Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 729

Author Topic: Face Palm moments you had in Dwarf Fortress  (Read 2129899 times)

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Face Palm moments you had
« Reply #3825 on: February 12, 2011, 09:37:01 pm »

Yeah that Kurtz--it fits: we are in a jungle, and he became mayor after murdering several dwarves in a tantrum and becoming a warrior badass, flanked by war elephants and a war voracious cave crawler. The horror, the horror...
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Jingles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3826 on: February 13, 2011, 10:22:24 am »

I forgot to change the baby limit to a reasonable level.

My population cap is 120. My actual population currently sits at 164.

There are a total of 51 babies and children... *facepalm*
Just abort them... and the parents too.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3827 on: February 13, 2011, 10:45:53 am »

I forgot to change the baby limit to a reasonable level.

My population cap is 120. My actual population currently sits at 164.

There are a total of 51 babies and children... *facepalm*
Just abort them... and the parents too.
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3828 on: February 13, 2011, 08:53:45 pm »

So, I named one of my dorfs after me, gave him appropriate skills to be a proto-me, and sent him off with 6 non-nicknamed "servants". I had all intentions of setting this game up as though I were the overlord of this particular fortress. What's the first thing that happens? My beardy avatar decides to go fight a pack of marmots, dodges into a murky pool, and promptly drowns. *facepalm*

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Ibid Straydrink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3829 on: February 13, 2011, 10:48:54 pm »

So, I named one of my dorfs after me, gave him appropriate skills to be a proto-me, and sent him off with 6 non-nicknamed "servants". I had all intentions of setting this game up as though I were the overlord of this particular fortress. What's the first thing that happens? My beardy avatar decides to go fight a pack of marmots, dodges into a murky pool, and promptly drowns. *facepalm*

That's what you get!

*snirk* ...Get it..?
“I am the spirit that negates. And rightly so, for all that comes to be. Deserves to perish wretchedly; 'Twere better nothing would begin."

Nekudotayim

• Bay Watcher
  • [DWARF_ALIGNMENT:EVIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3830 on: February 14, 2011, 07:15:55 am »

I was building a channel full of water and a drawbridge at the first defense line. I had no soldiers yet, cause I did not yet know much about the squad system back then. Then winter came, the water froze. Then a horde of wolves came.  ::)

Luckily I had a draw bridge at my main entrance too.
Once upon a time there was a dwarf. Then he died. The End.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3831 on: February 14, 2011, 08:25:03 am »

I was building a channel full of water and a drawbridge at the first defense line. I had no soldiers yet, cause I did not yet know much about the squad system back then. Then winter came, the water froze. Then a horde of wolves came.  ::)

Luckily I had a draw bridge at my main entrance too.
Never. EVER. Fill your moats.
Unless it's with corpses or magma. Those will do.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3832 on: February 14, 2011, 11:44:57 am »

That's what you get!

*snirk* ...Get it..?

The best part of all this? I cannot swim in real life.  ::)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3833 on: February 14, 2011, 11:46:32 am »

That's what you get!

*snirk* ...Get it..?

Ouch...

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #3834 on: February 14, 2011, 11:48:40 am »

That's what you get!

*snirk* ...Get it..?

Ouch...
What he said.
My Mafia Stats
At this point?  TolyK.

Serrational

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentlemen prefer magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3835 on: February 14, 2011, 12:10:00 pm »

Do you not see how ominous/portentous this is? If you see a marmot, pull out a fucking chaincrossbow man. It may save you..
I figured the guy was a goner too when a noseless bat from hell flew right over the fortifications and attacked.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3836 on: February 14, 2011, 12:11:10 pm »

Do you not see how ominous/portentous this is? If you see a marmot, pull out a fucking chaincrossbow man. It may save you..

Damnit! Now I want a Chaincrossbow...

Sirdrake

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3837 on: February 14, 2011, 06:20:26 pm »

Channeling out the square of a volcano wall, hoping it'll flood the room I've created to go beneath my forges. The main staircase of the fortress was unblocked. My fortress becomes a new extension of the volcano.

I Got bored with my volcano fort and lets just say there was an "accidental" miss click on designate to mine

Lamphare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3838 on: February 14, 2011, 07:40:12 pm »

part of the risk that dwarves have to face, assumed, in many if not all fantasy dwarf exist, is 'accident'
that is to say, deep creatures, flooding of water or magma, structural failure due to various causes, invasion, or simply a tantrum spiral.

like mines of moria, or Khazad-dûm gotten continuously attacked by orcs for hundreds of years thusly food access was partially cut off, laterly durin's bane, much like FB in DF, killed the dwarven king and drived many folks to flee and finally abandon the stronghold. though i supposed i didnot read anything about flood and cave-ins or any 'minor' incidents alike, there are always danger, and fun in underground construction.

so yeah in summary, i consider those bad things very dwarfy. and as i had, they should be treated as a history of the fort, and be dealt, whenever, wherever and however a bunch of dwarves can.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Duntada Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3839 on: February 15, 2011, 04:53:28 am »

Not sure if this is facepalm or win.

I have a roast siting in the kitchen that is made from minced strawberry wine, finely minced swamp whiskey, finely minced dwarven ale, minced dwarven ale and dwarven rum.
Girlinhat: The biggest issue seems to be size.  A 1x1 room would allow for maximum child desecration.
Pages: 1 ... 254 255 [256] 257 258 ... 729