots are better and the quest artifacts are the best, especially if you're neutral. The Eye is fantastic and the Orb is pretty damn good, too.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 18, 2010, 08:05:58 pm »

I've been getting back into Nethack.  Playing as a Dwarven Valkyrie right now, got Excalibur and a cursed silver saber (Damnit), plus a +2 blessed greased blah blah blah GDSM.

Oh, and an uncursed lamp I'm saving.  Not gonna say I'm doing well though, I don't want to tempt the RNG.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 18, 2010, 08:08:08 pm »

Is anyone playing on Telnet? Because I'll so log on and pester you with the Mail daemon if you are.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 128