Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Warning; Contents may offend.  (Read 11409 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Warning; Contents may offend.
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2009, 11:48:30 pm »

¿, you're definition of religion includes modern science. You're wrong, and seemingly unable to do anything but keep saying the same irrelevant catch phrases again and again.

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2009, 11:53:14 pm »

This is also in the dictionary:

a·the·ism
2.  Godlessness; immorality.

Unless you want to argue that this is true, stop using the dictionary as the final arbiter of what is or is not atheism.

¿

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2009, 11:55:58 pm »

My "catch phrase" is what you're doing. It's very funny.
Alternatively I could say:
I SEE WAHT YOU DID THAR.

you're definition of religion includes modern science.
Finish that. Really. And then, if it were, what is wrong with science being a kind of religion? A kind of belief system? You hold that as if there's something irrefutably wrong with that.

Unless you want to argue that this is true, stop using the dictionary as the final arbiter of what is or is not atheism.
No, that's right. Godlessness.

Where were you going with that?

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2009, 11:59:36 pm »

You guys have to learn not to feed the trolls.
!!&!!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2009, 12:00:41 am »

We're bored.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2009, 12:04:33 am »

We're bored.

Mental image:  inaluct as Heimdall dropping rocks or whatever on the giants below.
This may be influenced by his portrayal here.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2009, 12:06:27 am by Earthquake Damage »

¿

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2009, 12:10:07 am »

You guys have to learn not to feed the trolls.
Which trolls?
Mental image:  inaluct as Heimdall dropping rocks or whatever on the giants below.
I still like my mental image better.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 22, 2009, 12:11:28 am »

Here's my proof that Atheism is not a religion.

Babies are Atheists. They have no opinion about the creation of the universe, no concept of a God, no concept of anything concerning any religion, but by definition, lack belief in God, and are therefore Atheists. It is the default position, that is, no position.

Of course, it is possible for an atheist, when he has become cognizant, to take a position. For most, that position is that any position is ridiculous, but there are other positions.

Raelians, who believe that humans are the result of extraterrestrials using genetic engineering on earth a few hundred thousand years ago. That is a religion. They are also Atheists in that they don't believe in God. They are also ridiculous.

Buddhists do not worship Buddha as a god. There are gods in the stories surrounding Buddha, but a great deal of Buddhists call themselves Atheists. They are also ridiculous.

What Upside Down Question Mark is doing is arguing from Semantics. It's a fallacy. Also, he's clearly decided what his position is, and isn't going to change it. It's pointless to argue against him.
!!&!!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 22, 2009, 12:15:34 am »

webcomic
I'm not sure who's who in that, but it has a worm with a giant eye, so I'm going to start reading it.

I still like my mental image better.
Is it an image of some guy lounging on a couch with a laptop, eating delicious homemade pizza? If so, you may be telepathic.

Also, Ampersand, I agree with a lot of what you said. There's a chance that I'll eventually get around to posting something arguing that not all Buddhists are ridiculous, though.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 22, 2009, 12:18:50 am »

I'm not sure who's who in that, but it has a worm with a giant eye, so I'm going to start reading it.

Clearly I didn't link to the relevant strip (probably because there're some 600+ of the damned things IIRC).  Even if you don't find it, after reading a handful of those you'll probably have a good guess how he acts.  :P

¿

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 22, 2009, 12:24:11 am »

Here's my proof that Atheism is not a religion.

Other religions that are officially religions and do not believe in God are stupid.

What Ampersand is doing is arguing from opinion. It's a fallacy. Also, he's clearly decided what his position is, and isn't going to change it. It's pointless to argue against him.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 22, 2009, 12:25:09 am »

This thread is now about Listening to 11.975MHz. Occasionally NSFW. Also thank you for skipping the important half of my post.
!!&!!

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 22, 2009, 12:30:17 am »

This thread is now about Listening to 11.975MHz.

Huh?  I was expecting some sort of internet radio station, possibly with a daily radio show of a vaguely Howard Stern nature (hence the NSFW warning).  Instead I get what appears to be a French webcomic.  If your mission was to subvert expectations, you succeeded.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 22, 2009, 12:40:53 am »

This thread is now about Listening to 11.975MHz.

Huh?  I was expecting some sort of internet radio station, possibly with a daily radio show of a vaguely Howard Stern nature (hence the NSFW warning).  Instead I get what appears to be a French webcomic.  If your mission was to subvert expectations, you succeeded.

It's not French. Try to translate the text. Also, read a few pages backward.
!!&!!

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 22, 2009, 12:46:04 am »

What Upside Down Question Mark is doing is arguing from Semantics. It's a fallacy. Also, he's clearly decided what his position is, and isn't going to change it. It's pointless to argue against him.

Lots of fallacies in this thread. Inaluct's straw man argument included.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9